+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Once upon a time on American television......

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Once upon a time on American television......

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Fortunately, we had Barney who could translate bird speak. "Here comes the cat. Here comes the cat."
    winkin will tell blinkin, blinkin will tell nod, and nod will tell Barney

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    winkin will tell blinkin, blinkin will tell nod, and nod will tell Barney
    +1 LoL

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    So Spiny, what was your favorite episode and why?
    Mine is "The Pickle Story"

Alright Spiny, here's a tough one. Which episode of the AGS directly relates to the healthcare debacle going on right now?
    You didn't ask me, but is it when Ellie won't give Emma her pills?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Mine is "The Pickle Story"
    The Kerosene pickles was a classic.

Trivia question--

What two characters never appeared on camera?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

You didn't ask me, but is it when Ellie won't give Emma her pills?
    Not the one but I could see where you could tie that together. Only problem with it is far be it for the government not to give us something totaly useless for some of our hard earned money.

Trivia question--

What two characters never appeared on camera?
    Sarah for one, the operator. Give me a sec and I'll think of the other.

Waneeta. Waa-aaah-neeta.

Bingo!!

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Alright Spiny, here's a tough one. Which episode of the AGS directly relates to the healthcare debacle going on right now?
    That would involve an episode......
    Regarding politicians from both sides of the political aisle who care not a rat's arse about their constituents......
    But prefer playing politics and lining their personal pockets with special interest/lobbyist favor......
    As they chop away at an old oak that could have been carved into a noble totem......
    And reduce it to puke pulp for an inept 4th estate......
    While leaving little but sawdust upon which to construct anything new and reasonable and beneficial for the citizen taxpayers of Mayberry.

I would have gone with Stodgdog (post #34)......
    But that bit of bureaucratic blindness concluded with a reasonable result for the innocent victim.
    I have absolutely no reason to suspect that the current healthcare hype will result in any such happy ending.

Anyway......
    I have ruled out all of the episodes I recall that invoved doctors in Mayberry......
    So I'm trying to connect your query with an episode that involves some MAJOR bureaucratic/political nonsense.

I'll drink and sleep on it tonight......
    And unless someone solves your riddle in the interim, I'll post my reply or give up tomorrow night.

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza View Post
    That would involve an episode......
    Regarding politicians from both sides of the political aisle who care not a rat's arse about their constituents......
    But prefer playing politics and lining their personal pockets with special interest/lobbyist favor......
    As they chop away at an old oak that could have been carved into a noble totem......
    And reduce it to puke pulp for an inept 4th estate......
    While leaving little but sawdust upon which to construct anything new and reasonable and beneficial for the citizen taxpayers of Mayberry.

I would have gone with Stodgdog (post #34)......
    But that bit of bureaucratic blindness concluded with a reasonable result for the innocent victim.
    I have absolutely no reason to suspect that the current healthcare hype will result in any such happy ending.

Anyway......
    I have ruled out all of the episodes I recall that invoved doctors in Mayberry......
    So I'm trying to connect your query with an episode that involves some MAJOR bureaucratic/political nonsense.

I'll drink and sleep on it tonight......
    And unless someone solves your riddle in the interim, I'll post my reply or give up tomorrow night.

Cheers.
    It was an episode titled "The County Nurse" if my memory serves me right, I believe from season 2. Good ole farm boy singing Rafe Hollister is just minding his own business when the county nurse comes to give him his required vaccine (I often wondered if he had applied to college or some other reason he had to take it). In which case Rafe tells her not no but.....you get the picture. Andy plays the role of big government and trys to sell Rafe on the good points of taking your shots, everybody takes them. Rafe still a no go. Rafe ends up in the Mayberry jail where the propaganda machine gets cranked up. Even though Rafe states he doesn't need the shot (his grandaddy lived to be 100 and he aimed to also), he submits after subtle Andy convinces him of all the ills that is about to befall him if he doesn't do it now (enter Andy with his guitar and the Dig my grave with a siver spade song). Rafe takes his shot and probably doesn't live one day longer, but the good looking nurse got another notch in her syringe.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah for one, the operator. Give me a sec and I'll think of the other.
    Juanita?

Yes

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

It was an episode titled "The County Nurse" if my memory serves me right, I believe from season 2. Good ole farm boy singing Rafe Hollister is just minding his own business when the county nurse comes to give him his required vaccine (I often wondered if he had applied to college or some other reason he had to take it). In which case Rafe tells her not no but.....you get the picture. Andy plays the role of big government and trys to sell Rafe on the good points of taking your shots, everybody takes them. Rafe still a no go. Rafe ends up in the Mayberry jail where the propaganda machine gets cranked up. Even though Rafe states he doesn't need the shot (his grandaddy lived to be 100 and he aimed to also), he submits after subtle Andy convinces him of all the ills that is about to befall him if he doesn't do it now (enter Andy with his guitar and the Dig my grave with a siver spade song). Rafe takes his shot and probably doesn't live one day longer, but the good looking nurse got another notch in her syringe.
    Throughout my life......
    I have routinely had the not very uncommon ability to think about a problem as I fall asleep and awaken with a solution.
    When I awoke this morning, the shot for Rafe was the only episode I could recall that came close to answering your query. The mayor wanting to cut down old oak for the Mayberry movie kept pestering my little grey cells also, but I rejected it completely as not even close.

Anyway......
    I rejected the Rafe's shot episode because (logically) it just did not seem sinister enough to compare with the current healtcare crap. And (personally) because I consider a tetanus shot for a farmer to be a reasoned precaution.
    Subjectivity NEVER ceases to interfere with EVERYTHING!
    I would have explained the above tonight (if given the requested time to do so) and I would have then asked for the solution.

But I understand your point and I agree with your reasoning.

And may I add one additional tidbit.
    Three bureaucrats were involved v. one common citizen.
    And do you recall......
    At the end of the program we learn that the most adamant bureaucratic antagonist in the Rafe chase (Barney) had not had his shot...... And tried to avoid getting it when his own beloved bureaucracy made HIM its target.

-------------------------------------------------------
    So......
    How about giving me another one...... Or a few more?

Here's 2 easy ones for you and anyone else who would care to play.

JUSTICE and HONESTY!
    Each topic was dealt with in numerous episodes. Cite and comment upon as many as you like.

And 1 rather tricky topic because there were no Negroes that I recall in any AG episode. Do you recall any Negroes?

RACISM!
    Also dealt with in many episodes...... At the foundation of the fissure!

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

+ Reply to Thread