+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another expansion blog

Varsity Bulldog tangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the earstangidawg seems to have something between the ears

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Re: Another expansion blog

Interesting, but the truth is, nobody has the slightest idea of what is going to happen until it actually does. But it is fun to speculate about...

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

"In addition, La Tech, ULL, UNT, and Arky State have history. They tried to start a conference together before."

Huh? This must have been before my time. Can anybody add some color to this? Interesting.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    "In addition, La Tech, ULL, UNT, and Arky State have history. They tried to start a conference together before."

Huh? This must have been before my time. Can anybody add some color to this? Interesting.
    I'm not sure what conference they were planning to create, but Tech, ULL, and Arkansas State were all part of the Big West Conference from 1992-1995. Louisiana Tech, ULL, and Arkansas State were all Division I-A Independents for a number of years afterward, and North Texas was an Independent in 1995. So, maybe it was during this timeframe that a new conference was proposed.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

A ULL fan wanted to know if I thought Tech fans would welcome a ULL move into the WAC if Boise left. I told him I thought Tech fans would be thrilled. Is this true?

If Boise went to the MWC, would we want ULL and UNT to join the WAC?

Fresno St
    Nevada
    Hawaii
    San Jose St
    Idaho
    New Mexico St
    Utah St
    La Tech
    UL-Lafayette
    North Texas

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    A ULL fan wanted to know if I thought Tech fans would welcome a ULL move into the WAC if Boise left. I told him I thought Tech fans would be thrilled. Is this true?

Fresno St
    Nevada
    Hawaii
    San Jose St
    Idaho
    New Mexico St
    Utah St
    La Tech
    UL-Lafayette
    North Texas
    Cant say I'd be crazy about that. But I could hold my nose and live with it.

If that were the case, I would also like to see UTSA & Denver as non-fball members.

Varsity Bulldog FieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really niceFieldDawg is just really nice FieldDawg's Avatar

UTSA has started a football program

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The article seems to lead one to believe that UNT would have an inside track to CUSA by stating they were very close last time only losing to UTEP because of facilities. I think Tech was closer than UNT, but I could be wrong.

Also, I think Tech will go all out to get into CUSA - something the article didn't mention. It assumes we are happy with the WAC and have leverage there.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FieldDawg View Post
    UTSA has started a football program
    Thanks -- forgot.

But what's the worst case scenario? They play FCS ball for awhile, and then move up?

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Fresno St
    Nevada
    Hawaii
    San Jose St
    Idaho
    New Mexico St
    Utah St
    La Tech
    UL-Lafayette
    North Texas
    I think the point of the article was that 10 team conferences are more difficult for scheduling and that conferences prefer either 9 teams or 12 teams. If were to expand the WAC I would want 12 teams and have an eastern division.
    Last edited by tylerdawg; 12-29-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I liked what it said about the western CUSA splitting away and keeping USM and Tulane for football! That would give them 8 and needing one more team sitting right in the middle of their foot print! You know, a nice school located in the Ruston/Dubach metroplex w/ a soon to be added campus in Shreveport! :icon_wink:

DFiH

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg View Post
    I think the point of the article was that 10 team conferences are more difficult for scheduling and that conferences perfer either 9 teams or 12 teams. If were to expand the WAC I would want 12 teams and have an eastern division.
    I personally don't like 12-team, Non-AQ conferences because it waters down the conference revenues. However, if it meant more stability, I guess the WAC could invite ULL, UNT, Arkansas St, and Troy and have 2 divisions.

WEST
    Fresno St
    Nevada
    Hawaii
    San Jose St
    Idaho
    Utah St

EAST
    New Mexico St
    La Tech
    UL-Lafayette
    North Texas
    Arkansas St
    Troy

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

I personally don't like 12-team, Non-AQ conferences because it waters down the conference revenues. However, if it meant more stability, I guess the WAC could invite ULL, UNT, Arkansas St, and Troy and have 2 divisions.

WEST
    Fresno St
    Nevada
    Hawaii
    San Jose St
    Idaho
    Utah St

EAST
    New Mexico St
    La Tech
    UL-Lafayette
    North Texas
    Arkansas St
    Troy
    We might as well just quit the WAC and join the Belch if the WAC is going to look like this.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    We might as well just quit the WAC and join the Belch if the WAC is going to look like this.
    The only thing with that is that the WAC generates 3 x's the revenue as the Belch and has a better contract with ESPN. It would be better to bring a few Belt teams into the WAC than to leave the WAC for the Sun Belt.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

The only thing with that is that the WAC generates 3 x's the revenue as the Belch and has a better contract with ESPN. It would be better to bring a few Belt teams into the WAC than to leave the WAC for the Sun Belt.
    It won't if Boise is gone.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread