+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to the Rebels

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Congrats to the Rebels

West Monroe was the better team.

But, had a blast nonetheless! Saw all three Sat games...and good thing we went when we did, monsoons flooded area streets and kept attendance down for the Rummel-WM game. My sister and her crew kept trying and arrived about 20 mins before kickoff. Streets were closed, but she knows all the side routes and was able to make it to the Dome. Unfortunately thousands of others could not and so attendance was down a little.

The Neville QB is good, but I think he's too slow to be effective in DI football. Maybe....maybe not. He has lots of positives, but his lack of foot speed could be a problem. Neville also has a good kicker. And some kid...#13, I think, who looked good.

Great atmosphere! Gotta love high school football.

Anyway, always proud to be a Rummel Raider.

Congrats to this year's champions.

BTW, the rains let up and streets opened by the time our game was over...LATE into the night...and it was crazy seeing all these cars abandoned on medians and along the streets. Obviously their owners gave up and waded home or something. Eerie.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Congrats to the Rebels

You are a good sport. I posted in another thread about the Rummel defense and the cap I owe you. The Rummel defense was great!

The Neville QB is good, but I think he's too slow to be effective in DI football. Maybe....maybe not. He has lots of positives, but his lack of foot speed could be a problem. Neville also has a good kicker. And some kid...#13, I think, who looked good.

By foot speed I assume you mean in and around the LOS. I didn't notice any stumbling, but did notice a big guy moving pretty well. I'm sure they will work on his mechanics. In case you mean running speed...a 4.7 6'3" guy never looks fast when he has a 4.5 5'10" guy coming from behind with the angle.

#13 is a freshman.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Burch? That's the Neville QB, right?

Like I said...tons of positives. Good QB. I just noticed he was a little slow. Too slow for DI football? I dunno. But as a scout (which I was for a time) I'd note that as a a concern. DI defensive linemen and linebackers are fast.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Burch? That's the Neville QB, right?

Like I said...tons of positives. Good QB. I just noticed he was a little slow. Too slow for DI football? I dunno. But as a scout (which I was for a time) I'd note that as a a concern. DI defensive linemen and linebackers are fast.

I dont think we will be asking him to run that much. Also If you noticed he has alot of "stuff" on his knee since the injury, hampers his speed just a bit. Kid played Centerfield in baseball before the injury. I have been high on him since I saw him at a 7 on 7 camp during his freshman season and glad as hell he is going to Tech.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The Neville QB is good, but I think he's too slow to be effective in DI football. Maybe....maybe not. He has lots of positives, but his lack of foot speed could be a problem..
    Didn't he take off for about a 65 yard run in the 1st quarter? He out ran plenty of guys until the last few steps. He just looks a tad slow due to his size I bet.

"He finished with 17-of-25 passes complete for 305 yards and three touchdowns and eight carries for 92 yards."

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Didn't he take off for about a 65 yard run in the 1st quarter? He out ran plenty of guys until the last few steps. He just looks a tad slow due to his size I bet.

"He finished with 17-of-25 passes complete for 305 yards and three touchdowns and eight carries for 92 yards."
    He can't be that slow to average 11.5 yards per carry. I know he's not as slow as Mallet, the Arkansas QB.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    He can't be that slow to average 11.5 yards per carry. I know he's not as slow as Mallet, the Arkansas QB.
    He's listed at 4.6 which translates to a 4.7. :icon_wink:

Not bad for a 6'3" boy w/meat on his bones.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I dont think we will be asking him to run that much. Also If you noticed he has alot of "stuff" on his knee since the injury, hampers his speed just a bit. Kid played Centerfield in baseball before the injury. I have been high on him since I saw him at a 7 on 7 camp during his freshman season and glad as hell he is going to Tech.
    First time I ever saw him was on the diamond pre injury and he could roll!
    He isn't as fast post knee injury, but dawg80 he is fast enough to play div. 1 QB.

If this kid is Tech-bound, I hope all of you are right.

I did not know about his knee injury. Made an observation based on what I saw. I know what I saw...with my own eyes.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I did not know about his knee injury. Made an observation based on what I saw. I know what I saw...with my own eyes.
    What color are Cal's uniforms again?

Whatever. Are you basing your opinion on the one long run? That's the only one that stood out, but 4.7 will never out run 4.5. I don't think there would be much difference in a foot race between him, R.J, and C.C.. I'd take a Kapernick, but there aren't many of those around.

BTW, I forgot to ask your opinion on the last score by WM on the pass play. IMO it was typical Shows BS and should not have been called.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    BTW, I forgot to ask your opinion on the last score by WM on the pass play. IMO it was typical Shows BS and should not have been called.
    That was classless against H.S. kids. The guy is an arseclown.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    What color are Cal's uniforms again?
    Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Whatever. Are you basing your opinion on the one long run? That's the only one that stood out, but 4.7 will never out run 4.5. I don't think there would be much difference in a foot race between him, R.J, and C.C.. I'd take a Kapernick, but there aren't many of those around.

No, I'm basing it on what I saw during the whole game. Now, if the kid has a bad knee, then heck! that's the reason, and he'll recover from that and be fast again. But, if that is all he's got...well...he'll struggle at the DI level. Just my opinion.

Well, personally, I have always maintained that it's the other team's job to try to score, and our team's job to try to stop 'em. I don't know Shows' motivation for it...maybe he thought 23 was not enough points...but, the defense has to continue to play...in this case for a full 48 mins. If there was a letdown, a loss of focus, then the Raider defense has only itself to blame*.

But, that's me, I ask no quarter...and I offer none.

* of course, all they did was carry the team all year, they were probably worn down by that time in the game...in the season.

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

In the semifinal game on ice/mud he ran quite well also. He was very effective. He also had some power to run through arm tackles.

+ Reply to Thread