Purchased a Linksys wireless router a couple of years ago. I'm the type who will follow instructions and call the 800 number if I have questions. I purchased the router mainly for my daughter so that she could access when she was home from college. I never took the time to hook everything up, my daughter and my wife stayed on me about it, so finally I told them to just handle it themselves...my first mistake.

My wife finally took over the project and worked through the 800 number to get it installed. Here is what she was told to do which I'm convinced was wrong. They had her install the software on each computer that was to be on our wireless system so she did it on our desktop, her laptop, and my daughter's laptop. They can both access fine, but nobody else can access.

Example: I can't access from my laptop. When I type in the password from my computer it won't recognize. I've tried it with my old laptop and my new laptop. My guess is that the person with the broken english at the help desk asked my unknowing wife how secure she wanted the system and gave her the ULTIMATE security set up.

Before I begin the discussions with the broken english folks at the help desk, does anybody have a suggestion as to how I can start from scratch to get this corrected. I wouldn't mind requring a password to access the system, but it is not a must. My computer guy told me that although folks may pirate from your system, it is impossible for them to hack in to your system.