+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please pardon my stupity......

Hybrid View

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Please pardon my stupity......

But I just noticed that this site has a specific board for problems/communicating with the administators.

My problem......
    At the bottom of every post (by myself or others) on every board (in the column below the avatar) I have only a red triangle.
    No dot to indicate if another poster is on or off the site.
    No dot to compliment any other author with green for any reason.

Is there some reason for this......
    Or is it merely some "technical" problem that can be easily corrected by the administrators?

My thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Please pardon my stupity......

Spin--

Here is what we see. Do you see something different ?? Click on the attachment below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nadB; 01-04-2010 at 08:27 AM.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

P.S.

Spin--

Have you tried logging out and then logging back on with your user name and password ??

Champ Spinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant futureSpinoza has a brilliant future Spinoza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    P.S.

Spin--

Have you tried logging out and then logging back on with your user name and password ??
    No......
    I have not tried logging out and then back on, etc.

And BTW...... I have no idea how to do so.
    Some who frequent these boards may believe I have only been joking when I have previously referred to my very limited computer skills.
    Not so!

Thanks again.

Cheers.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said...... But I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Spin--

Here is what we see. Do you see something different ?? Click on the attachment below.
    I see exactly what you see......
    Except at the bottom of the avatar column.

Whether I'm looking at one of my posts, one of your posts, or a post from any other author on any of the various boards......
    I have a red triangle where you see the circle on the left, and absolutely nothing else to the right of the red triangle.

Thanks for your interest in my dilemma.

Cheers.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I'm not sure. But before long we are going to be doing a MAJOR upgrade to the site. When we do, and you WILL know it when we do, please let me know if it continues. It's probably a graphic that is missing.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan View Post
    I'm not sure. But before long we are going to be doing a MAJOR upgrade to the site. When we do, and you WILL know it when we do, please let me know if it continues. It's probably a graphic that is missing.

Chris
    Thank you, Chris......
    I appreciate your reply, and I shall patiently await the upgrade.

Cheers.

Chris
    Still patient after 2 months+......
    But beginning to wonder about the definition of "before long".

I have not noticed anything that would alert me to a "Major upgrade".
    But I cannot help but notice that "it continues".

Just so you know.
    Thanks again.

Cheers.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

UPDATE: The new forum software that we will be upgrading to is a MAJOR release. All of our current site "styles" will be defunk and will have to be redone. Also, the forum graphics (icons like Edit, Quite, Post Reply, etc) have to be redone for our specific site style. In addition, the new release will replace the current front end of the site that you see when you go to www.latechbbb.com.

Instead of just pushing this out and dealing with it under fire, we have made the decision to take a more deliberate approach. We are in the process of setting up a "beta" area where we can work with the new system behind the scenes. We can then get everything right, know how the site will respond, and configure it as needed. Once we are through with our beta testing, we will update the live site and implement the changes at a time that is convenient for the user and the administrators.

This has taken much longer than anticipated, but we didn't want to "break" the site with an upgrade during a busy time of the year. We are sure there will still be glitches, but we want to minimize these as much as possible.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

UPDATE: The new forum software that we will be upgrading to is a MAJOR release. All of our current site "styles" will be defunk and will have to be redone. Also, the forum graphics (icons like Edit, Quite, Post Reply, etc) have to be redone for our specific site style. In addition, the new release will replace the current front end of the site that you see when you go to www.latechbbb.com.

Instead of just pushing this out and dealing with it under fire, we have made the decision to take a more deliberate approach. We are in the process of setting up a "beta" area where we can work with the new system behind the scenes. We can then get everything right, know how the site will respond, and configure it as needed. Once we are through with our beta testing, we will update the live site and implement the changes at a time that is convenient for the user and the administrators.

This has taken much longer than anticipated, but we didn't want to "break" the site with an upgrade during a busy time of the year. We are sure there will still be glitches, but we want to minimize these as much as possible.
    When will this beta site be launched?

John is working on setting up the test area now. I thought it would have been working by now, but John has been REALLY busy and has had some personal issues to deal with as well. Long story short - I don't have an ETA.

If you want to get a SIMPLE look at the generic, then go to www.vbulletin.com/forum

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Okay, before this gets launched and without having any idea how the upgrade is going to look, I want to officially log my complaint with it. I don't know what to complain about, but I feel it necessary to have it out there just incase there's a need for an "I told you so."

You're on record, Dirty!!!

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

OK, you guys, I've got a question. When I'm logged in, I don't see anyone's avatar, photo, etc. However, when I'm a "guest" on the same computer, I see all of that. What have I done/am doing wrong??? Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread