+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN Conference Reviews

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

Re: ESPN Conference Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    The truth is, any team in the SEC can make a run and beat any team top to bottom. The Pac-10 has to play OOC games that are marquee because their conference is weak.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I would argue that we were the disappointment of the conference this year. Many thought we were good enough to fight for second or third in conference. Not even close.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by littleshoe View Post
    Do you not believe this to be true?

2007 Kentucky over LSU
    2008 The entire season for Vandy
    2008 Ole' Miss def. Florida

These are just three instances. It happens every week in the SEC, the parody is that great.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

The truth is, any team in the SEC can make a run and beat any team top to bottom.
    That's funny. It sure doesn't seem that way.

Kentucky vs. Tenn. - 25 straight

MSU vs. LSU - 10 straight

Vandy vs. Florida - 19 straight

Vandy vs. UGA - 14/last 15

Vandy vs. Tenn. - 26/last 27

Kentucky vs. Alabama - 2-35-1 all time

Kentucky vs. UF - 28/last 30

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Do you not believe this to be true?

2007 Kentucky over LSU
    2008 The entire season for Vandy
    2008 Ole' Miss def. Florida

These are just three instances. It happens every week in the SEC, the parody is that great.
    The parody is an SEC non-conference schedule.

Or what 8 home games per year does for your record.

Or those brutal, brutal trips to unwinnable stadiums like Commonwealth and Vanderbilt and Davis Wade.

Parity on the other hand, is when most teams are roughly equal in caliber.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    The parody is an SEC non-conference schedule.

Or what 8 home games per year does for your record.

Or those brutal, brutal trips to unwinnable stadiums like Commonwealth and Vanderbilt and Davis Wade.

Parity on the other hand, is when most teams are roughly equal in caliber.
    Sorry for my misunderstanding of the two words. K so you pick any 5 Pac10 teams and I'll pick any 5 SEC teams. We will throw them in seperate hats and pick randomly. Which conference comes out of the matchups with the better record?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for my misunderstanding of the two words. K so you pick any 5 Pac10 teams and I'll pick any 5 SEC teams. We will throw them in seperate hats and pick randomly. Which conference comes out of the matchups with the better record?
    If I may add to the conversation........

Are the teams playing at neutral sites? If so, I think the SEC wins hands down. If you have to play at Oregon, LSU, Florida, Bama, or USC then I would give the edge to the home team.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    If I may add to the conversation........

Are the teams playing at neutral sites? If so, I think the SEC wins hands down. If you have to play at Oregon, LSU, Florida, Bama, or USC then I would give the edge to the home team.
    Neutral

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Alabama must be removed from the discussion as most are certain they are the best team in the country.

I'd take Oregon over Florida and I might be alone in that. Oregon has shown to be a complete enough team (even in their losses) that I really believe they'd give Florida fits. I really wanted to see going into this year if Tebow could prove to still be a star without Harvin. I've gotten my answer.

On the rest are you serious? I think if you remove all BCS teams then the Pac 10 atleast wins 3 of 5.

Oregon State vs LSU- edge to Oregon State. Oregon State puts up way too many points. Rodgers brothers have a field day too.

Arizona vs Ole Miss- Edge to Arizona because their defense forces Snead into mistakes that cost Ole Miss the game. Probably the closest game out of the 5 with one team winning a nail biter.

Stanford vs Tennessee- I'd take Stanford here as well even though I could see the Tennessee defense coming up with a big game. I just feel that if Stanford breaks a few plays, Tennessee wouldn't have the offense to keep up.

USC vs Georgia- USC. No question. USC has the talent to beat all these teams but a freshman QB is killing their season. They will back next season as a top 10 team. Georgia again has a recurring problem for SEC schools. Terrible offense despite the fact that they may have the best WR in the country. Give them a QB and Georgia might be the 3rd best team in the SEC this year though.

Cal vs your choice of Arkansas, South Carolina, Kentucky, or Auburn. Question is does Cal have a healthy Best. Because this is really a 1 man team I give the edge to the SEC here. Though a good game by Best could be a Cal win.

So that is 2 Pac 10 wins, 1 SEC wins, and 2 toss up games.

+ Reply to Thread