+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Student section ideas?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: Student section ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    GET RID OF LEAH BEASLEY!!! Enough of the cheesy half-time 8-yr. olds making half court shots. Its boring.

Also, there should be people outside of the heavily trafficked buildings on campus (Wyly, GTM, Bogard, CAB, Student Center) and promote promote promote. Before I graduated in May, most of the time, the only way i knew there was a BB game going on was because i was in Hoop Troop. There are advertisements here and there for the game, but not nearly enough.

You just jogged my memory, when I was at TECH Champ would 360 slam dunk off a mini-tramp. It was damn cool. We also had the Bud Light Daredevils slam dunk team and that was cool.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    You just jogged my memory, when I was at TECH Champ would 360 slam dunk off a mini-tramp. It was damn cool. We also had the Bud Light Daredevils slam dunk team and that was cool.
    Nothing like that ever happened during my 6-years at Tech. The only memorable half-time events was when the frisbee dogs came to perform (especially when one took a dump on the court.) The sumo wrestling was ok, but it got old...fast.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I'm surprised not a single person mentioned the woman pulling the little red wagon and reading the stories to children at half time?

Where is Theus when you need him?

Frisbee Dogs taking dump
    Daredevil Dunkers
    Tech Iron Dawgs
    Tech Choral/Chamber Singers
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ KDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really niceKDawg33 is just really nice

Jump Rope team is pretty cool also!

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I'm surprised not a single person mentioned the woman pulling the little red wagon and reading the stories to children at half time?
    Don't forget the tiara she was wearing on her cowboy hat as she read to us.

Also since it was a Christmas break game there were probably only about 500 of us in the gym.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04 View Post
    Don't forget the tiara she was wearing on her cowboy hat as she read to us.

Also since it was a Christmas break game there were probably only about 500 of us in the gym.
    JO at his best....

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Frisbee Dogs taking dump
    Daredevil Dunkers
    Tech Iron Dawgs
    I have tried to forget about that, the gay 300, and willy wonka.

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    I have tried to forget about that, the gay 300, and willy wonka.
    Atleast the 300 and willy wonka were good in theory...

Atleast there is no video evidence of the red wagon lady that I know of -

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

i know the Pack the house challenge for the womens game is a national deal, but...

why hasn't our administration pushed a MEN'S game like that?

And you cant wait till WAC play to do that. Push it now and get people interested in the product that you are putting out there.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Frisbee Dogs taking dump
    Daredevil Dunkers
    Tech Iron Dawgs

more random photoshop work...packed house, karl malone dunking on the ref, regal blues dancing, powerlifters lifting, cheerleaders sliding, dogs with frisbees, and everyone else watching our video boards!! thats entertainment!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    i know the Pack the house challenge for the womens game is a national deal, but...

why hasn't our administration pushed a MEN'S game like that?

And you cant wait till WAC play to do that. Push it now and get people interested in the product that you are putting out there.
    100% agree, they should without a doubt do it for the men. In fact we are going to talk about that on the show at some point.

BB&B is trying to set up a $500 cash give-a-way to some lucky student at the FRESNO GAME on the 14TH

We will keep ya'll informed on the details

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

How did the meeting go today, Justincad?

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BUZDAWG View Post
    How did the meeting go today, Justincad?
    meeting went well i thought. i am going to form a group of a few students that are into basketball and that group will be the voice of the students to the admin. the group will also get students excited about the teams, get them to the games, and get them sitting together and participating and having fun. one of the banks here in town (cant remember which one) is going to sponsor the student section and a sign for the section will be up sometime around the turn of the year. the bank will also provide shirts for the students to wear to the games and will provide things for the students in the future (thundersticks, face paint, etc.). i brought up the problem of non-students sitting in the student section and students sitting in the non-student section. they said that they will try to get the event staff to work on that. i voiced many of the ideas to them, but the big deal there is the lack of $$. i should be meeting with "the blue" (the people that paint up for football) sometime soon and trying to get them involved in this process. if any students on this board are interested in helping me out with this send me a pm.

at the game tonight i noticed that we probably had enough students to fill 80% of the current student section, but they were dispersed throughout the entire stadium. the students are there and the DAWGS are WINNING so the hard part is done. we just have to get organized and that process started today

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    meeting went well i thought. i am going to form a group of a few students that are into basketball and that group will be the voice of the students to the admin. the group will also get students excited about the teams, get them to the games, and get them sitting together and participating and having fun. one of the banks here in town (cant remember which one) is going to sponsor the student section and a sign for the section will be up sometime around the turn of the year. the bank will also provide shirts for the students to wear to the games and will provide things for the students in the future (thundersticks, face paint, etc.). i brought up the problem of non-students sitting in the student section and students sitting in the non-student section. they said that they will try to get the event staff to work on that. i voiced many of the ideas to them, but the big deal there is the lack of $$. i should be meeting with "the blue" (the people that paint up for football) sometime soon and trying to get them involved in this process. if any students on this board are interested in helping me out with this send me a pm.

at the game tonight i noticed that we probably had enough students to fill 80% of the current student section, but they were dispersed throughout the entire stadium. the students are there and the DAWGS are WINNING so the hard part is done. we just have to get organized and that process started today

Justin, you are officially THE MAN! Thanks for what you and others are doing to get this team the kind of support they deserve! Hopefully ya'll will get to sit courtside again and the RBs will be moved to the end.

+ Reply to Thread