+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball starts this week!!!

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Baseball starts this week!!!

For many people across the state, the new year brings not only a hope for a better future, but the start of a new baseball season. The first week back from Christmas break is the jumping off point, a point at which each team dust off their cleats and rubs a little oil on their gloves. Rogers Hornsby once said "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." I feel the same way Mr. Hornsby, the same way. Once spring rolls around it means the slate is wiped clean, the past is over and everyone is undefeated. It is the time when "next year" becomes "this is our year," and while the start of the high school season does not fit into the traditional spring season, it hold the same significance to those who take the field in the bitter cold of early January.

With that being said... I want to hear predictions for State Champs come May.
    Mine will come with little knowledge of what certain teams are returning, so please feel free to let me know if I am way off base, because I am going on historic tradition and last years finishes.

5A-Destrehan
    4A-Sam Houston
    3A- Parkview Baptist
    2A- Sterlington (Wish I could say Menard, but I don't think they will get it done.)
    1A- St. Edmund
    B- Oak Hill
    C- Reeves

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Baseball starts this week!!!

Sylvan Hills will win 5-A.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I love HS baseball but I hated practicing this early in the year. As cold as it is now, about the only thing you can do is run and throw the ball in the gym.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I love HS baseball but I hated practicing this early in the year. As cold as it is now, about the only thing you can do is run and throw the ball in the gym.
    An 11-year old team asked me to coach them this year. We had a practice yesterday in our arctic weather here in Ruston. Eight of the ten players showed up. Amazing. Had a great practice.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

I love this weather, it lets you know who really wanbts to get better and who is just out there to get a suntan.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I have a vested interest in the Benton team this year. I am helping with their field. We got a beautiful stand of ryegrass out there.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I have a vested interest in the Benton team this year. I am helping with their field. We got a beautiful stand of ryegrass out there.
    Wish I could say the same. I put out 150 pounds on our field at Plainview and it rained that night and washed all down into the leftfield corner.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    Wish I could say the same. I put out 150 pounds on our field at Plainview and it rained that night and washed all down into the leftfield corner.

Did you seed the entire field or just the infield? We put out 1000+ lbs. I'm going back to give it some fertilizer soon. At least before the home opener.

The whole field... class C with no budget and no community support. Coming out of my pocket for what we put down already.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    The whole field... class C with no budget and no community support. Coming out of my pocket for what we put down already.

What school BLUE? What you gotta do is find one business man with deep pockets that loves baseball. Tough to do, but that is how I've seen it done here. Concentrate on your infield. If I can offer some advice I would be glad to help.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    What school BLUE? What you gotta do is find one business man with deep pockets that loves baseball. Tough to do, but that is how I've seen it done here. Concentrate on your infield. If I can offer some advice I would be glad to help.
    Plainview... big basketball community, hard to find any money that isn't ear marked for the Basketball team.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Minden will make some noise in 4A.

Lost to Holy Cross in the quarters last season, and have a better team coming back.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

Hey Gonzo how is Benton going to look this year?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I'm glad the first Tech baseball game is not tonight. BRRRRRRR.
    Good old Memorial Gym

so nobody is going to give predictions for every class?

+ Reply to Thread