[quote=champion110;860982]
Quote Originally Posted by buchananbando5 View Post

I know you have some talent, but you need to look at, not only our starting 5 (that includes Adriane Johnson and Whitney Jones), but look at our bench with TK, Young, Holloway, and Thomas. We are loaded with 9 top players. They just don't always play to their potential - much like what probably frustrates you about your team, as well.

I think that's where I have a problem with what you said. I think you are overlooking our bench. There are 3 players (Ross, Fears and Moult) that seem to be locked into their starting spots but outside of that there are 6 others (Munro, Filipe, Andrews, Arnold, Edwards, Furst) that have and could start any game with out a major drop off (well outside of Ross of course but that goes with out saying). We also have another 2 players that can get the job done any given night (Jones and Drennan). It's too bad Walker left the team (focus on school) and Thompson got hurt. That would of been another pair of 3-pt sharp shooters for you to worry about coming off the bench.

If you put your eggs on defending Dowdell, you will pay from Johnson in the paint. Also, if you zone us, look at our outside shooting percentage

Same can be said about Ross and our 3-pt shooters... We have the size to go down low this year... and look out our 3-pt D...

Our big problem right now is Johnson having a couple of subpar games and turnovers. I think that will be our biggest problem with Fresno, as you are fast and can cause those turnovers. The other problem will be us defending the three; however, we have done well with that this year and we have played some top 3 point shooting teams.

...have you actually looked at the numbers? We'll be the best 3-pt shooting team (stats wise. 3/game and 3pt %) you see this year so far...

Your problem is going to be competing in the paint with us. Our problem will be ball control and not losing focus on defense. Just the way I see it. We have some top players.

Frankly, right now, I am more worried about NMSU. They can be scary good and then "not so great" on other nights. Same can be said about Fresno/LaTech/BSU/USU too though... I think we can beat them, but they are the leaders right now in my book. Fresno and Tech will dogfight, as usual.