+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amber's buzzer-beater

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Amber's buzzer-beater

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    That ODU win will be forever tainted since it took monkey business at the scorer's table that allowed Tech to call an illegal 6th timeout. Tech loses without the extra timeout.
    I never realized that. Glad I didn't know and wish I didn't now.

Varsity Bulldog techfan4life has turned a few heads around heretechfan4life has turned a few heads around here

Interesting to see how much the style of play has changed.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techfan4life View Post
    Interesting to see how much the style of play has changed.
    We were very much a part of that change in style. The Techsters were playing VERY physical early on. Other teams couldn't match that. The game caught up to our style of play. Everyone was trying to catch up to our physical play.

On a similar note, anyone notice the new Tennessee warm ups. Pat is taking that blue to a whole new level. It is no longer just a "little" Techster blue.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I never realized that. Glad I didn't know and wish I didn't now.
    If you ever wondered what killed the Tech-ODU home-and-home series, now you know. There was one additional game played at each site under the contract already in effect when this game happened, and the contract was not renewed after that.
    Last edited by RealityCheck; 12-22-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Champ, what is the deal with the Tennessee blue. Is it a secondary Tenn color? It doesn't have anything to do with us, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    Champ, what is the deal with the Tennessee blue. Is it a secondary Tenn color? It doesn't have anything to do with us, does it?
    Pat was quoted in the late 80's that the Techsters had brought the game to a whole new level and would always be known as the ones that did that. She wanted her girls to be as physical and fight for every win like us. As a result of that she stated that there would always be a little Techster blue on their uniforms. So, yeah, it is directly tied to us and our rivalry with them.

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Here's a couple more links to video I just put on YouTube. Both of these were taken from an old Lady Techster Highlight Show from about 20 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys5sLPjWjWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubRN0Bc1jBs

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    Here's a couple more links to video I just put on YouTube. Both of these were taken from an old Lady Techster Highlight Show from about 20 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys5sLPjWjWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubRN0Bc1jBs
    AWESOME! Keep em coming! I love all these being on Youtube!

+ Reply to Thread