+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All you geniuses that said Boise State didn't belong...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: All you geniuses that said Boise State didn't belong...

I look for Boise to be Top 5 in the preseason polls -

They have a MUCH tougher schedule next year OOC with Oregon State and VaTech @ FedEx Field in DC....

If they can run they table - they will have a legit shot at the BCS Title Game (I will not call it a NC)....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    I read where BS will return 22 of their top 24 and 42 of their top 44. They have got it going on in Boise!!
    That's right. According to the Bleacher Report, Boise State only has 4 seniors on the entire roster in the 2009 season. They will return every starter on Offense and all but one starter on Defense in 2010, assuming no one leaves early for the NFL Draft.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...tle-invitation

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    That's right. According to the Bleacher Report, Boise State only has 4 seniors on the entire roster in the 2009 season. They will return every starter on Offense and all but one starter on Defense in 2010.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...tle-invitation
    So everyone in the WAC is playing for second in 2010.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    So everyone in the WAC is playing for second in 2010.
    i don't know, i think boise has a decent chance at 1st if we slip up and lose to them at their place... :icon_wink:

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been one of the skeptics and will remain so until they beef up their schedule. They are obviously a good team and they beat a good team last night. I was surprised Boise's defense handled TCU as well as they did. I was impressed by the speed of both teams.

Boise is extremely well-coached. We still have a long ways to go compared to them.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I have been one of the skeptics and will remain so until they beef up their schedule.
    Yeah, next year they should beat 3 BCS teams instead of just 2. Cause you know, lots of teams will have done that this year.

Next year they play a "neutral site" game that will really be a VA Tech home game. And they get Oregon State (Pac-10 runner-up).

Not many teams will play an OOC schedule that tough. Their AD said before the game that they will play anyone home-and-home and have even had trouble finding money games.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Yeah, next year they should beat 3 BCS teams instead of just 2. Cause you know, lots of teams will have done that this year.

Next year they play a "neutral site" game that will really be a VA Tech home game. And they get Oregon State (Pac-10 runner-up).

Not many teams will play an OOC schedule that tough. Their AD said before the game that they will play anyone home-and-home and have even had trouble finding money games.

Who else did they beat this year beside Oregon?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Who else did they beat this year beside Oregon?
    TCU.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I was skeptical of the other teams in the MWC until bowl season. Utah and BYU handled business, which led me to believe that TCU is a very good team (always thought they were, but even more after the MWC showing in bowls). I think TCU could hang with and beat UT. Of course, every big school homer hates to think that, but it is the truth. Hell, TCU's schedule was tougher than UT's.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

I never said they didn't belong but I really thought TCU would beat them by 2 TDs something like 31-17. I thought TCU might be the best team anywhere before last night. Boise's defense played out of their mind last night. That was not the same defense we saw at Tech. The good news is hopefully some of those Juniors will leave early for NFL, we can hope!

No way Boise should be anywhere but #2 in the final poll regardless of how BCS game goes. I hope they get some first place votes from someone. Anyone in WAC and mid-major conferences who doesn't vote them #1 should be beaten.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Some people need to accept that Boise is a top-level program. They may sleep some during conference, but who doesn't? I'm looking at YOU, Florida, Bama, Texas.

Fact is they get up for, and win, every meaningful game they play.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I never said they didn't belong but I really thought TCU would beat them by 2 TDs something like 31-17. Boise's defense played out of their mind last night. That was not the same defense we saw at Tech. The good news is hopefully some of those Juniors will leave early for NFL, we can hope!
    I think a lot of people like to look at their game against us and think that, but actually being at the game, you know how bad Boise dominated us. They moved the ball up and down the field easily. Without that pick six, we get murdered at our house. We got a pick six, a nice stop, a good drive, then an onside kick to get back in the game. Without the pick six, we go down 34-10. I think that swung momentum hugely to our favor, but they were still able to put the game away at the end handily.

I also think we were playing some of our best ball at that point, too bad we played the two best teams on our schedule during that stretch (LSU and Boise), where hanging in only gets you a pat on the head and an atta boy in the paper.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I don't really consider the Sunbelt as relevant to the argument, but thanks for the clarification.
    + a gazillion
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post

So they just decided to replace the money games with BCS bowls! Now why didn't we think of that?!!!

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

The rest of the country finally understands what we already knew. What a great performance and the coaching at Boise is about as elite as it gets across the country. Boise is the blueprint for not only the rest of the WAC but a lot of teams across the country. Coaching, players, and fans all get an A+

+ Reply to Thread