+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Had to point it out

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

Had to point it out

Houston only had around 2800 at their game last night, and as I was listening on the radio, I remember thinking "Dang that place is loud!" They had a great atmosphere there, and this is our best team since I can remember! We should get 3000 for the Nevada game, but not only that, we have to start making some noise!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Had to point it out

Quote Originally Posted by TruDawg View Post
    Houston only had around 2800 at their game last night, and as I was listening on the radio, I remember thinking "Dang that place is loud!" They had a great atmosphere there, and this is our best team since I can remember! We should get 3000 for the Nevada game, but not only that, we have to start making some noise!
    They only seemed loud toward the end when they thought they had a chance to me. I was watching on the Internet, though. I heard the Tech group several times, but was listening for them.

You are VERY right in that Tech needs to start getting noisy. Not only does it show our team that we are there, it can excite the students by creating a great atmosphere. It is SO easy for the TAC to get loud - the building is good for that. We need to use that to our advantage.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

It sure didn't look like 2,000. I couldn't hear much of their crowd noise on the Internet until right at the end. Our fans seemed loud for their numbers all night.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TruDawg View Post

Great post and observation. You actually just beat me to saying this!

Ive been to and seen a handfull of fans at the ULM, Centenary, and Houston away games. I would COMPLETELY AGREE with TruDawg on the atmosphere at the TAC. Honestly Ive had more fun at the away games this year!! We need everyone to loosen up, have some fun, and YELL, CLAP, WHISTLE... or whatever you can do to MAKE NOISE!!!

Below is a partial quote from JFord. He was with me along with many more Tech fans last night. I know there are many other fans like Justincad, dawgdude, and others who i believe would be on board with you the noise issue.

from various away game threads: most of these quotes you would NEVER hear after or during a home game.

Older tech fans follow the simple "defense" chant very well, "let's go bulldogs", and "how 'bout them dawgs". We should take note in the TAC and use these, A LOT!
    Also, contrary to popular belief there is never a bad time for "how 'bout them dawgs" (unless losing or just doing something boneheaded).

From the team:
    They loved all the support
    Our crowd has been great on the road
    Some of the players have said better then at home
    The crowd has really been into it

How 'bout them dawgs!!!!!!!!!!! you can hear our fans cheering on the background

i'm real jealous of the guys that drove down from shreveport. i'm sure the guys were pumped to have some fans at an away game

"How 'bout them Dawgs!" and "De-fense"?

the team acknowledged the fans there. We applauded them as they walked off the court, and they applauded at us back. Thought it was a good gesture.

the stands look like it's a home game for us...

Tech fans bringing the sings. Love it.

Just saw the Go Dawgs sign

I hear "how bout them dawgs".

We will need all of the LOUD Tech fans we can get tonight

It's about FRIGGIN TIME some Louisiana Tech fans showed up to cheer for the Dawgs
    nice "we are...bulldog" going on now.

we were louder than the Centenary crowd

The guy that sat to my left that started the WE ARE, BULLDOGS! cheer was awesome.

you had the tech fans there taking over that gym

Dave Nitz was right, half the fans or more were in blue cheering on the Dawgs-22 points down with 16 mins left in game and we came back and won!

A lot of blue behind Tech bench. Love it!

Good showing it looked like.

Funny thing, my 11 year old walked in and said " Dang, ULM has sume chunky dancers"

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

The Centenary & ULM crowds were basically your backbone of the Ruston home crowd -

The main difference (I think) is they were BUNCHED together at the away games and that creates a more lively group and people are less inhibited on the road...

At the TAC - its the Hoop Troop and a few of us who set together on a regular basis scattered around various points in the TAC

Even the students are blasey at best -

And yes the simple chants work best - defense, go dawgs go and the clap clap clap -

However, I'm still one of those who thinks HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS should be reserved for very specific points in the game - mainly when the game is firmly in hand and victory is certain, great play to end the half, etc - to me chanting it at other times is akin to shaking your keys and chanting START THE BUS with a two point lead with 4 minutes to play....

HOW ABOUT THEM DAWGS to me its a VICTORY CHEER and should be reserved for such...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I want to hear we are bulldogs in the TAC some also, gonna need the cheerleaders to help with this one I think

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

However, I'm still one of those who thinks HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS should be reserved for very specific points in the game - mainly when the game is firmly in hand and victory is certain, great play to end the half, etc - to me chanting it at other times is akin to shaking your keys and chanting START THE BUS with a two point lead with 4 minutes to play....

HOW ABOUT THEM DAWGS to me its a VICTORY CHEER and should be reserved for such...

Agreed

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

We had a great "we are bulldogs" going at centenary with 30 secs left when we finally had the game in hand.

I also think we used "how bout them dogs" at houston in 4-5 strategic points. First one halfway through first half during a timeout when they made a good run. The Houston fans began some lame attempt at cheering and we answered with "how bout...". This was really the turning point for our fans who really got in ghe game after this! As a result it appeared our players responded and completed the game with intensity. The remaining few times where hollowing runs, during timeouts, and closing the game.

And the simple defense clap clap defense, works way better than any cheer the band has initiated. I also think you hit the nail on the head about fans feeling less inhibited on the road! I wish this was not the case though!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

On suggestion to the student section....

Don't got into HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS when WE are fixing to shoot FT's.... :icon_wink:

On suggestion to the student section....

Don't got into HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS when WE are fixing to shoot FT's.... :icon_wink:
    Suggestion: don't tell the only cohesive unit of fans cheering how and when to cheer! Not a good way to build student support!

I'm fairly sure that would not have any negative bearing on our free throw! I would actually think it would help! Especially at that point in a close game that we have wrapped up! Go dawgs!

I will state it again -

DO NOT start HOW ABOUT THEM DAWGS when we are sitting up to shoot a FT....

Watch some basketball and notice how other student sections do it - when your team is shooting a FT you get quiet....

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

I will state it again -

DO NOT start HOW ABOUT THEM DAWGS when we are sitting up to shoot a FT....

Watch some basketball and notice how other student sections do it - when your team is shooting a FT you get quiet....
    There wasn't a single instance last night that it spilled over into when we were shooting. I remember once the cheer started but it stopped as soon as our player stepped up to the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    There wasn't a single instance last night that it spilled over into when we were shooting. I remember once the cheer started but it stopped as soon as our player stepped up to the line.
    Actually I think it went into the first shot -

But that's the on I was talking about - we all noticed it...

A RED DOT! A RED DOT... REALLY...

this is dissapointing...

we are all on the same team! Just trying to support Tech!

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Actually I think it went into the first shot -

But that's the on I was talking about - we all noticed it...
    Sorry the student section was acually excited..I think you are looking a little to far into this. Not trying to sound offensive, but it was a WAC conference game against a team that we do not beat often in any sport.

As a student I have to say hearing stuff like "we shouldn't cheer this" and this cheer is for that..and you don't know the tech traditon..makes me honestly mad...

I am one of about 10 students I know at tech that support all tech sports. As in I know the players names for each team etc...

I think we as students now can create our own identity if we want (I mean if thats what cheering "how bout them dawgs" too early....or sayin "WE ARE BULLDAWGS" is..then I and I think I speak for the rest of the students who have attended all the home games this year that we can chant/cheer whatever we want.

We are the ones standing the whole game...the ones making signs and handing out fliers for the games. Not just sitting on the internet and saying what we wished students would do. We are acually trying to do it

+ Reply to Thread