+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had to point it out

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Had to point it out

Let me point something out -

The ONLY thing I said was that the student section may not want to do the HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS when OUR team is fixing to shoot a free throw - nothing more nothing less

Simple cheering 101...

And you might want to step back and realize that some of these individuals on the board are the keys players that are providing the financing to help put this student section together and alot of these individuals are at every single home game and have been for years -

Just something to think about...
    Last edited by Dwayne From Minden; 01-03-2010 at 07:30 PM.
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Yes i agree..I respect everyone who financially supports Tech...and love all the old players/alumni for their support.

At the same time we want to continue getting support from current students such as myself who are not able to support through giving money at the time.

We just show up at games, cheer for the dawgs and do our best to get everyone else to.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got to agree. We are not just disrespectful kids doing our own thing. We love tech too. Aren't we the students who many on this board are trying to win over?

About the new and improved section, we are extremely grateful for a front row place to cheer on the dawgs! Thanks to all that made it happen!
    Last edited by baw011; 01-03-2010 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Little to pumped! Sorry go dawgs!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    I've got to agree. We are not just disrespectful kids doing our own thing. We love tech too. Aren't we the students who many on this board are trying to win over?

I've tried to let this go, but it's stuff like this that really hinders our enthusiasm and support.

About the new and improved section, we are extremely grateful for a front row place to cheer on the dawgs! Thanks to all that made it happen!
    You're welcome. Now quit feeling sorry for yourself and go take a course in "Cheering 101", and then BE LOUD!!! We're not asking much from the students. Just go out and yell like every other student body in America! :icon_wink:

HD

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    Yes i agree..I respect everyone who financially supports Tech...and love all the old players/alumni for their support.

At the same time we want to continue getting support from current students such as myself who are not able to support through giving money at the time.

We just show up at games, cheer for the dawgs and do our best to get everyone else to.
    And you guys are doing a great job. Keep spreading the word about all the fun in the TAC!

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You're welcome. Now quit feeling sorry for yourself and go take a course in "Cheering 101", and then BE LOUD!!! We're not asking much from the students. Just go out and yell like every other student body in America! :icon_wink:

HD
    And while your at it, take "Get Your Panties Out of Wad 201"

Just kidding. Keep up the good work. I have a feeling y'all are going to get a lot of help real soon. Everybody loves a winner.

But you dudes were in on the ground-floor and for that you deserve a lot of credit.

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    And while your at it, take "Get Your Panties Out of Wad 201"

Just kidding. Keep up the good work. I have a feeling y'all are going to get a lot of help real soon. Everybody loves a winner.

But you dudes were in on the ground-floor and for that you deserve a lot of credit.
    I think I've made it to: "settle it down" 599! I tend to get a little to pumped up and touchy sometimes!

Sorry dfm!

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

haha I can speak for BAW that we just get worked up because the other students won't get into the games..

I turned around when we were up by 2 with a few minutes left trying to get the students behind me to stand up and they looked at me like i was crazy, we stilll have a long way to go but just have to keep winning

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    haha I can speak for BAW that we just get worked up because the other students won't get into the games..
    Don't worry about the other students....

And remember that it is SUPPOSE TO BE FUN - if you are not having FUN, it is hard to give the team the proper support they deserve and need -

If they see you are having FUN, they will want to be part of the group having fun -

That's the key....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy JB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really nice

I remember very well having a Tech officer tell my friends and I to quiet down while attending a football bame in the late 80's. Some Tech traditions die hard. There will always be a group at Tech who firmly believe that support should not start until you start sending in your check to the alumni association!

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JB71270 View Post
    I remember very well having a Tech officer tell my friends and I to quiet down while attending a football bame in the late 80's. Some Tech traditions die hard. There will always be a group at Tech who firmly believe that support should not start until you start sending in your check to the alumni association!
    How does the Tech officer know you haven't sent in your check to the alumni association? Do you attend games now?

Puppy JB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really niceJB71270 is just really nice

I was not saying anything about the officer knowing about my check. I was simply referring to the current student discussing about people not getting into the games!
    I apologize if my comment was confusing. And yes I still attend when work does not interfere.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    How does the Tech officer know you haven't sent in your check to the alumni association? Do you attend games now?
    He was commenting that some people don't appreciate student support of athletics- that "support should not start until... alumni..." - that only the way 'old' people cheer for/support our teams is effective or appropriate.

At least, I think that's what he was saying.

I ran into this sort of problem a few times, but not as much since the culture has started to change within Tech athletics.

Thank you for saying it better than I apparently did. I am very glad that the culture is starting to change! If people are not encouraged to show support as students then it is hard to expect these same people to show support as alumni!

+ Reply to Thread