+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/12 MISS STATE game

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

12/12 MISS STATE game

Lady Techsters Basketball
    Day: Saturday
    Date: Dec. 12, 2009
    Time: 7:00 p.m. CT

Head Coach: Teresa Weatherspoon
    Roster: Click Here

Opponent Info:

Mississippi State (5-3)
    Mascot: Bulldogs
    Conference: SEC
    Head Coach: Sharon Fanning-Otis
    Roster: Click Here
    Schedule: Click Here

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: 12/12 MISS STATE game

Mississippi State (5-3) coming to Ruston, LA this Saturday. Game starts at 7 PM.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Mississippi State was ranked for a period of time but didn't have success at a tournament in the Virgin Islands and was knocked out of the TOP 25. This is a team we can/should beat at the TAC.

Our second SEC opponent of the season too. GO LADY TECHSTERS!
    Last edited by ESPNGuy; 12-11-2009 at 02:40 AM.

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    Mississippi State was ranked for a period of time but didn't have success at a tournament in the Virgin Islands and was knocked out of the TOP 25. This is a team we can/should beat at the RAC.

Our second SEC opponent of the season too. GO LADY TECHSTERS!
    Wow. Look at the scoring difference at home and at the tournament.
    No debate that most of the early OOC was weak, but they seemingly got controlled in every game...

Looking at that tournament, the Texas squad (that got controlled by Tennessee but who doesn't?) has a solid record, i don't think it was a bad loss for Moo State. USC is shaky but apparently is capable, idk about Rutgers.

Miss St. seemed a little streaky vs. Maryland is a very solid team that they crushed, so I looked into it! One of their guards scored 42 points. Who does that? After looking at her stats for the tournament she shoots normally 16 shots a game, mostly 3's, and just quite frankly got lucky IMO.
    Here's the win over Maryland summary from espn:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=293260344
    Not going to belittle this team at all, but it seems like this team is a little weak away from home, get the crowd into it, and we can control them. Should be a fun one!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Aussierules1985 View Post
    Wow. Look at the scoring difference at home and at the tournament.
    No debate that most of the early OOC was weak, but they seemingly got controlled in every game...

Looking at that tournament, the Texas squad (that got controlled by Tennessee but who doesn't?) has a solid record, i don't think it was a bad loss for Moo State. USC is shaky but apparently is capable, idk about Rutgers.

Miss St. seemed a little streaky vs. Maryland is a very solid team that they crushed, so I looked into it! One of their guards scored 42 points. Who does that? After looking at her stats for the tournament she shoots normally 16 shots a game, mostly 3's, and just quite frankly got lucky IMO.
    Here's the win over Maryland summary from espn:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=293260344
    Not going to belittle this team at all, but it seems like this team is a little weak away from home, get the crowd into it, and we can control them. Should be a fun one!
    I will be there! MState is usually VERY athletic and this will be another tough game! Win it and we could see ourselves ranked next week. I will take a second half come back and win over a loss any day of the week, but I sure wish we could put teams away early. MState won't give up and they know that they need this game. We will have a battle with them. At the TAC and with our second half heroics, we should pull it out.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

MState is going to be another really tough team. Their losses are to Texas, Rutgers, and Southern Cal all in a tournament in the Virgin Islands. They are looking for a quality win and we are that right now. They handled Southern Miss easily on the 2nd. We can't let teams get these big leads and then start playing. MState is going to be tough to mount a comeback against. Home court should help us in this one and we need it badly to improve to 5-2 (with close losses to two top 10 teams). This will be the biggest test left in OOC that I can find, except for a few trap games that we must avoid let downs. MState has athletes and that can cause us some trouble, but I think we are better conditioned and IF we bring our game from start to finish, we can beat them.

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Alexis Rack (#2 in picture ) is the guard who scored 42 points. She is a former high school teammate ( point guard )of Adrienne Johnson at Franklin High School. She was named Mississippi Player of the Year last season. Johnson listed her as the toughest player she has ever played against.

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post
    Alexis Rack (#2 in picture ) is the guard who scored 42 points. She is a former high school teammate ( point guard )of Adrienne Johnson at Franklin High School. She was named Mississippi Player of the Year last season. Johnson listed her as the toughest player she has ever played against.
    Quick and athletic is how I have seen her described. She is going to be tough to control.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

---Re: 12/12 MISS STATE game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Quick and athletic is how I have seen her described. She is going to be tough to control.
    All TSpoon needs to do is put Wysinger on her!
    That would definately slow her down!

Re: ---Re: 12/12 MISS STATE game

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    All TSpoon needs to do is put Wysinger on her!
    That would definately slow her down!
    Yeah, that wing span will cause some true disruption. Wysinger has been a true spark off the bench. I love to watch her play. Hate to see her come down the court with the ball, though. She usually has control, but sometimes it APPEARS that she doesn't. :icon_wink:

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Here is a copy of an email I sent to Spoon today. I have not received a restraining order yet.

Congratulations on a great win last night. I love the fire and determination of this team, and think you are just fabulous. I do have a minor problem with our ladies. I am 58 years-old and am in the prime heart attack age group. I am sure our players do not want to kill me, but their tendency to delay playing well and coming from behind is not healthy for me. So, I have carefully thought out a solution to this problem. I think, after the pregame warm ups, you should line the team up and proceed to smack every one of them to make sure they are awake and ready to play. Smack 'em hard. Of course, this will end up on you tube, and you will be vilified as an abusive coach, and it will be a big to do, blah, blah, blah. So, reputations come and go -- who cares. I figure this may work well -- as long as they don't smack you back. It probably would not be good to have a big smack fest going on before each game, even though I think it would increase attendance. After a few games you could wait for the first time out to determine if smacking is needed. I am sure you could get it done as long as it was a full time out. Anyway. that is my great idea and hope you will implement prior to the Mississippi State game this Saturday, You don't need to give me any credit for the coaching help, and can just claim it as your own. I will say thanks in advance for this -- for me and my heart.

Buz Johnson '73

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Here is a copy of an email I sent to Spoon today. I have not received a restraining order yet.

Congratulations on a great win last night. I love the fire and determination of this team, and think you are just fabulous. I do have a minor problem with our ladies. I am 58 years-old and am in the prime heart attack age group. I am sure our players do not want to kill me, but their tendency to delay playing well and coming from behind is not healthy for me. So, I have carefully thought out a solution to this problem. I think, after the pregame warm ups, you should line the team up and proceed to smack every one of them to make sure they are awake and ready to play. Smack 'em hard. Of course, this will end up on you tube, and you will be vilified as an abusive coach, and it will be a big to do, blah, blah, blah. So, reputations come and go -- who cares. I figure this may work well -- as long as they don't smack you back. It probably would not be good to have a big smack fest going on before each game, even though I think it would increase attendance. After a few games you could wait for the first time out to determine if smacking is needed. I am sure you could get it done as long as it was a full time out. Anyway. that is my great idea and hope you will implement prior to the Mississippi State game this Saturday, You don't need to give me any credit for the coaching help, and can just claim it as your own. I will say thanks in advance for this -- for me and my heart.

Buz Johnson '73
    That is priceless! I bet she will reply too. She usually answers my emails. That is just flat out funny, though!

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

lmao...thanks for the good laugh haha

Champ Aussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the roughAussierules1985 is a jewel in the rough

Buz Johnson '73
    Sweet! Can't wait to see what she says!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Buz Johnson '73
    Good "stuff". I can't wait to see what she emails you back.

+ Reply to Thread