+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Superdome games on TV

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Superdome games on TV

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    One good reason the LHSAA needs this revenue?

Any guesses on where the money goes?
    They moved in this week!!!

http://www.lhsaa.org/new_facility.php

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Notice the poll on their front page is: "Do you watch LHSAA championships on CST?" Of course I voted no, cuz our cable system and local stations cannot pursue access to the broadcasts.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

They moved in this week!!!

http://www.lhsaa.org/new_facility.php
    Had no idea. This is really upsetting. They've turned an organization that should simply police high school sports into a bureaucracy that is searching for ways to spend money. This money should go back to the schools.

Any idea how many employees?

Do board members receive a per diem when they go to meetings?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to bump this thread. About a month ago, I asked Ken Trahan to ask Henderson about the TV issue. Very interesting response. Henderson would not say anything "publicly", but it's pretty clear he must have given Trahan some info off the record.

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/spo...ep-issues.html

"With the state football championships, while Henderson would not publicly address the issue of allowing Cox Sports Television to show the five title games live, it is likely that the principals and the association will likely rescind that policy.

Attendance for the State Farm Superdome Classic has fallen dramatically since the games were allowed to shown live in 2008 and 2009. The classic topped out at 63,210 fans in 2007 and has dropped off the last two years with the advent of live telecasts. In 2008, 50,553 attended, a loss of 12,657 from 2007. In 2009, 49,712 fans attended, another loss of 841 fans..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Bureaucracy making bad decisions. It will never change.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Bureaucracy making bad decisions. It will never change.
    Copy that. With proper sponsorships and distribution, the game telecasts can bring in more money than they think they're losing . .. . in these tough economic times.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

I really though Henderson might make a difference...

http://content.usatoday.net/dist/cus...34644043.story

State audits LHSAA books Posted 9/28/2010 7:20 AM ET E-mail | Save | Print

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — A legislative audit finds the former head of the Louisiana High School Athletic Association may have fraudulently spent thousands of dollars of association money including as much as $50,000 on cigars.

If I was Henderson, I would have a forensic audit performed and attempt to go as far back as I can.

If I was Henderson, I would have a forensic audit performed and attempt to go as far back as I can.
    I expect he will and I don't expect he will have participated.

So far he seems like he will be more of the old school. I'd hoped for some changes.

I expect he will and I don't expect he will have participated.

So far he seems like he will be more of the old school. I'd hoped for some changes.
    Give it time. He has been trying to put out fires for the past year and will likely be involved in having to determine exactly what Henry has been doing for the past three decades.

More from the AP:

"Dan Daigle, assistant state Legislative Auditor and director of the Compliance Unit, said his office was asked by the Legislative Audit Advisory Council which consists of five state senators and five state representatives to audit Henry’s spending of LHSAA’s money."

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...ts+LHSAA+books

To me the obvious question is why did the LHSAA have that much money in the first place? Enough to build a new facility and pay a staff of who knows how many?

+ Reply to Thread