+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Two Thumbs Up

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Two Thumbs Up

Greyhound

I wasn't expecting anything from it, but it was a treat. There's pretty much no extraneous exposition, just a straightforward story of a group of destroyers (American, British, Canadian, and Polish) protecting a convoy crossing the Atlantic. They let the atmosphere tell the story for a lot of it with almost everything said directly related to what's going on. There's only one minor detour from the story that's kinda out of place, and a scene or two goes on too long, but the overall movie isn't hurt by the few hiccups. The only real downside is you need an Apple TV+ subscription to watch it.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Fast and Furious 9 was enjoyable. You either are into the franchise or you're not. This one delivered. Best or second-best in franchise.

Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard was also enjoyable. Hayek is great. Jackson is having fun. Reynolds does great when his character is being competent and not so great the rest of the time. Some of it didn't work, but overall, was a fun watch. It's mostly a time-killer and something you might throw in the background, though. Still, worth a watch just maybe not in the theaters. But it's probably not everyone's cup of tea.

Black Widow was disappointing, but good nevertheless. Like, they had a whole extra year (give or a take a few months) to edit it and this what they had to show for it. It's most similar to the lower ranked Marvel movies like Dark World, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, and Ultron. Johansson phones it in a lot of the time, but there are times she really goes all in and sells it. As you've probably read from any reviews, Pugh and Harbour stole the show. It would have been better to either have a large audience like normal to make it, because part of what sells Marvel movies is the shared experience. It is worth a watch, because it does do some great stuff despite the problems, just enjoy it in your home theater.

Jungle Cruise was surprisingly good. Blunt and Johnson went beyond their normal charismatic selves. My only complaint is that they could have cut one of the villains (and its related story). But, that story itself could have been a great standalone movie, even if it is a great chuckle to watch The Rock try to be a Spaniard. The "flashbacks" that get utilized were superb story-telling and the music just hit right with it.

Spider-Man: No Way Home

I lived. I laughed. I loved. I cried. I was entertained. 11/10 movie.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

Yes -- best superhero movie EVAR.

Caveat -- it's not a standalone story. You should really be up to speed on all the MCU films and Spiderman movies over the last 20 years to fully appreciate all the thread they're tying together. (Some of the recent Marvel tv series too.)

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

https://www.avclub.com/box-office-ex...pid-1848249964

Everything Everywhere All at Once

It has some pacing and story issues and is probably an hour longer than it needed to be because of it, but it is an overall pretty good movie.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

The Old Man on FX

I have watched three episodes and I was hooked with the first episode. They don't tell you a lot. You get it as it goes and it goes to places you didn't expect from the first episode.
    Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, Amy Brenneman. This is on a level with Breaking Bad. You can thank me later for this tip.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Better Call Saul is back on with the last few episodes. Just watched the latest episode and it gave me that empty feeling in the pit of my stomach like the old Breaking Bad. A lot of surprises and many more to come it seems. Vince Gilligan is a master story teller and always has twists I usually don't see coming. There is supposed to be a big twist that the writers say nobody will see coming.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Just found out Peaky Blinders, Netflicks series, final season was on the other day. I have watched 4 episodes. Although the series is a little dark anyway, this season is much darker than the others. If you haven't watched any of it, it is well worth a look. A lot of violence and foul language. Speaking of language, you will have to get accustomed to the accents as they can be very difficult to understand. You might want to turn on the closed captions till you get used to the way they talk. One of my favorite series.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    The Old Man on FX

I have watched three episodes and I was hooked with the first episode. They don't tell you a lot. You get it as it goes and it goes to places you didn't expect from the first episode.
    Jeff Bridges, John Lithgow, Amy Brenneman. This is on a level with Breaking Bad. You can thank me later for this tip.
    Love this series! It's very different from the run-of-the-mill. Be prepared to rewind a bunch. There are a lot of "huh?" scenarios.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Better Call Saul is back on with the last few episodes. Just watched the latest episode and it gave me that empty feeling in the pit of my stomach like the old Breaking Bad. A lot of surprises and many more to come it seems. Vince Gilligan is a master story teller and always has twists I usually don't see coming. There is supposed to be a big twist that the writers say nobody will see coming.
    Maybe Kim runs off with ......nah!
    Last edited by Amos Moses; 07-13-2022 at 06:14 PM.

Has anyone seen the movie "Nobody" starring Bob Odenkirk (AKA Saul Goodman)? Check it out on HBO Max. Non-stop action....reminds me of one of the violent video games out now. So action-packed it's down right funny!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Has anyone seen the movie "Nobody" starring Bob Odenkirk (AKA Saul Goodman)? Check it out on HBO Max. Non-stop action....reminds me of one of the violent video games out now. So action-packed it's down right funny!
    Really great.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The Terminal List on Amazon pretty awesome if you like Seal teams.

This is author Jack Carr's first of five best seller novels with the main central character.
    Louisiana Tech University

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    When I read "Nobody" I thought of an old movie "My Name is Nobody". A quirky spaghetti western with Henry Fonda. Looked it up and got a few chuckles.
    WWDog
    La Tech

+ Reply to Thread