+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Army - navy

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Army - navy

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    No it means it is your opinion based on the above and you are wrong. Think Utah St. and Idaho St. are better too? I don't, even though we lost.

As Brian said. We had more talent but a horrible game plan. I think if you had been able to watch the game you would agree that we beat ourselves that day.
    no, Utah St isn't better. And if you meant university of Idaho, I do think they are better this year than Tech.

I don't doubt that for a second. Seems to happen a lot.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

They sure knew exactly how to exploit our OL - and Army did last year two. Moving the ball on these service academy defenses requires solid fundamental play. We may have more talent on offense, but when they punk our OL it doesn't show up.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    :bigcry: Yet another year. But at least there was progress under the new coach. Good things could be in store.

Navy is a better team than Tech, so why do y'all say we should have beat Navy???
    Well, yeah I was at all the games this year and this team IS better than several they lost too.
    Any other questions.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Not to be argumentative, but Navy was a game where we threw too much and ran far too little. Dumbest gameplan in the history of modern football. If we had actually tried to run against Navy, we would likely have been right there at the end. Only 17 rushing attempts in the game, which includes Jenkins' sacks. Really bad gameplan, considering Porter had 10 carries for 44 yards.
    You're right, I had a couple of details off. That was when we were still nursing Tuminello's ego. I still think we would have done very well dumping off to D-Mo over the middle, and after watching them against Army I'm still convinced of it. That was also before Porter had his epiphany, so I'm not totally sure we would have won with more running. Also not sure how much we could have done behind that particular O-line.

Bottom line: They had no answer for our TEs, and like most of the season, we failed to adequately utilize them.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    You're right, I had a couple of details off. That was when we were still nursing Tuminello's ego. I still think we would have done very well dumping off to D-Mo over the middle, and after watching them against Army I'm still convinced of it. That was also before Porter had his epiphany, so I'm not totally sure we would have won with more running. Also not sure how much we could have done behind that particular O-line.

Bottom line: They had no answer for our TEs, and like most of the season, we failed to adequately utilize them.
    I absolutely agree. In games where we've been deliberate in getting the ball into our best players' hands, we've been successful. After watching Mitchell catch some balls last Saturday (which I'm sure we made an effort to do since it was his last game), I wish we would have utilized him a little more, too.

It's been very strange the last two seasons, because some games I walk away thinking, "That was a great game called by Scelfo." Then in others, I've walked away wondering what in the hell I just witnessed. The Navy game (and Utah State) was one such game.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Not to get on the whole Jenkins thing again but that was the game where he literally wouldn't even look downfield. I don't know that we even attempted a long pass until we were out of it. That was a terrible game. Very poor strategy and passing game that game and that is why we lost. If have more talent and athletes means you should have won then yes we should have beaten them. We were outcoached.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

this puts the game in perspective.....coach's comment start at ~1:00. Watch it until the end.
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    this puts the game in perspective.....coach's comment start at ~1:00. Watch it until the end.
    Uh, What's up Dog??

Not seeing anything brother

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Uh, What's up Dog??

Not seeing anything brother
    Oops. didn't copy/paste the link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_v5W...layer_embedded
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

This Navy coach IS very talented and can get job offers in the future, this year and beyond.
    Whaddaya think would have happened if he were in the ND mix? Would he had left his Navy team this week to go to a bigger paycheck like the Cincy coach did??
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Oops. didn't copy/paste the link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_v5W...layer_embedded

Excellent.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    This Navy coach IS very talented and can get job offers in the future, this year and beyond.
    Whaddaya think would have happened if he were in the ND mix? Would he had left his Navy team this week to go to a bigger paycheck like the Cincy coach did??

He seems like a great coach. The trend seems to be for high-powered passing offense, though, and right now he's sort of sterotyped as a triple-option coach. What schools out there would be willing to follow Ga. Tech's lead and switch to the triple option?
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread