+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/12 MISS STATE game

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Re: 12/12 MISS STATE game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I will be there! MState is usually VERY athletic and this will be another tough game! Win it and we could see ourselves ranked next week. I will take a second half come back and win over a loss any day of the week, but I sure wish we could put teams away early. MState won't give up and they know that they need this game. We will have a battle with them. At the TAC and with our second half heroics, we should pull it out.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    how long is the drive for you?? go lady techsters!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    how long is the drive for you?? go lady techsters!!!
    I am just South of Tyler, Texas. It takes about 3 and a half hours. My parents live in Arcadia and are having their Christmas party on that Saturday- all my Dad's family usually come in (with all their kids, grandkids, great grandkids, etc...). So, I will get up early, spend the day in Arcadia and, then, head back to Tyler after the game.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Philgarris, give us a breakdown of keys to the game Saturday night. I know that MState is billed as just as fast and athletic as we are. Plus, they are scrappy. Losses all to top 20 teams, I believe - Duke, Texas, and Rutgers? They are a team that can wreak havok, so we better be ready.

What is their true strength?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I hope we start off well in the first half.

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Ok Philgarris, give us a breakdown of keys to the game Saturday night. I know that MState is billed as just as fast and athletic as we are. Plus, they are scrappy. Losses all to top 20 teams, I believe - Duke, Texas, and Rutgers? They are a team that can wreak havok, so we better be ready.

What is their true strength?
    Sharon Fanning is the mastermind behind this team, she is a great coach and no matter what her talent level is she will have them ready to go. I have seen her do something with nothing and with the talent that she has on this team they will be tough to handle.
    We have the athletes to battle them but trust me when I tell you they are every bit as good as WKU and LSU. I am not going to say that they have the balance of Baylor but if we don't lock them down they will play inside out all night long.
    I really believe though that this game isn't as much about what they will do as to what we must do to be successful.
    We have seen in years past where we have to hope that the better teams that we play have to be a step off on the night that we play them but that isn't the case this season.
    We have every opportunity to play with every team on our schedule and Miss State is no different but we must do the little things well.
    1. Rebound on both ends of the floor
    2. Limit Turnovers to less than 15
    3. Shoot Free Throws at 70% or higher
    4. Run when we have the opportunity but not force
    5. Be patient in the half court and shoot 40% or higher for the game
    6. Play agressive defense and lock down their shooting guard we need to keep her at 15 pts or less.
    7. Belive that we can win is the most important thing

I really feel that if we win this game we could be on our way to a really special season. I would not be surprised if we finished out the season with no more losses if we win this game tonight.

Go Techsters

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Sharon Fanning is the mastermind behind this team, she is a great coach and no matter what her talent level is she will have them ready to go. I have seen her do something with nothing and with the talent that she has on this team they will be tough to handle.
    We have the athletes to battle them but trust me when I tell you they are every bit as good as WKU and LSU. I am not going to say that they have the balance of Baylor but if we don't lock them down they will play inside out all night long.
    I really believe though that this game isn't as much about what they will do as to what we must do to be successful.
    We have seen in years past where we have to hope that the better teams that we play have to be a step off on the night that we play them but that isn't the case this season.
    We have every opportunity to play with every team on our schedule and Miss State is no different but we must do the little things well.
    1. Rebound on both ends of the floor
    2. Limit Turnovers to less than 15
    3. Shoot Free Throws at 70% or higher
    4. Run when we have the opportunity but not force
    5. Be patient in the half court and shoot 40% or higher for the game
    6. Play agressive defense and lock down their shooting guard we need to keep her at 15 pts or less.
    7. Belive that we can win is the most important thing

I really feel that if we win this game we could be on our way to a really special season. I would not be surprised if we finished out the season with no more losses if we win this game tonight.

Go Techsters
    I actually agree with you (even though I predicted more losses from this point forward) about the potential for going undefeated through the remainder of the season. I think the Techsters have displayed more emotion in the first few games of this season than in all of Long's tenure combined. They do not have the wealth of talent that many top-25 teams have nor depth, but the talent that is there is growing and some of the fundamentals that were missing for the past few seasons seem to be righted, or at least moving in the right direction.

The only concern, at least from my perspective, that seems to be a major issue is the lack of "killer instinct" from beginning to end. If Spoon and Park can instill that old Techster mentality of attack from the tipoff then I agree that this team will be tough to beat within the WAC.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Video is up on All-Access. Regal Blues wearing their sparkling blue uniforms.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

15:35 Tech 8-5

Grimes with 2 PF already

14:36 Tech 10-5

Jones on fire...she looks like she is trying to make a point....after MSU knocked her out her Soph year. Nine points already.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I am having problems with sound - huge echo. Also, the video is choppy. I wish we could get our act together on this all access.

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Angry Re: 12/12 MISS STATE game

I can't get either the boys or girls game. My schedule under "live events" on the all access sign-on sheet jumps from 12-01-09 to 12-29-09. Nothing in between. Anybody else having this trouble? I have sent in a trouble report, but not sure I'll hear anything by the time the game is over!

TD
    ~~

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    I am having problems with sound - huge echo. Also, the video is choppy. I wish we could get our act together on this all access.
    Same here, huge reverb action going on with audio and choppy video. .

Champ TechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud ofTechsasDawg has much to be proud of TechsasDawg's Avatar

Frown Re: 12/12 MISS STATE game

OK, got it now! Had to go to the tab that lets you put in the exact of the event. NOt sure what's going on in the "Live Events" section!

There is a big "reverb" sound. I'm going over to the boys game audio and see if they are having problems as well!

TD
    ~~

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Yep - sounds like Malcolm is calling the game in the TAC.

11:22 Tech 15-14

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Flashchat?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

19-17 msu

+ Reply to Thread