+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: 12/29 HOUSTON game

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: 12/29 HOUSTON game

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....and when we missed, we killed 'em on the boards. I only saw the 2nd half, but it appeared that we got a lot of easy "put backs" for high percentage shots.

HD
    Yep, we were just taller (Magnum) and tougher (Olu) than them down low. Those two had monster games along with Kyle of course. We just need to work on full court pressure and how to handle it. We did well against it in the first half (it was more of a lax pressure). When UH started pressing us hard at the end of the game, we struggled. Granted, a team could not press like that all game without rolling a ton of people in, but we will face it when we are up at the end of games from time to time, and we need to be able to beat it. We turned the ball over 3 or 4 straight times at tone point.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

....and when we missed, we killed 'em on the boards. I only saw the 2nd half, but it appeared that we got a lot of easy "put backs" for high percentage shots.

HD
    This is the main reason that I really like DeAndre Brown. He can get the ball to the rim where good things are usually going to happen.

Lay-ups, dump-off passes, kick-outs to a 3 point shooter or put backs off of a miss all flow from getting the ball around the rim.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Now you're starting to scare us....

HD
    I've got it in for that guy. I know for a fact he's "been" with my wife. That good looking, sculpted, brilliant SOB that he is, whoever he is....
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Great road win for the Dawgs!!! Just got back to Pineville from Houston where the drive back was 100% rain.

Finished reading all the game post here and noticed the "Brad Pitt look-alike" wonderings??? I wasn't aware that I was caught on film....

Got to visit with some Tech alumni from Houston watching the team for the first time. Tech athletics is making a good impression with the remote fan base so let's keep the momentum going. Even the valet at the Downtown Courtyard could talk Tech football and MBB and WBB better than many in the Ruston area...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Tech athletics is making a good impression with the remote fan base so let's keep the momentum going. Even the valet at the Downtown Courtyard could talk Tech football and MBB and WBB better than many in the Ruston area...
    I've always said that LA Tech is more well perceived OUTSIDE the state of Louisiana than it is within Louisiana. I think that's because so many "old timer" Louisianians still associate us with the old Southland conference schools; they still don't see the difference between a world class university like Tech, and a Northwestern State or ULM.

Hopefully Dr Reneau and Derek Dooley are succeeding at raising the awareness of LA Tech's profile in Louisiana.

HD

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    sure it does, but so does getting steals and forcing turnovers, which is the purpose of going with a small lineup.
    Most go with a small lineup bc they have no choice. Even a small lineup should be encouraged to crash the boards and block someone out. Sounds like that coach was making an excuse. Rebounding is a very significant statistic in basketball. Whats the point in playing good defense and forcing a tough shot, only to let them rebound the miss and maintain possession (or get an easy putback). I don't care what that coach says, rebounding is important. I'm sure they have won some games despite being outrebounded, but when you are -25 rebounding, you usually aren't going to win.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I've always said that LA Tech is more well perceived OUTSIDE the state of Louisiana than it is within Louisiana. I think that's because so many "old timer" Louisianians still associate us with the old Southland conference schools; they still don't see the difference between a world class university like Tech, and a Northwestern State or ULM.

Hopefully Dr Reneau and Derek Dooley are succeeding at raising the awareness of LA Tech's profile in Louisiana.

HD
    I'll second this.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

411 posts and no one has mentioned the nice job Guyton did guarding Coleman. Held the nation's leading scorer under his average while getting 15 for himself (only minus 4) and playing 37 minutes. Fantastic job Mel.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    411 posts and no one has mentioned the nice job Guyton did guarding Coleman. Held the nation's leading scorer under his average while getting 15 for himself (only minus 4) and playing 37 minutes. Fantastic job Mel.
    Excellent point!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    Who are you calling "older"? DFIH resents this comment, I'm sure of it.
    Hey, I know I am old!!! I just am glad I am still here and not room temperature! :icon_wink:

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    Most go with a small lineup bc they have no choice. Even a small lineup should be encouraged to crash the boards and block someone out. Sounds like that coach was making an excuse. Rebounding is a very significant statistic in basketball. Whats the point in playing good defense and forcing a tough shot, only to let them rebound the miss and maintain possession (or get an easy putback). I don't care what that coach says, rebounding is important. I'm sure they have won some games despite being outrebounded, but when you are -25 rebounding, you usually aren't going to win.
    i don't think he's saying rebounding isn't important -- he's just saying there are other ways to get the ball. if you go with a small lineup most of the game, like he did, your rebounding is going to suffer, but you hope to make up for it by forcing turnovers and taking care of the ball.

and of course he had a choice. he could have gone with a bigger lineup and gotten more rebounds, but he would have lost by 20 or 30 because his best players would not have been on the court.

Varsity Bulldog jaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nicejaguars2471 is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    From the team:
    They loved all the support
    Our crowd has been great on the road
    Some of the players have said better then at home
    The crowd has really been into it

Folks, let's take this as a challenge. Our alumni and fellow fans making it to the away games are outdoing us in Ruston. That is sad. Get to the TAC and see your Dawgs play.

I had a great time and was loud and met Jaguars from the Bahamas who drove in from Ft. Lauderdale and drove back after the game (and is still driving).

The "GO DAWGS!" sign was made by baw011 and was being held by none other than this big fella.
    Couple of observations:
    Older tech fans follow the simple "defense" chant very well, "let's go bulldogs", and "how 'bout them dawgs". We should take note in the TAC and use these, A LOT!
    Also, contrary to popular belief there is never a bad time for "how 'bout them dawgs" (unless losing or just doing something boneheaded).
    hey jford glad to meet you it was a great game and we have to take a boat over to freeport bahamas tommorow, we are still in ft.lauderdale and we just have to keep j brown in control u know i was on him all night, but he is a nice kid i spoke with him after the game and he said he did not take it personal and he was going to work on looking to set up his team mates first, score second. second we have to get bench production, last was it me or did it seem at the last 3min that none of our guards seem to want the responsibility of the ball or point i should say, but rather someone else give them the ball and score,which contribute to some turnovers when they pressed us.

+ Reply to Thread