+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 1/3 USM game

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: 1/3 USM game

Last year we were 7-7 going into conference play. When CL was finally released (a year and a half too late!) we were 5-4 in conference. This was a WAC ranked 27th instead of 14th like this year.

We are now 9-3. I think we have a legitimate chance of going undefeated at home and at least 5-3 on the road. That would make us at least 22-6 going into the WAC tournament. If we don't win the WAC tournament, I think we have a good chance of taking the NIT title.

The head coach really does matter.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    If USM was a "trap game" for Tech, then Tech has serious problems. That USM team had lost 6 games by 19 or more with a 9 point loss at Belmont being its closest before today. And its wins over South Alabama, Alcorn State, and Jackson State are not exactly signature wins.

Two months into the season, it is easy to determine who the top 30 or 40 teams are....and based on recent form Tech is not close to that level.

If Tech continues its recent run of play, a WAC record of 11-5 or 12-4 is the best I am expecting. And that isn't NCAA tournament level play.
    Trap games to me are games that you are playing against an inferior team that "could" sneak up on you. Southern Miss had some injuries and those players are back. Yes, their record is horrible, but they are getting healthy and playing well now. They will challenge for the CUSA title - watch. Everything is not statistics. There is emotion that plays into what teams do. We have that emotion. We would have (and DID) lost this game over the past 2 years.

The WAC is not going to be easy - hasn't been for us in a long time. We will be challenged. It is good to know that we have the guts and grit to grind it out and win.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I am proud of the Techsters! They have had to struggle to beat some mediocre teams, and they have played well and lost against some very good teams. I am not sure what that means or how it will translate in wins or losses in the WAC, but from what I can tell from the writeups, and from the Baylor game, they never quit.

You have to appreciate the difference 'Spoon has made on this team. I hope you are right that she can get some top recruits away from the big money, great facility teams. Even if she doesn't, she will find the kids with the desire to give it their all, and the Techsters will beat some teams they shouldn't like they did in Leon's days. In my opinion the Lady Techster mentality is already back, and I love it!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Yes, that is the way to fight back and win..Believe and win!

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

Jasmine playing the minutes she did was amazing. But another Techster win is what I'm most happy about.

GO LADY TECHSTERS!

I'll take 9-3 at this point in the season.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    Yes, that is the way to fight back and win..Believe and win!
    Ladies and gentlemen -- the one and only Aubunique!!!!

+ Reply to Thread