+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we recruit Louisiana hard enough?

Varsity Bulldog chev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her game

Re: Do we recruit Louisiana hard enough?

I can tell you from fact, because my son is on those recruiting sites .They get the schools of interest all screwed up .Sometimes they get the info from coaches and sometimes they make there decisions from the recruit's info. Only the high end recruits info gets updated regularly.I also think if someone has a service hired it helps on the updates .We live in S.E. Louisiana and only get mail from LaTech ,Tulsa and TCU have been in area a lot more.Do not know if it is because of certain players are not.My son has size,grades,and has been starter for Senior season.Has made All-Distict and will be in All-Star Game.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

We recruit LA hard. We had a much better quality of LA kids than Tulane or the ULXers. We fought off Tulsa and SMU on a kid or two.

We still struggle to beat out A&M, Miss St, and the like. If we build our facilities up, we will get more of these kids.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    We do circle Louisiana first and foremost. However, Texas is a HUGE priority for us as well. The number of quality D1 players in Texas simply mass the number of athletes in Louisiana. So it's not all bad if we have lots of Texas kids in our signing class. From my personal experience and in my honest opinion, Texas athletes come more mature and are most of the time physically ready to play before Louisiana athletes. Pure athletic ability, I go with Louisiana, but Texas athletes are coached and ready to play faster than most Louisiana players.
    The Texas kids, most of the time, don't have qualifying issues.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by chev6489 View Post
    I can tell you from fact, because my son is on those recruiting sites .They get the schools of interest all screwed up .Sometimes they get the info from coaches and sometimes they make there decisions from the recruit's info. Only the high end recruits info gets updated regularly.I also think if someone has a service hired it helps on the updates .We live in S.E. Louisiana and only get mail from LaTech ,Tulsa and TCU have been in area a lot more.Do not know if it is because of certain players are not.My son has size,grades,and has been starter for Senior season.Has made All-Distict and will be in All-Star Game.
    I hope he wants to join the "Tech Family". Have you sent in his film/cd's or placed a call to him or the other position coaches? I'm sure DD would love to have him.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    The Texas kids, most of the time, don't have qualifying issues.

This is true. Those kids from Texas, typically, are coached up and taught properly. They can handle a college classroom. That is an issue that falls on our state. Our high school education is not exactly nationally revered.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Is he related to the Evans kid that went to Georgia years ago, now in the NFL?
    That would be Demetric his older brother.

Varsity Bulldog chev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her gamechev6489 is on top of his/her game

Tylertechsas,We have attended the Nicholl's Game and talked to Perot and Scelfo .We also gave a CD to Perot of one of his earlier games.For some reason we cannot seem to talk to anyone by phone number or e-mail as listed in staff directory.

Most Southern Catholic Schools are college prep schools.They also have some good athletes .

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Most Southern Catholic Schools are college prep schools.They also have some good athletes .
    What position does your son play and what's his size and 40 time?

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    What position does your son play and what's his size and 40 time?
    Left Tackle,for real 6'5" at 285lbs.,5.4 to 5.5,ACT24

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Good luck - hope your son gets a scholarship

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Left Tackle,for real 6'5" at 285lbs.,5.4 to 5.5,ACT24
    Sounds good to me. Good luck. Have you talked to Coach Joseph, the recruiting coordinator?

Tylertechsas,We have attended the Nicholl's Game and talked to Perot and Scelfo .We also gave a CD to Perot of one of his earlier games.For some reason we cannot seem to talk to anyone by phone number or e-mail as listed in staff directory.
    I will try again today.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

One thing our team needs is speed at whatever position we can get. That Fobbs kid in Shreveport has tons of it and I can virtually guarantee we have not made an effort to get him.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogtek View Post
    One thing our team needs is speed at whatever position we can get. That Fobbs kid in Shreveport has tons of it and I can virtually guarantee we have not made an effort to get him.
    When you've got the offers he does, we have to spend our time and $$ on someone we realistically have a shot at getting.

+ Reply to Thread