+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Thumbs Up

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Two Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupporter11 View Post
    hoping Jennifer Lawrence gets nominated for an Oscar...plus she's very hot...

I thought it was great because it had a lot of country sayings my dad uses. Plus, it had the lady from My Name is Early (she is a hooker in that), and she played country white trash with the best of them. I thought the story line was good, and the acting and setting was perfect for what they were trying to capture. Believe me, I have seen it live and in person on my dad's side of the family (though not to that extent).

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

2 movies I just saw and recommend are "The Tourist" and "The Next Three Days".

Angelina was stunning in "The Tourist". I haven't really like her much in the past, but this movie brings out her beauty. It has a good bit of action and that's I will divulge.

I can relate to a man that's passionate about his wife and willing to do anything for her, but this guy is well, awesome.

I give a thumbs up to both movies.

The next one I want to see is "The Warrior's Way". I may go see "Sucker Punch" because of all the hot ladies in it.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I concur, The Tourist was very good. Very well written and performed. The first few scenes you're kind of 'WTF?', but it gets going rather quickly.

I loved the nodd to some of the past performances of the actors/actress the best.

Angelina Jolie - combo of her 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith' & 'The Good Shepard'
    Johnny Depp - Pirates of the Caribbean
    Paul Bettany - combo of 'A Beautiful Mind' & 'A Knight's Tale'
    Timothy Dalton - Bond franchise

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    2 movies I just saw and recommend are "The Tourist" and "The Next Three Days".

Angelina was stunning in "The Tourist". I haven't really like her much in the past, but this movie brings out her beauty. It has a good bit of action and that's I will divulge.

I can relate to a man that's passionate about his wife and willing to do anything for her, but this guy is well, awesome.

I give a thumbs up to both movies.

The next one I want to see is "The Warrior's Way". I may go see "Sucker Punch" because of all the hot ladies in it.
    Angelina needs some carbs. She looks like a stick skeleton with lips and eyes.

Johnny Depp is awesome and gorgeous as usual.

The movie was really good. I enjoyed it. I figured it out about 15 minutes in though. I was gratified to find out I was correct.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Angelina needs some carbs. She looks like a stick skeleton with lips and eyes.
    I agree. She needs to put on some weight. A fit body would look so much better on her.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Liked Scott Pilgrim v. The World.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Liked Scott Pilgrim v. The World.
    I've read all the books, and really liked the first few but wasn't blown away by the last ones (which were written after the movie was written I think).

I'll be interested to see how the movie compares.

The Warrior's Way. Thumbs down, but that doesn't mean that you won't like it.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Tron: Legacy

It's pretty good. Could have been better, but still good. All the CGI and other effects were awesome. Did a great job at updating everything. Michael Sheen sort of "stole the show" in his short appearance.

Only complaint is at how bad they did the effect to make Jeff Bridges young again. Was just way off and a bit distracting if your someone who pays attention to details.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

The Fighter

awesome. Go watch Christian Bale do some of the best acting you'll ever see.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    The Fighter

awesome. Go watch Christian Bale do some of the best acting you'll ever see.
    Yes, I loved it. Bale did a great job.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

It's pretty good. Could have been better, but still good. All the CGI and other effects were awesome. Did a great job at updating everything. Michael Sheen sort of "stole the show" in his short appearance.

Only complaint is at how bad they did the effect to make Jeff Bridges young again. Was just way off and a bit distracting if your someone who pays attention to details.
    Agreed on all of this. Its a good movie, just nothing to rave about other than of course the awesome effects. Plus the music from Daft Punk fit perfect. If the movie was condensed a little more and concentrated more on the plot than it would have been one of the best. But i'd still recommend people to see it.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Agreed on all of this. Its a good movie, just nothing to rave about other than of course the awesome effects. Plus the music from Daft Punk fit perfect. If the movie was condensed a little more and concentrated more on the plot than it would have been one of the best. But i'd still recommend people to see it.
    Do you need to see the first one to "get it" and make the second worth while?

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Do you need to see the first one to "get it" and make the second worth while?
    No. You pretty much understand it on its own as they explain things as they go along. Not too much connection other than namings really.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

No. You pretty much understand it on its own as they explain things as they go along. Not too much connection other than namings really.
    Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread