+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAC Bowls

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

WAC Bowls

I was having some discussions with some Sun Belt fans and one of them brought up a good point. I think we all know that WAC bowls suck for Tech... being all out West, but look how fragile they are:

- Humanitarian Bowl: If Boise goes to the MWC, do they take this bowl with them?
    - Hawaii Bowl: Was created for Hawaii... if they don't qualify enough, can it survive?
    - New Mexico Bowl: A bad matchup between so-so WAC / MWC teams that the community doesn't really support. It may be on life support already.
    - Emerald Bowl: Rotates between WAC and Army/Navy every other year.

What can our Commissioner do to stabilize our bowl situation?

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: WAC Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I was having some discussions with some Sun Belt fans and one of them brought up a good point. I think we all know that WAC bowls suck for Tech... being all out West, but look how fragile they are:

- Humanitarian Bowl: If Boise goes to the MWC, do they take this bowl with them?
    - Hawaii Bowl: Was created for Hawaii... if they don't qualify enough, can it survive?
    - New Mexico Bowl: A bad matchup between so-so WAC / MWC teams that the community doesn't really support. It may be on life support already.

He can start by resigning and letting a competent administrator take that job!

Our university presidents need to really be thinking about your questions now because once the teams start bailing out we have a very real problem! We will be like the Sunbelt on the outside looking in, if we do not control our destiny better than Benson has done for us. That is why, in my humble opinion, we need a new commissioner! Maybe someone who is proactive and actually look for new opportunities and teams for the WAC without finding Big West rejects or waits for bowls to call him!

DFiH

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post

Humanitarian bowl already has a MWC vs WAC matchup. Boise will just fill the MWC side vs Idaho (ironic possibility).
    Hawaii bowl will be ok since the WAC pays to sponsor it and Hawaii will make it enough.
    NM Bowl does suck, but it's better than the belch which has fewer bowl options.

The other bowls like the Poinsettia and stuff with contingency spots....are ok.

Conference USA has great bowl tie-ins......

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    Conference USA has great bowl tie-ins......
    That's why they like the "big market" approach.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    He can start by resigning and letting a competent administrator take that job!

Our university presidents need to really be thinking about your questions now because once the teams start bailing out we have a very real problem! We will be like the Sunbelt on the outside looking in, if we do not control our destiny better than Benson has done for us. That is why, in my humble opinion, we need a new commissioner! Maybe someone who is proactive and actually look for new opportunities and teams for the WAC without finding Big West rejects or waits for bowls to call him!

DFiH

I don't think Benson should resign, i just think WAC schools need to get stronger. the bowls don't make the schools, the schools make the bowls.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogtek View Post
    I don't think Benson should resign, i just think WAC schools need to get stronger. the bowls don't make the schools, the schools make the bowls.
    Well, I guess you and I disagree! Although I did say we needed stronger schools by saying that Benson needed to find better conference mates than Idaho, New Mexico State, & Utah State. He should also find us better bowl tie-ins rather than a once every three year deal at the Poinsetta Bowl and a non-existent tie-in with the GMAC.

DFiH

+ Reply to Thread