+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 99

Thread: The Legend of the Bulldog

  1. #76
    Varsity Bulldog osl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time osl530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ruston, louisiana
    Posts
    263

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by B.R.Bulldog View Post
    Jenkins-McFarland. Its the two dorms to your left when you pill in the HUT parking lot. Crazy place, when I was living there we had a water balloon and Oreo war there (ever been nailed with a chocolate Oreo). Quinnelly was staying there after his divorce and slept through the whole thing. Cops finally came to break it up and had to wake his lame butt up
    i think that's been converted into art studios

  2. #77
    Big Dog B.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    770

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    I almost got kicked out of Tech for running across the roof of the entrance section between J & M.
    Aww, the memories. I still remember when the Deke pledges that were staying on my floor sprayed the first floor of of Jenkins down with shampoo and took a toboggan and were belly whooping down the hallway. One of them suckered me into it and I couldn't stop and went flying off the steps into the lobby right when the Hall Director and one of the RAs came out of the J-Mac apartment, I knocked the HD over on top of me and we careemed together across the lobby and down into McFarland. RA and the HDs wife were laughing so hard they left us lay there in misery for like 5 minutes



    “Many of you criticize what you cannot understand, too often you’re too quick to scorn the records of a man who made young men believe their sweat was not in vain and that rising to the top required sacrifice and pain and that no one could take away what was not given. He kept them focused on the prize and demanded they stay driven.......time has passed, some words forgotten, but his wisdom will always echo in our ears and our hearts, down to our very marrow”





  3. #78
    Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    EPIC-ville, Tejas
    Posts
    9,235

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by B.R.Bulldog View Post
    Aww, the memories. I still remember when the Deke pledges that were staying on my floor sprayed the first floor of of Jenkins down with shampoo and took a toboggan and were belly whooping down the hallway. One of them suckered me into it and I couldn't stop and went flying off the steps into the lobby right when the Hall Director and one of the RAs came out of the J-Mac apartment, I knocked the HD over on top of me and we careemed together across the lobby and down into McFarland. RA and the HDs wife were laughing so hard they left us lay there in misery for like 5 minutes
    we did the soap/hallway thing too. Still can't figure out how that was okay but merely running across a rooftop was so bad...
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

    Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

  4. #79
    Big Dog B.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    770

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    we did the soap/hallway thing too. Still can't figure out how that was okay but merely running across a rooftop was so bad...
    You were outside were people could see you. You could have streaked naked through the inside of J-MAC and no-one would have said a thing.



    “Many of you criticize what you cannot understand, too often you’re too quick to scorn the records of a man who made young men believe their sweat was not in vain and that rising to the top required sacrifice and pain and that no one could take away what was not given. He kept them focused on the prize and demanded they stay driven.......time has passed, some words forgotten, but his wisdom will always echo in our ears and our hearts, down to our very marrow”





  5. #80
    Varsity Bulldog osl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time osl530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ruston, louisiana
    Posts
    263

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by B.R.Bulldog View Post
    You were outside were people could see you. You could have streaked naked through the inside of J-MAC and no-one would have said a thing.
    yea nothin like that happened in Neilson. we had a homeless man that would sneak in at night and grab at guys underneath the shower stalls. that never happened to me btw.

  6. #81
    Big Dog B.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    770

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by osl530 View Post
    yea nothin like that happened in Neilson. we had a homeless man that would sneak in at night and grab at guys underneath the shower stalls. that never happened to me btw.
    Wow they put in stalls. They didn't have those when I was there. No doors in the toliet area either, nothing like taking a dump having someone walk by and look at you



    “Many of you criticize what you cannot understand, too often you’re too quick to scorn the records of a man who made young men believe their sweat was not in vain and that rising to the top required sacrifice and pain and that no one could take away what was not given. He kept them focused on the prize and demanded they stay driven.......time has passed, some words forgotten, but his wisdom will always echo in our ears and our hearts, down to our very marrow”





  7. #82
    Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    20,057

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by osl530 View Post
    i think that's been converted into art studios
    No, its Storage for B&G. You're thinking of Richardson.

