For many people across the state, the new year brings not only a hope for a better future, but the start of a new baseball season. The first week back from Christmas break is the jumping off point, a point at which each team dust off their cleats and rubs a little oil on their gloves. Rogers Hornsby once said "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." I feel the same way Mr. Hornsby, the same way. Once spring rolls around it means the slate is wiped clean, the past is over and everyone is undefeated. It is the time when "next year" becomes "this is our year," and while the start of the high school season does not fit into the traditional spring season, it hold the same significance to those who take the field in the bitter cold of early January.

With that being said... I want to hear predictions for State Champs come May.
Mine will come with little knowledge of what certain teams are returning, so please feel free to let me know if I am way off base, because I am going on historic tradition and last years finishes.

5A-Destrehan
4A-Sam Houston
3A- Parkview Baptist
2A- Sterlington (Wish I could say Menard, but I don't think they will get it done.)
1A- St. Edmund
B- Oak Hill
C- Reeves