+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Columns in South End Zone

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Columns in South End Zone

Whatever happened to the plans for the columns in the south end zone with the flames?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Columns in South End Zone

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    Whatever happened to the plans for the columns in the south end zone with the flames?
    Are you talking about the ones that were to be around the Jumbotron in the North Endzone? If so, they were cut from the final design.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Are you talking about the ones that were to be around the Jumbotron in the North Endzone? If so, they were cut from the final design.
    I think he is referring to those that were going along with the walk and the Bulldog legend story. We had a thread or two devoted to the topic, and we even posted pictures of the torches that were being designed to carry the fire I thought.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Probably got nixed due to the south endzone project.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Other plans.http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/attac...5&d=1247755221

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

The idea wasn't going to take up much space was it? I also liked the fact that we were using a Tech story and making it into a Tech tradition.

Weren't the columns going to line the the walkway down the hill?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I remember............ Don't know what happened to that, but I bet those posts above are correct - the South Endzone project was drawn up and the other nixed for now.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I'm sure this has been answered before, but when's this supposed to get started?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    I'm sure this has been answered before, but when's this supposed to get started?
    Unknown.

Actually, not too long ago we partnered up with Populous. They'll be doing the conceptual designs for our athletic facilities.
    Populous - Collegiate Portfolio (pics)
    http://portfolio.populous.com/projec...ate/index.html
    Not sure if that leaked drawing of the endzone expansion will be what we are gonna build...still waiting for Populous and see what they propose.

Latechsports.com - see article (oct 20, 2009)
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...102009aaa.html
    Last edited by qng001; 12-23-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

They were put up then some fraternity stole them for their anual Hawaiin party
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

There was a graduate architecture student on here that said he was going to sit in on the meeting with populus. He should be able to let us know when they have the meeting. I remember Dooley saying he was planning on having something to look at in 5-6 weeks. I believe he made that statement in October.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Unknown.

Actually, not too long ago we partnered up with Populous. They'll be doing the conceptual designs for our athletic facilities.
    Populous - Collegiate Portfolio (pics)
    http://portfolio.populous.com/projec...ate/index.html
    Not sure if that leaked drawing of the endzone expansion will be what we are gonna build...still waiting for Populous and see what they propose.

Latechsports.com - see article (oct 20, 2009)
    http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m...102009aaa.html

That's what I was afraid of. I'll be graduating in the spring, and I hoped to at least see a groundbreaking.

Oh well, it's still pretty exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    That's what I was afraid of. I'll be graduating in the spring, and I hoped to at least see a groundbreaking.

Oh well, it's still pretty exciting!
    Believe me, it gets even more exciting as Alumni. Hope you continue your support of the Dawgs and make every game you can! It will be exciting to see our new additions to the stadium over the next few years.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    They were put up then some fraternity stole them for their anual Hawaiin party

Hey. Way to go guys. I was a Sig back in the 60's when we started the Hawaiian Party. We started with a little bridge over a little pond in the back.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

Haha Im a Sig currently and I have no knowledge of us taking those for our party

+ Reply to Thread