+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech/Lsus/Lsuhsc merger

Varsity Bulldog tangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the ears

Tech/Lsus/Lsuhsc merger

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Re: Tech/Lsus/Lsuhsc merger

Me too, it makes sense economically and geographically to finally do this. Anyway, I like the idea of Tech having a medical school and another 4k students.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

The Med school would be a big step for Tech. We already have the PhD/MD stuff with them. That would be an instant boost for our status. LSUS would be a big boost to our enrollment.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

It could be beneficial. I would not be in favor of changing our name though...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

lsu won't let it happen, unless Tech goes under the lsu system. I LOVE the idea, but we need our best lawyers (including Dooley to make sure that we are not another "UAB trying to hire a coach" situation). We need autonomy. I like the way Dan played it in the article. He is staying quiet so not to ruffle feathers this time. We just have to be careful, but the idea could be a win/win for Tech, if played right.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    It could be beneficial. I would not be in favor of changing our name though...
    No name change for Tech would happen. Too many political forces would stop that and it would kill the deal, if they pushed for it. Tech is the main entitiy in this deal, so we would hold cards on the name.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I can see both some positives and some negatives as well. For instance what would this do to the Ruston campus?

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I can see both some positives and some negatives as well. For instance what would this do to the Ruston campus?
    My idea always had Tech-Shreveport and Tech-Monroe (ULM) as feeder schoosl to Ruston, MOSTLY offering 2 year associate degrees but also 4 year degrees in areas of need for a moderately-sized city: basically all of the CAB degrees.

Believe me, Ruston would still be the main campus and the middle of it all. The improvements that have been made and are being made are setting a good stage for that. I could see going back to one game in the I Stadium again each year. That is just good business and you have 4000 more students to draw from.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

I think I remember this being discussed a few years ago and that some NW legislators with Northwestern ties put the kibosh on it. That may be why The Dan is playing his cards very close to his chest this time.

My perfect world scenario would be that a new University system (the La Tech system) would be created that would encompass Tech-Ruston, LTU-S and LTU-HSC

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg View Post
    I think I remember this being discussed a few years ago and that some NW legislators with Northwestern ties put the kibosh on it. That may be why The Dan is playing his cards very close to his chest this time.
    He's playing them so close I'm not sure he doesn't have them hidden under his jowls.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Are there any examples of other universities pulling off something like this where the main campus has a satellite campus an hour away with 1/2 the enrollment of the main campus?

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Of course we wouldn't need a name change. UNO is under the LSU system.

This would be BIG for us. I just hope it wouldn't ruin the atmoshphere by stringing us out too far. Not to mention athletics......would LSUS still retain the pilots or be under our athletic umbrella?

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    Are there any examples of other universities pulling off something like this where the main campus has a satellite campus an hour away with 1/2 the enrollment of the main campus?
    I don't know about merger but Southern Miss has a gulf coast campus that I think has about half of the main campus's enrollment.

The Med-school isn't gonna merger with anybody. LSU wouldn't let it merge with Tech, and I don't see what an LSU-s LSUHSC merger does for Shreveport.

The best shot we have is an LSU-S Tech Merger.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Obviously there are enough students to fill both schools. Could be a good idea. I would honestly be shocked beyond belief if the powers that be in this state let this happen. They have to protect their flagship.

+ Reply to Thread