+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of the Bulldog

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

Man, some of you guys are butchering this great poem that sounds really nice. Just relax. It sounds great!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Man, some of you guys are butchering this great poem that sounds really nice. Just relax. It sounds great!
    No I will not relax. This should be one of Tech's sacred stories, protected and preserved. NOT slowly twisted and changed by every new set of OSL's that come through. One day I'll come to Tech with my kids and hear an OSL telling the tale of how in 1899 the first bulldog saved everyone from the fire in Old Main (Jan. 7th 1936) and is now buried beneath the State-T in the middle of Joe Aillet!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    No I will not relax. This should be one of Tech's sacred stories, protected and preserved. NOT slowly twisted and changed by every new set of OSL's that come through. One day I'll come to Tech with my kids and hear an OSL telling the tale of how in 1899 the first bulldog saved everyone from the fire in Old Main (Jan. 7th 1936) and is now buried beneath the State-T in the middle of Joe Aillet!
    HEY! That sounds good! Under the Bronz Bulldog that the players touch running out would be even cooler.

Big Dog B.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I agree. Pick a spot and leave it, whether its the actual spot or not and whether the story is true or not, it makes it less of a tradition when it gets changed all the time

“Many of you criticize what you cannot understand, too often you’re too quick to scorn the records of a man who made young men believe their sweat was not in vain and that rising to the top required sacrifice and pain and that no one could take away what was not given. He kept them focused on the prize and demanded they stay driven.......time has passed, some words forgotten, but his wisdom will always echo in our ears and our hearts, down to our very marrow”

Big Dog B.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

HEY! That sounds good! Under the Bronz Bulldog that the players touch running out would be even cooler.
    Until they revamp in a couple of years for the supposed south endzone project and it starts all over again

“Many of you criticize what you cannot understand, too often you’re too quick to scorn the records of a man who made young men believe their sweat was not in vain and that rising to the top required sacrifice and pain and that no one could take away what was not given. He kept them focused on the prize and demanded they stay driven.......time has passed, some words forgotten, but his wisdom will always echo in our ears and our hearts, down to our very marrow”

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Watch it...

Watch it...
    This would make an interesting thread to print out and send to admissions. All the stories the OSL keep telling makes it sound more like a Stephen King movie because the dog keeps coming back and getting buried all over campus.

Quote Originally Posted by B.R.Bulldog View Post
    This would make an interesting thread to print out and send to admissions. All the stories the OSL keep telling makes it sound more like a Stephen King movie because the dog keeps coming back and getting buried all over campus.
    Now, I have NEVER liked your posts (detested most of them), but you finally posted something funny. :icon_wink:

Watch it...
    Actually, we could say the Bulldog is actually inside the bronze Bulldog.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

The bulldog was buried underneath Dawgzilla.

Champ littleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the roughlittleshoe is a jewel in the rough

No it's not. It was there this year. It's been moved under the intramural center. Wight under the second bowling alley.

Varsity Bulldog osl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time osl530's Avatar

don't be so condescending. it's a legend it's going to be twisted. chill out man. unless i'm mistaken the Old Main didn't have a bell either and i doubt the boarding house was in a cotton field, and who's to say a preacher didn't come and talk to them that day? and the five guys used to be unknown but i gave them names to make it more real. they are names of pasts presidents. and the Stubbs are the family that donated the plot of land that Tech is built on. did they stay in their house....i doubt it. but it sounds good in the poem and i think it enhances the legend. it's a way to tell Tech history to a campus that's about 90% in the dark about this legend. mainly because they missed that day of orientation because they were too drunk from the frat party the night before. i mean good lord you're like the kid in grammar school that tells the little kids that santa isn't real. don't be a dbag and don't degrade the OSL position because we're some of the most passionate students at Tech and it's through us and basically only us that our traditions are passed down because fans like you don't like to own up to the traditions they don't like.
    Last edited by osl530; 12-22-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by osl530 View Post
    don't be so condescending. it's a legend it's going to be twisted. chill out man. unless i'm mistaken the Old Main didn't have a bell either and i doubt the boarding house was in a cotton field, and who's to say a preacher didn't come and talk to them that day? but it sounds good in the poem and i think it enhances the legend. i mean good lord you're like the kid in grammar school that tells the little kids that santa isn't real.
    Twisted is an understatement Champion110's clients have less problems than the Bulldog Story. I know bad example but you get where we're coming. The legend has changed 4 or five times since we've graduated and we haven't been gone that long

don't be so condescending. it's a legend it's going to be twisted. chill out man. unless i'm mistaken the Old Main didn't have a bell either and i doubt the boarding house was in a cotton field, and who's to say a preacher didn't come and talk to them that day? but it sounds good in the poem and i think it enhances the legend. i mean good lord you're like the kid in grammar school that tells the little kids that santa isn't real.

Hey I have no problem with the additions that can't be confirmed or denied (old main bell, boarding house location, preacher, playing football in the quad) their's alot of embellishment that can go on but lets get a few areas of the story in concrete so that no matter what is added those elements stay the same and are based on a true event. Check out Tech's First Year Experience website for what I think is the best base story http://www.latech.edu/fye/legend.shtml The main story is less than 400 words; I can get it down to 15 points that should remain the same no matter what,
    1. 5 Tech Students
    2. Fall of 1899
    3. Heading home from class
    4. Find bulldog under tree on edge of campus
    5. Bulldog follows them home
    6. Sleeps overnight
    7. Fire breaks out
    8. Bulldog goes room to room tugging sheets to wake up everyone
    9. Everyone escapes except one student
    10. Bulldog goes back into burning house
    11. Last student comes out
    12. Bulldog never exits house
    13. Found dead next day
    14. Buried in red & blue jackets under tree where they first met
    15. Tree location UNKNOWN
    Add all the detail's you want, heck make it Halloween and they're dressed up like characters from the Wizard of Oz (which I guess wouldn't work since it was written in 1900 ), but don't violate those main points and I think everyone will be happy. Sorry if I rained on your parade...

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

don't be so condescending. it's a legend it's going to be twisted. chill out man. unless i'm mistaken the Old Main didn't have a bell either and i doubt the boarding house was in a cotton field, and who's to say a preacher didn't come and talk to them that day? and the five guys used to be unknown but i gave them names to make it more real. they are names of pasts presidents. and the Stubbs are the family that donated the plot of land that Tech is built on. did they stay in their house....i doubt it. but it sounds good in the poem and i think it enhances the legend. it's a way to tell Tech history to a campus that's about 90% in the dark about this legend. mainly because they missed that day of orientation because they were too drunk from the frat party the night before. i mean good lord you're like the kid in grammar school that tells the little kids that santa isn't real. don't be a dbag and don't degrade the OSL position because we're some of the most passionate students at Tech and it's through us and basically only us that our traditions are passed down because fans like you don't like to own up to the traditions they don't like.
    so you're going to educate that "90%" by telling them lies?
    Yep, real smart there.

And then degrade them by saying they're all drunken idiots?

Batting a .1000 here.

+ Reply to Thread