+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jumbotron

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Jumbotron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...llege_football

Tech's jumbotron is the 27th largest in FBS football at 1,125 sq ft.

Tech has the largest video board of all non-AQ schools... the only non-AQ scoreboard larger than 1,000 sq ft.

1. LA Tech
    2. Army
    3. Akron
    4. Hawaii
    5. Kent St.
    6. WKU
    7. TCU
    8. Marshall

Thank you Dooley and Community Trust!

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Re: Jumbotron

Pretty impressive. Did not know we ranked that high.

Bulldog VolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around here

I don't even have to look at the list to know it's a dang sight bigger than South Carolina's. By far the worst in the SEC.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...llege_football

Tech's jumbotron is the 27th largest in FBS football at 1,125 sq ft.

Tech has the largest video board of all non-AQ schools... the only non-AQ scoreboard larger than 1,000 sq ft.

1. LA Tech
    2. Army
    3. Akron
    4. Hawaii
    5. Kent St.
    6. WKU
    7. TCU
    8. Marshall

Thank you Dooley and Community Trust!
    Actually the wiki page is not up-to-date...

NonAQ
    1. HD 55x31.6 1,738 Tulsa
    2. HD 58x21 1,218 USM
    3. HD 45x25 1,125 LA Tech

Division II
    NonHD 68x23 1564 Pittsburg State

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Actually the wiki page is not up-to-date...

NonAQ
    1. HD 55x31.6 1,738 Tulsa
    2. HD 58x21 1,218 USM
    3. HD 45x25 1,125 LA Tech

Division II
    NonHD 68x23 1564 Pittsburg State
    It has Pittsburgh State but I just kinda ignored them. I was surprised when I saw that list because I didn't think we had the largest.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It has Pittsburgh State but I just kinda ignored them. I was surprised when I saw that list because I didn't think we had the largest.
    Are we sure they don't play in 3 Rivers like the University of Pitt or is this the Pittsburgh State in Kansas, in which case do they play in Arrowhead?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    Are we sure they don't play in 3 Rivers like the University of Pitt or is this the Pittsburgh State in Kansas, in which case do they play in Arrowhead?
    It's Pittsburg (without the "h")

Pittsburg, KS. Big screen but it's not HD. I like how they split the screen to show the stats. I hope we can get a stat video board for the south endzone expansion.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

That is a beast. If you are the Gorillas, you kinda have to do it big I guess. They must call it the Gorillatron.

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Pittsburg State University is located in the southeastern corner of Kansas. A long way from 3 Rivers and Arrowhead. My uncle, Dr. Horace Hays, was once the head of the Zoology department. He was born and raised in Hutton, La. in the Kisatchie National Forest not far from Kisatchie and Natchitoches. The Gorillas have a very good football tradition and have been national champs of Div. 11 football before. They call the Jumbotron the "Rillatron".

Varsity Bulldog bigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nicebigdawg04 is just really nice

Pitt st. was in our confrence when I was playing ball in Missouri. I got to play there, and it was a very nice complex. they had field turn before we did here at tech. they are a very good D-II school always in the to 15 or so. that is a tough con. to play in. NW Missouri State is in there with them, and they have gone to the national championship 5 years running. They won this year. The visitor locker room is like 1/2 mile away at the bottom of a hill. I remember being wore out by the time we made it to the stadium for warm ups. We just stayed in the end zone for half time. but a very nice complaex with some awful fans. prob as bad as frenso and lsu fans.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I'm wearing a Pitt State shirt right now!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

The Gorillas are an awesome football program. Great winning tradition there.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

While USM's board looks big, our video SCREEN (the picture) appears to be bigger than USM's. Maybe it's just an illusion.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    While USM's board looks big, our video SCREEN (the picture) appears to be bigger than USM's. Maybe it's just an illusion.

HD
    And the viewable area on our video board is larger than LSU's viewable area. Their ads take up so much of their screen.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    HD
    Our board was everything advertised and more.

It added SO MUCH to this year' game day experience. Thank you La Tech Sports Properties, i.e. Learfield Sports, for making our vision become real.

Several improvements in the operation can/will be made.

I wouldn't trade ours for any others . . . . but I would love to have one in the TAC asap.:icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread