+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The former Ruston Shoney's Location

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

The former Ruston Shoney's Location

I saw yesterday and today that they had excavators and dozers at this location. I assume that they have already or are getting ready to tear the building down. The last thing I was told was that CVS or Walgreens had bought that location and was going to build a store --- is that accurate? Anybody know for sure?

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: The former Ruston Shoney's Location

Interesting. I was really surprised that nobody bought it and put another restaurant in it. It's not a bad location. I can't believe it sat empty so long. Were the sellers just asking way too much, or what?

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Interesting. I was really surprised that nobody bought it and put another restaurant in it. It's not a bad location. I can't believe it sat empty so long. Were the sellers just asking way too much, or what?
    I called about it 3 or more years ago and talked to the realtor for the ownership group. This guy was out of Dallas but was very familiar with Ruston and the situation. He basically told me that the price they were asking was unrealistic but they weren't concerned about selling the property because Shoney's had a 20+ year lease and were going to have to pay the monthly/yearly lease payments regardless of whether they were actually operating the restaurant or not.

Must be nice!!

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Walgreen's. Rite aid going where the old hotel is next to Peking.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    How many pharmacies do we need?

Really? Very interesting. I am kinda surprised by the Rite Aid location. I'm with Dawgmatic on wondering why the need for so many. My wife likes to go to Walgreen's over on California and I usually sit in the truck with the puppy and wait on her. I cannot believe how many people go into that store -- so I guess that is my answer right there. They wouldn't build them if they didn't know people were going to shop there.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    How many pharmacies do we need?
    Apparently one on every corner. WM/Monroe is rediculously saturated.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Except the one Corner Drug was on.

Lets see - according to the 2009- 2010 Yellow Pages:

1. Green Clinic Pharmacy
    2. Rite Aid
    3. Walgreen's
    4. Prescription Shoppe
    5. Waltz's
    6. Super One
    7. Walmart
    8. Fred's
    9. Mitchells (My Personal Favorite)
    10. Sterling Pharmacy (?????)

And now two more?

Wowser.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

There's also the Clinic Pharmacy, I think it's called, not to be confused with Green Clinic Pharmacy inside the Green Clinic. Clinic Pharmacy is run by the pharmacist who used to be in Green Clinic. It's across Farmerville Street on Belue Lane or something in that new little strip.

I think Sterling only supplies to nursing homes, etc. Not retail.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Find a Walgreens anywhere and look across the street at the right aid...almost everytime. Its not an accident. They announced the two new ones a year ago in a chamber meeting. One wanted a northside presence, so the other followed.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Find a Walgreens anywhere and look across the street at the right aid...almost everytime. Its not an accident. They announced the two new ones a year ago in a chamber meeting. One wanted a northside presence, so the other followed.
    And I've seen that all over the south, and it's not just with Rite Aid, but also CVS. I get the feeling that they are trying run the others out of business with head-to-head competition.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Convenience I guess. They don't have great prices. I stop in one from time to time if it happens to be on the easy to access side of the street.

Big Dog B.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeB.R.Bulldog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Except the one Corner Drug was on.

Lets see - according to the 2009- 2010 Yellow Pages:

1. Green Clinic Pharmacy
    2. Rite Aid
    3. Walgreen's
    4. Prescription Shoppe
    5. Waltz's
    6. Super One
    7. Walmart
    8. Fred's
    9. Mitchells (My Personal Favorite)
    10. Sterling Pharmacy (?????)

And now two more?

Wowser.
    You kind of wish that was all of them Dawgamatic:

1. Albertson's (believe there's still one in Monroe)
    2. Winn Dixie (not sure if there still in NE Louisiana still but are in south Louisiana)
    3. Target
    4. K-Mart
    5. and the chain that everyone loves ... Piggly Wiggly (only one left in north Louisiana is in Homer)

“Many of you criticize what you cannot understand, too often you’re too quick to scorn the records of a man who made young men believe their sweat was not in vain and that rising to the top required sacrifice and pain and that no one could take away what was not given. He kept them focused on the prize and demanded they stay driven.......time has passed, some words forgotten, but his wisdom will always echo in our ears and our hearts, down to our very marrow”

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B.R.Bulldog View Post
    You kind of wish that was all of them Dawgamatic:

1. Albertson's (believe there's still one in Monroe)
    2. Winn Dixie (not sure if there still in NE Louisiana still but are in south Louisiana)
    3. Target
    4. K-Mart
    5. and the chain that everyone loves ... Piggly Wiggly (only one left in north Louisiana is in Homer)

My New Year's resolution . . . . keep B.R. straight on the facts.

Dawgmatic is talking about Ruston Yellow Pages.

There is no Albertson's in Ruston (or Monroe)
    There's no Winn Dixie.
    There's no Target.
    There's no KMart
    There's no Piggly Wiggly.

PS for all you trivia folks -- Where was Walgreen's first location outside of Chicago?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post

$1.3 million was the price a couple of years ago......

+ Reply to Thread