+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logan, Utah article on game

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Logan, Utah article on game

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Devon Haskins was a pretty good point guard for us and the last GOOD one we had prior to Dre Brown...
    had this argument the other night ...

haskins was a very good point guard. great passer. good leader. great defender.

lavelle felton was a tremendous scoring point guard. not as a great of a passer or defender. adequate to good in both of those areas, but he could put the ball in the basket.

but i've never seen a point guard with the speed and quickness of deandre brown. he's so explosive. reminds me of the unc point guards over the past few years. just has a different gear than everyone else. great at getting into the lane, where he excels with both is pullup jumper, finishing at the rim and dishing off to teammates. it's amazing what a good point guard can do for you. i do think he gets a little out of control at times and can made some ill-advised passes, but that's really nit-picking compared to where we've been and where we are now.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Devon Haskins was a pretty good point guard for us and the last GOOD one we had prior to Dre Brown...

Lonnie Cooper was very good also - but for Lonnie's first two years he literally had NO ONE to help him out...

Add Dre to last years team and they win 20 ballgames - that's how big a difference he is with this core group
    I loved Haskins, but he usually was not much of a threat to score, particularly from outside.

Lonnie is one of our all time greats, but I always felt that he was a very good 2 guard that was playing the point. He had all of the skills, but he was wasn't what I would call explosive.

DeAndre is best true point that we have had in a long, long time........... maybe back to Wayne Smith. And he is the most explosively quick guard that I can remember at TECH.

As Professor noted, he can get a little out of control on occasion, but the trade-off is obviously more than worth it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    As Professor noted, he can get a little out of control on occasion, but the trade-off is obviously more than worth it.
    Last nite on two occassions I thought he should have been more selfish and should have shot the shot instead of trying to make the pass to a team mate

I thought he only made one bad pass last nite - the high one and Magnum wasn't looking but I don't think would have helped if he was...

Very seldom he doesn't hit his target most of the time he puts the ball where only our player can touch...

He is truly something we haven't seen is a long while and ain't we lucky that Dwain Williams decided he liked Hawaii better than Ruston
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Haskins was also a great airport fighter. We haven't seen the likes of that ever.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Last nite on two occassions I thought he should have been more selfish and should have shot the shot instead of trying to make the pass to a team mate

I thought he only made one bad pass last nite - the high one and Magnum wasn't looking but I don't think would have helped if he was...

Very seldom he doesn't hit his target most of the time he puts the ball where only our player can touch...

He is truly something we haven't seen is a long while and ain't we lucky that Dwain Williams decided he liked Hawaii better than Ruston
    If that was Dwain's decision, we are lucky.

Maybe our coaches just found something a "little" better. That's what I would claim if I was them anyway.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    had this argument the other night ...

haskins was a very good point guard. great passer. good leader. great defender.

lavelle felton was a tremendous scoring point guard. not as a great of a passer or defender. adequate to good in both of those areas, but he could put the ball in the basket.

but i've never seen a point guard with the speed and quickness of deandre brown. he's so explosive. reminds me of the unc point guards over the past few years. just has a different gear than everyone else. great at getting into the lane, where he excels with both is pullup jumper, finishing at the rim and dishing off to teammates. it's amazing what a good point guard can do for you. i do think he gets a little out of control at times and can made some ill-advised passes, but that's really nit-picking compared to where we've been and where we are now.
    Daevon could see the entire floor while dribbling and he was very good on the break. But, like y'all pointed out, he wasn't a true scoring threat. Of course, he got more steals and rebounds than DeAndre.

On top of scoring, DeAndre has a cool temperament--which is absolutely necessary for a great point guard. Think about it... Have you ever seen him complain? Does he ever get too excited or affected? Does he seem hesitant to take big shots?

That, my friends, is what puts him on a whole other level.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

You can say what you want about the other guys, DB's still the most talented PG we've ever had.

Varsity Bulldog roedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really niceroedawg is just really nice

Utah St. Coaches luncheon http://utahstateaggies.i360net.com/event/event.php

pretty interesting considering we just played them. He recaps whole trip, why they flew commercial, wht he thinks about us and chairgate.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    Don't like the usage of "LTU", they should use "LA Tech" or "Louisiana Tech".

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Don't like the usage of "LTU", they should use "LA Tech" or "Louisiana Tech".
    c'mon, we've got bigger things to worry about than that. if you introduce the university as "louisiana tech," then you can use abbreviations afterward. would be just like ethan writing "usu" to refer to utah state. no big deal.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by roedawg View Post
    Utah St. Coaches luncheon http://utahstateaggies.i360net.com/event/event.php

pretty interesting considering we just played them. He recaps whole trip, why they flew commercial, wht he thinks about us and chairgate.
    It was interesting. Biggest news was that Morrell was told at NMSU to expect Gillenwater to play THIS year, within the next 3-4 weeks.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

On their promotional commercial, we were the team getting played on both the football and basketball highlights. That's not nice!

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I didn't like the Utah coach referring to us as "Lah Tech".

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I didn't like the Utah coach referring to us as "Lah Tech".
    Our Commander in Chief said he wants us to not only go with La. Tech, but to own La. Tech.

+ Reply to Thread