+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Who dat?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who dat?

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    I guess its because I grew going to Tech games and watching NFL games on TV.

The traditions, student sections, alumni pride, conferences, everything about college football is better, IMO.

The way I see it, in the NFL, if you perform, you're getting paid. In college, you're representing your school.
    I agree!

I am #1 a TECH fan!

#2 I am a Saints fan - always have been and always will be.

I enjoy college sports MUCH more, though.

Varsity Bulldog ajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really nice ajs008's Avatar

Why are we arguning about the NFL?
    Maybe because this is the PRO sports forum of BBB.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Why are we arguning about the NFL?

NFL sucks hard compared to college.
    Cause we got nothing else to argue about?

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Cause we got nothing else to argue about?
    Unfortunately you are correct. :icon_wink:

Basketball games tonight!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's fine. But don't call those of us in North Louisiana wannabe cajuns for being Saints fans. And then to say that those Saints fans from North Louisiana are "like" LSU fans is absurd. I ignored this thread for several days, but the wannabe thing along with the LSU association cocked my pistol. I'm proud of my Louisiana roots - from North Louisiana and South Louisiana and I'm proud to be a life long Saints fan.
    The point is, when folks living in north Louisiana started hosting Mardi Gras parties, that's when they become wannabees. That's just silly. Probably 95% of them have never even been to a real Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans. And you certainly can't deny the fact that north Louisiana is LOADED with LSU band-wagoners, particularly those who never attended college there. And those same "band-wagoners" will claim --just as you did-- that they are simply proud of their "Louisiana roots".

Likewise, I'm very proud of my Louisiana roots. But I'm also very proud to be Cowboys fan. My entire family has been Cowboys fans since 1965, when Don Meridith and the Cowboys first lost the NFL championship game to Green Bay. The game ended when the Cowboys' final drive petered out at the GB 5-yd line as time expired. (This was one year BEFORE the Saints became an NFL franchise.) The next year (1966), I watched the Cowboys lose the famous "Ice Bowl" game in negative 13 degree weather. (Damn that Jerry Kramer! )

So, no one can accuse us of being "band-wagoners" who jumped on just because the times were good.

The Dallas Cowboys are a proud franchise that has a long history of huge success and high achievement. When the Packers were winning NFL titles in the 60's, the Cowboys were their chief nemesis for most of those years. When the Steelers won 4 Super bowls in the 70's, the Cowboys -with 2 SB wins and 3 SB losses of their own-- were the "other" team of the decade. When the 49'ers reigned in the '80's, the Cowboys were their chief competitor. And of course, the Cowboys' 3 Super Bowl wins in 4 years during the 90's speaks for itself.

Fact is, the Cowboys have repeatedly reached the pinnacle of success and have become the envy of all sports franchises, both in terms of financial net worth and in franchise reputation. That's why they have earned the title of "America's Team". And I'm proud to say that I've been there through every bit of it since 1965.

HD

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The point is, when folks living in north Louisiana started hosting Mardi Gras parties, that's when they become wannabees. That's just silly. Probably 95% of them have never even been to a real Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans. And you certainly can't deny the fact that north Louisiana is LOADED with LSU band-wagoners, particularly those who never attended college there. And those same "band-wagoners" will claim --just as you did-- that they are simply proud of their "Louisiana roots".

Likewise, I'm very proud of my Louisiana roots. But I'm also very proud to be Cowboys fan. My entire family has been Cowboys fans since 1965, when Don Meridith and the Cowboys first lost the NFL championship game to Green Bay. The game ended when the Cowboys' final drive petered out at the GB 5-yd line as time expired. (This was one year BEFORE the Saints became an NFL franchise.) The next year (1966), I watched the Cowboys lose the famous "Ice Bowl" game in negative 13 degree weather.

So, no one can accuse us of being "band-wagoners" who jumped on just because the times were good.

The Dallas Cowboys are a proud franchise that has a long history of huge success and high achievement. When the Packers were winning NFL titles in the 60's, the Cowboys were their chief nemesis for most of those years. When the Steelers won 4 Super bowls in the 70's, the Cowboys -with 2 SB wins and 3 SB losses of their own-- were the "other" team of the decade. When the 49'ers reigned in the '80's, the Cowboys were their chief competitor. And of course, the Cowboys' 3 Super Bowl wins in 4 years during the 90's speaks for itself.

Fact is, the Cowboys have repeatedly reached the pinnacle of success and have become the envy of all sports franchises, both in terms of financial net worth and in franchise reputation. That's why they have earned the title of "America's Team". And I'm proud to say that I've been there through every bit of it since 1965.

HD
    I was hoping this thread was dead.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I was hoping this thread was dead.
    Sorry. I couldn't let it go...

But you know I love ya, even if you are a Saints fan! :icon_wink:

HD

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

HD
    Yes we can and you are. Case closed.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2196242_be-bandwagon-fan.html

http://www.wikihow.com/Identify-a-Bandwagon-Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

You're silly.

HD

Sorry. I couldn't let it go...

But you know I love ya, even if you are a Saints fan! :icon_wink:

HD
    Back at you, Cowboy!

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I could say the same for the Saints and my family. My folks are from New Orleans and started going at the FIRST Saints game ever out at Tulane Stadium. I was brought up going to the games, then moved all over the place and eventually spent my prime growing-up years in North Louisiana, hence my territorial attachment to Tech over LSUcks. However, I will be a Saints fan until I die, even if they never win another playoff game. My offspring will be raised as Saints fans as well.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Likewise, I'm very proud of my Louisiana roots. But I'm also very proud to be Cowboys fan. My entire family has been Cowboys fans since 1965, when Don Meridith and the Cowboys first lost the NFL championship game to Green Bay. The game ended when the Cowboys' final drive petered out at the GB 5-yd line as time expired. (This was one year BEFORE the Saints became an NFL franchise.) The next year (1966), I watched the Cowboys lose the famous "Ice Bowl" game in negative 13 degree weather. (Damn that Jerry Kramer! )

HD
    That's exactly the same time that I can remember becoming a Cowboys fan. The earliest football game I can remember watching on TV is that championship loss to GB in Dallas -- though it was '66, not '65.

+ Reply to Thread