+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Student section ideas?

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Re: Student section ideas?

I really like the idea of having a game with different groups of the fraternities. Groups that can be Greeks, sports teams, band and chior students, and etc... And whoever is the loudest recieves some sort of prize or money towards their activities.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

A couple fo quick things:

I've attended a lot of Baylor basketball games over the past 4 years because my daughter was a cheerleader there until she graduated last May. The key is for the university to put the students CLOSE to the court. Students need to be close to the action!

http://www.baylor.edu/Lariat/news.ph...ry&story=16872

Today, Baylor --with an enrollment of only 14K-- has a student section behind (right under) each goal, which makes things particularly tough on visiting free throw shooters. Also, the students in these sections are typically dressed up in "zebra" stripped shirts --like referrees-- which is really funny.

HD

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

I've attended a lot of Baylor basketball games over the past 4 years because my daughter was a cheerleader there until she graduated last May. The key is for the university to put the students CLOSE to the court. Students need to be close to the action!

Today, Baylor --with an enrollment of only 14K-- has a student section behind (right under) each goal, which makes things particularly tough on visiting free throw shooters. Also, the students in these sections are typically dressed up in "zebra" stripped shirts --like referrees-- which is really funny.

HD
    i know! i went to the baylor/stanford womens game in waco last year and the fan support was amazing. and i loved how they had their students right under the goal wearing matching shirts

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

I know they need to sit down right by the court. You would think they would want to be right by the players, i mean they do it at the football games. Why should basketball be any different. And at basketball games your closer to the players, (and regal blues:icon_wink than football games. Doesnt make much since to me.

HD

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    I am going to meet with Eric Buskirk tomorrow about increasing student support/game experience for students. Any ideas you may have would be greatly appreciated
    1. As DFM suggested, please ask him to move the kids section...

-frees up seats for students

-kids don't need to be that close to the band.

2. As Dogswin suggested, try to get Malone or Rupp (or both) to attend some student meetings asking for their support. Nothing will stir the students up more than for them to feel needed.

3. Set a target game now. Really go all out for this one game like Hawaii was this year in football. Then keep working, but let it snowball from there.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    For selfish reasons I was thinking section 118 with Sooner and Skill...

Watch out now! We have both coached kids of all ages. We may start using our skills for evil if provoked.:icon_wink:

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Dwayne, section 107 is louder and more raucous than any other adult section. We can prove it tonight. They would not move the loudest section. We need to get Good Doggy there. Her whistle will penetrate your eardrums.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Dwayne, section 107 is louder and more raucous than any other adult section. We can prove it tonight. They would not move the loudest section. We need to get Good Doggy there. Her whistle will penetrate your eardrums.
    Ho-Do our section is more involved than any group other than the BOP - including the students....

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

T-Shirts that must be worn to get into the good seats, first come first served.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    T-Shirts that must be worn to get into the good seats, first come first served.
    I like the t-shirt ideal and it get you a seat and something from the snack stand. I would like to see section 115, 116A, 116, and 117 for the students so they can welcome the visiting team in a good way. I have a kid that played for me at the Jordan camp and he said they roam his dorm every game night, banging on doors to remind them of game time and to wear their shirts. They have contest for the students that wear their shirts or student that wear something on the line with the visiting team mascot.

Who job is this anyway Tech? I bet if you went to wal mart and asked for gifts they would give them to you. This kid said he won a set of tires at a game last year. Got to get someone thinking over there. A lot of great ideals right here on this thread.

Also we got to get the other fans to wear Tech gear to the game. Look at a Duke game or even a LSU game, what are they wearing? If a recruite come to the game, this is a good way for him to know who are Tech fans.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LATechBanjo View Post
    It's really not that many seats.

Add 112 and maybe 113 to the mix, and we'll talk.

I like your idea, LaTechBanjo. A lot!!

Get students close to the action: more fun, more pumped and "into" the game, more noise, could really develop into intimidation. Add this area for students, make a big splash with publicity, promos, giveaways and contests: BOOM!!! We could get something going like in football. It'd be a fantastic growth contributor to the whole men's program.

Varsity Bulldog redman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really nice

HD
    +1
    Get the students as close to the court as possible!
    This gets the students more into the game.
    It allows them to be heard by our team, and allows the the opposing team to hear the heckling.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    +1
    It allows them to be heard by our team, and allows the the opposing team to hear the heckling.

We need to go back to having a section along the floor for the students who are willing to really get into the game. The ones who are meek and mild don't need to be in there.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by redman View Post
    +1
    +1 more

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

GET RID OF LEAH BEASLEY!!! Enough of the cheesy half-time 8-yr. olds making half court shots. Its boring.

Also, there should be people outside of the heavily trafficked buildings on campus (Wyly, GTM, Bogard, CAB, Student Center) and promote promote promote. Before I graduated in May, most of the time, the only way i knew there was a BB game going on was because i was in Hoop Troop. There are advertisements here and there for the game, but not nearly enough.

+ Reply to Thread