+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/29 SFA game

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

12/29 SFA game

Lady Techsters Basketball
    Day: Tuesday
    Date: Dec. 29, 2009
    Event: UTSA/New Year's Classic
    Time: 5:00 p.m. CT

Head Coach: Teresa Weatherspoon
    Roster: Click Here

Opponent Info:

Stephen F. Austin (5-3)
    Mascot: Lady Jacks
    Conference: Southland
    Head Coach: Lee Ann Riley
    Roster: Click Here
    Schedule: Click Here

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 12/29 SFA game

Martina H. gets her homecoming against SFA. She was their PG her freshman year - when they beat us. I went to that game and she was a true floor general and tough as nails. She showed that side of herself with the Techsters against Memphis.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Martina H. gets her homecoming against SFA. She was their PG her freshman year - when they beat us. I went to that game and she was a true floor general and tough as nails. She showed that side of herself with the Techsters against Memphis.
    ---
    SFA had losses to Michigan, Tulane, and Texas A and M and some W's were close and others blow outs!
    It seems in size they match us equaly, but hard to tell how good they are.
    Sure hope I can figure out a way to catch the game here!

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Don't see any way to watch the SFA game, but the second game against UTSA can be watched through their video streaming service. Same routine, sign up for the monthly package and then cancel after the game.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

You know a lot and I love it. I hope we chalk up this win vs SFA. I remember when SFA was a mid major factor back in the day and made the NCAA tournament.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    You know a lot and I love it. I hope we chalk up this win vs SFA. I remember when SFA was a mid major factor back in the day and made the NCAA tournament.
    Yeah, SFA was a pretty decent force back in the late 70's and 80's. They were a top 10 team and a pretty consistent top 25 team. Made some good runs in the tourny. Nothing close to Techster success, but by most measures a very good team. They fell and had some rough years. Now they are a good mid level program with a good chance of making the NCAA's each year, but usually an early out.

They were completely routed in their losses - against good teams. I think they are decent this year, but we SHOULD beat them. I think Martina will give it all she's got. I am sure she has some friends on that team still.

When we lost at SFA, I remember being extremely impressed with her and she was a freshman at the time. Good passing and sharp moves. She has put on a little weight since then, but it is muscle.

They match up with us in size, but they don't have Dowdell and Johnson type athleticism in the post. If we can beat their guards (keep our turn overs low - ulike our last game), we should be able to get it inside. SFA is athletic and fast in the guard positions. They will full court us some, but not as much as Memphis did. I don't think they can keep up with the pace.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

I thought the tall gals on the team would be the post players, it seems that their post will be manned by a 5'10" and a 5'11" players.
    We should have a nice size advantage and they would have to be pretty talented to match up with Johnson and Dowdell!
    Go Techsters!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    I thought the tall gals on the team would be the post players, it seems that their post will be manned by a 5'10" and a 5'11" players.
    We should have a nice size advantage and they would have to be pretty talented to match up with Johnson and Dowdell!
    Go Techsters!
    I am totally shocked about their size deficit. I think they must have had someone cut. I could have sworn that they had a couple of 6 foot and overs. We had better get control of our turnovers, because that is the only way they will have a chance. They will have to guard the ball from even getting inside. Once inside, they won't be able to stop us.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Yeah, SFA was a pretty decent force back in the late 70's and 80's. They were a top 10 team and a pretty consistent top 25 team. Made some good runs in the tourny. Nothing close to Techster success, but by most measures a very good team. They fell and had some rough years. Now they are a good mid level program with a good chance of making the NCAA's each year, but usually an early out.

They were completely routed in their losses - against good teams. I think they are decent this year, but we SHOULD beat them. I think Martina will give it all she's got. I am sure she has some friends on that team still.

When we lost at SFA, I remember being extremely impressed with her and she was a freshman at the time. Good passing and sharp moves. She has put on a little weight since then, but it is muscle.

They match up with us in size, but they don't have Dowdell and Johnson type athleticism in the post. If we can beat their guards (keep our turn overs low - ulike our last game), we should be able to get it inside. SFA is athletic and fast in the guard positions. They will full court us some, but not as much as Memphis did. I don't think they can keep up with the pace.
    Thanks for the report. I can't wait for the game tonight and I'm sure we will win.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNGuy View Post
    Thanks for the report. I can't wait for the game tonight and I'm sure we will win.
    ---
    this from the LatechSports.com
    "Fans can follow all the action via gametracker by logging onto
    www.goutsa.com.
    The Lady Techsters game against UTSA on Wednesday can also be seen via the Internet at www.goutsa.com. "

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    this from the LatechSports.com
    "Fans can follow all the action via gametracker by logging onto
    www.goutsa.com.
    The Lady Techsters game against UTSA on Wednesday can also be seen via the Internet at www.goutsa.com. "
    Thanks for the link for tomorrow night. Wish we could watch it tonight. I will have to settle for just listening on All Access. I worry about turnovers in this game. They are going to press the H out of us. We have had difficulty with that.

Okay, who has Malcolm's email. The commercials are fine, but you can barely hear him on the broadcast and I have my big speakers set up. Lots of static...

Okay, who has Malcolm's email. The commercials are fine, but you can barely hear him on the broadcast and I have my big speakers set up. Lots of static...
    ---
    what e-mail?

Varsity Bulldog techfan4life has turned a few heads around heretechfan4life has turned a few heads around here

mbutler@latech.edu - but I doubt he'll be checking it this close to the game. According to what I just heard on the radio, they're having technical difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by techfan4life View Post
    mbutler@latech.edu - but I doubt he'll be checking it this close to the game. According to what I just heard on the radio, they're having technical difficulties.
    They said that they were having technical difficulty with the clock and scoreboard. Mabye it is related.

+ Reply to Thread