+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What position do we need to recruit the hardest?

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

What position do we need to recruit the hardest?

What is the position we need to improve the most through this years recruiting class?

1. A punter who can get the ball over 30 yards down field?
    2. Filling D'anthony's gap in the middle?
    3. A dominant pass rusher from the outside?
    4. Finding CBs who can cover people?
    5. Maybe looking for a dominant pass rushing DE?

It will be interesting to se who can fill the spot that Faust held down well last year at LB and an occasionally at DE.

Also I didn't list the skill positions because of the transfers coming in which are a question in themselves.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: What position do we need to recruit the hardest?

Always DT. Every year.

CB's, DE's. Then I would go need based everywhere else.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Very true. I wish we had NFL talent DT on our team every year

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    Very true. I wish we had NFL talent DT on our team every year

I think it just solves so many problems all at once. Of course they say that is the hardest position for non-AQ schools to recruit.

Now D'Anthony was just a freak and those don't come around very often so I would definitely accept not getting much of a pass rush from the DT/NT position if we can get a beast that can just hold his ground and stuff the run. The pass rushing Boo provided was awesome but for that position just gravy. Obviously I would like both but I will settle with losing that for now if we can get someone that can clog up the middle and stuff the run.

If that is the case though we are going to need our returning DE's to pick it up a notch or two.

I think Dooley said it best when he very first arrived. We have to find a way to generate a consistent pass rush without having to blitz. If we do that and then do what Coach Mick always longs for, which is CB's who can play man and JAM the WR's at the L.O.S. without getting burnt then we will have a top-25 level defense. A tall order but if we can do both no one will EVER want to play us.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, having a strong d-line really distiguishes mid major programs from thier peers. Take a look at TCU. I know they have the big head start on us, but I like thier model of AQ talent on the lines.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

We also need a few more play makers at the WR position

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Tier 1: DT, QB, DE, DB, WR, P
    Tier 2: OL, LB, TE, RB, K

The above is the order I see us needing to sign this February.

Bulldog CT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really nice

i have a DE that I hope Tech will look at from Houston. He's 6'2" 245 and runs a 4.7. He was a unanimous 1st team all district choice this year at DT but will play end in college as he did his sophomore year. He went to the Baylor mini camp in June and dominated in the one on one drills. Does anyone know how i can get at least some film to the coaches?

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

I wish we had good enough corners to press guys and then fast enough safeties to play cover 2.

Quote Originally Posted by CT3789 View Post
    i have a DE that I hope Tech will look at from Houston. He's 6'2" 245 and runs a 4.7. He was a unanimous 1st team all district choice this year at DT but will play end in college as he did his sophomore year. He went to the Baylor mini camp in June and dominated in the one on one drills. Does anyone know how i can get at least some film to the coaches?
    Mail it to the football department..I believe its P.O. Box 3156 or something like that but I'm sure you can find out pretty easy.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CT3789 View Post
    Send it to Dooley. He'll pass it on to whoever is recruiting that area.
    PO Box 3046
    Ruston, La. 71272

+ Reply to Thread