+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/30 UTSA game

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

12/30 UTSA game

Lady Techsters Basketball
    Day: Tuesday
    Date: Dec. 30, 2009
    Event: UTSA/New Year's Classic
    Time: 7:00 p.m. CT

Head Coach: Teresa Weatherspoon
    Roster: Click Here

Opponent Info:

University of Texas at San Antonio
    Mascot: Roadrunners
    Conference: Southland
    Head Coach: Rae Rippetoe-Blair
    Roster: Click Here
    Schedule: Click Here

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: 12/30 UTSA game

The Lady Techsters will take on UTSA @ 7PM tomorrow.

UTSA roster

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    The Lady Techsters will take on UTSA @ 7PM tomorrow.

UTSA roster
    So, who the H is that blonde Amazon woman in the middle? She looks like a giant. Hope she can't run with us.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

San Antonio beat Arkansas by 16 on a neutral court.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

That Amazon is a 6'5" freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    San Antonio beat Arkansas by 16 on a neutral court.
    I don't know how good Arkansas is this year, but beating an SEC team is a big deal. Maybe we got our bad game out of the way tonight.

7 players over 6 foot - most a couple of inches taller than that.

Our guards have got to step it up.

From what I can see, UTSA has a mega big team. I think we are faster and more athletic, though. Our guards are going to have to hit outside shots for us to survive this one. Plus, we need to drive the lanes to draw some fouls quickly. Dowdell and Johnson will have their work cut out for them. UTSA blocks shots and gets in the paint easily. You wouldn't think this would be a good team, but they are. Beating Arkansas (badly, I might add) is a sign that we are playing a legit team tonight. I hope we got our bad game out of the way last night. Also, we need TK back in the line up. I hope she is feeling better and can play. We need her athleticism. We have to run the ball fast up and down. That will tire UTSA out, since I do not think they can keep up with us. Need fast break points in this one. I would full court them some and cause some turnovers.

Lastly, we HAVE to take care of the ball. I don't think UTSA will cause a lot of turnovers, but we have a lot of unforced ones this year. We have to beat them out of the gates and take the wind out of their sails. This is a better team than SFA, but MUCH different style.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yeah, they are 8-4 with a nice win vs. Ark. But, they are a SLC team, as is SFA, of course. If the Techsters are serious about being good again, we should not lose a game like this. Of course, we are 0-2 vs the SEC, both at home, so maybe UTSA is just flat-out a better team and we'll be lucky to keep it respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yeah, they are 8-4 with a nice win vs. Ark. But, they are a SLC team, as is SFA, of course. If the Techsters are serious about being good again, we should not lose a game like this. Of course, we are 0-2 vs the SEC, both at home, so maybe UTSA is just flat-out a better team and we'll be lucky to keep it respectable.
    I hope we are much more athletic and can out run them. Arkansas also lost to SMU, so maybe they are not that great. Arkansas' schedule is up and down. They can put up some points against weak teams. Scored 108 against Sam Houston, but lost some that they should not have. I don't see an impressive win. The only defensive great game they had was a loss to Depaul by one with a score in the 40's. They have a one point loss to Oklahoma and they beat Western Kentucky by about 12 (most impressive win on their schedule).

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I hope we are much more athletic and can out run them. Arkansas also lost to SMU, so maybe they are not that great. Arkansas' schedule is up and down. They can put up some points against weak teams. Scored 108 against Sam Houston, but lost some that they should not have. I don't see an impressive win. The only defensive great game they had was a loss to Depaul by one with a score in the 40's. They have a one point loss to Oklahoma and they beat Western Kentucky by about 12 (most impressive win on their schedule).
    ---
    now you guys have me worried a bit here!
    Anyone know their RPI?

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    Anyone know their RPI?
    Don't know their rpi, but I don't ever pay much attention to that. For me, it isn't a good predictor of the better team. I think we can handle them. I was told by Malcolm that they don't start all those big girls. They, actually, have a 5'9 player that plays forward a lot and is red hot on rebounds and scoring. We need to shut her down. That is amazing after seeing all that height on their team. Just goes to show you that height ain't everything. :icon_wink:

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    Anyone know their RPI?
    San Antonio's RPI is 110

We are 100
    Fresno is 101
    New Mexico St is 107
    Boise is 121
    Nevada is 151

Idaho broke into the top 300 by beating Santa Barbara last night!
    The WAC is ranked 14th this season compared to 27th last.

Like Champ said, these RPIs don't tell us who the better team is or who will win. I think they tell us we are on roughly the same level as San Antonio.
    Last edited by LT; 12-30-2009 at 11:37 AM.

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Their four leading scorers and rebounders are 5'9 and under. I agree with Champ our guards will have to be ready to play.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Thanks for the research champ. I hope we win this game tonight...

+ Reply to Thread