  8. #83
    Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,477

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    No, its Storage for B&G. You're thinking of Richardson.
    yeah. this is right. Tech Maintenance is headquartered down there, now.

  9. #84
    Big Dog B.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    770

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    yeah. this is right. Tech Maintenance is headquartered down there, now.
    Kind of suiting considering they were there all the time anyways fixing stuff we kept tearing up and cleaning up our "extra-curricular" activity. Any of you old enough to remember the sling shot we used to fire water balloons from the top floor of McFarland at the front porch of The Hut, was hilarious, some athlete would come out of Hut and they'd be open game. Football players were the best they went and got their own balloons and layed siege to J-Mac.



    “Many of you criticize what you cannot understand, too often you’re too quick to scorn the records of a man who made young men believe their sweat was not in vain and that rising to the top required sacrifice and pain and that no one could take away what was not given. He kept them focused on the prize and demanded they stay driven.......time has passed, some words forgotten, but his wisdom will always echo in our ears and our hearts, down to our very marrow”





  10. #85
    Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    26,823

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    I was a student recruiter and would tell the legend ending with the bulldog being buried beneath the seal. On one tour, the mother asked, "How could that be? This was a road when I was here." I had to respond by saying that the dog was buried in that spot before the road was built... I felt so stupid and never told the story again.

  11. #86
    Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    4,350

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    I went to Tech between fall of '65 and spring of '69 and never heard the legend. So the legend may sound old but for years it wasn't told.

    By the way, there was an old women's dorm where Harper is with the same name back in 1962. Also anyone still call the student center the "tonk"? In 65 the quad had more buildings on it. There were two buildings across from Keeney where the bookstore is and one, Lomax Hall, (the roof collapsed in a rain storm) where the library tower is now. I don't believe the two buildings across from Keeney had names. If anyone remembers maybe they post.

    Who remembers the old Quonset barracks building which was used as a men's dorm? It was right beside the water tower (which they tore down this summer). The stadium was right there, too.

    The only traditions I remember were the bonfire for state fair and homecoming. We had the demon in a casket and burned it. The bon fire was held over near where the soft ball field/soccer fields are or maybe where JAS is. In that general area.

    I know it's been discussed in other threads but another good rivalry could add some traditions.

  12. #87
    Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    EPIC-ville, Tejas
    Posts
    9,235

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    IBy the way, there was an old women's dorm where Harper is with the same name back in 1962.
    There was a dorm just for old women?
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

    Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

  13. #88
    Varsity Bulldog osl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time osl530's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ruston, louisiana
    Posts
    263

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I went to Tech between fall of '65 and spring of '69 and never heard the legend. So the legend may sound old but for years it wasn't told.

    By the way, there was an old women's dorm where Harper is with the same name back in 1962. Also anyone still call the student center the "tonk"? In 65 the quad had more buildings on it. There were two buildings across from Keeney where the bookstore is and one, Lomax Hall, (the roof collapsed in a rain storm) where the library tower is now. I don't believe the two buildings across from Keeney had names. If anyone remembers maybe they post.

    Who remembers the old Quonset barracks building which was used as a men's dorm? It was right beside the water tower (which they tore down this summer). The stadium was right there, too.

    The only traditions I remember were the bonfire for state fair and homecoming. We had the demon in a casket and burned it. The bon fire was held over near where the soft ball field/soccer fields are or maybe where JAS is. In that general area.

    I know it's been discussed in other threads but another good rivalry could add some traditions.
    i remember looking through an old yearbook and one of those buildings across from keeney was simply called the english building. and are you talking abot the old Harper dorm that looked like a big house?

  14. #89
    Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Missouri City, TX
    Posts
    4,350

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    Quote Originally Posted by osl530 View Post
    i remember looking through an old yearbook and one of those buildings across from keeney was simply called the english building. and are you talking abot the old Harper dorm that looked like a big house?
    That's the only name I remember, too. If I recall they used one of them for AFROTC before they tore it down. And the dorm for old women was built like a house. I saw it in an old 1962 year book.

  15. #90
    Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute detltu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    5,491

    Re: The Legend of the Bulldog

    I think we called it the Tonk when I was there.
    2017 LTAC Champion donor (110%)
    2017 Football Season ticket holder X3

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts