+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Grass

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: Grass

I have a question. My neighbors don't treat their long on a regular basis so I always end up with various things going to seed and the getting into my yard. When would be the best time it pre-emerge to prevent some of that, and is there any one product that is better?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I have a question. My neighbors don't treat their long on a regular basis so I always end up with various things going to seed and the getting into my yard. When would be the best time it pre-emerge to prevent some of that, and is there any one product that is better?

DD, 1st what type of grass do you have? There are a couple of times a year that you can put down pre-emerge to keep their weeds out of your lawn. The Sometime between now and March you need to get your crabgrass control down. It may also be beneficial to put down two applications several weeks apart to extend control through the summer. Then next fall you want to put down a winterizer to prevent the winter annuals like clover, henbit, chickweed, etc. As far as products I'm not too familiar with the "over the counter" stuff since everything I buy is professional grade. If you send let me know what products you are looking and the square footage of the area you are treating I can help you decide and tell you how much to buy and what rate to put it down. One thing to think about, if you can find a good lawn care company to do your lawn most of us offer a discount for refering new business. So you could get your neighbors on and save yourself both the problem and some money. Let me know and if you need some specific instuctions you can call me at my office 318-742-2626.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Gonzo: What do you do about large mushrooms growing in your yard-stuffed with blue cheese, panko bread crumbs, imported parmesan cheese, garlic/basil/oregano? :icon_wink: They're here at work and taking over!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

What about clover?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Lake Weiland is back with this rain today. :bigcry:

You've gotta swing by and "pick up some golf balls" sometime soon. :icon_wink:

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Gonzo: What do you do about large mushrooms growing in your yard-stuffed with blue cheese, panko bread crumbs, imported parmesan cheese, garlic/basil/oregano? :icon_wink: They're here at work and taking over!
    I'll have to stop in this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What about clover?

Guiss, what type of grass do you have? Atlanta is in a transition zone so you could have Southern or Northern grass. Clover is not difficult to control. Try to find a product that contains the active ingredient Triclopyr. Make sure you use the correct rate of application. All that information is on the lable, and the lable may be in a booklet form.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Lake Weiland is back with this rain today. :bigcry:

You've gotta swing by and "pick up some golf balls" sometime soon. :icon_wink:

Swing by, golf balls, get it. I have a lot of balls in case you haven't heard.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Guiss, what type of grass do you have? Atlanta is in a transition zone so you could have Southern or Northern grass. Clover is not difficult to control. Try to find a product that contains the active ingredient Triclopyr. Make sure you use the correct rate of application. All that information is on the lable, and the lable may be in a booklet form.
    This is for my house in Tallahassee. The clover spreads with a vengeance every year. This stuff has a fairly woody stem, and then grows runners. I think it bermuda grass.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    This is for my house in Tallahassee. The clover spreads with a vengeance every year. This stuff has a fairly woody stem, and then grows runners. I think it bermuda grass.

If it's bermuda you are in luck. Bermuda is very herbicide tolerant. You can apply most herbicides at higher rates on Bermuda. The triclopyr that I mentioned will smoke clover. But if it hangs on try some Image (imazaquin). I'm assuming you have something you can spray it with but if not check out a Solo backpack sprayer. You can get one from Lowes for about $90. If all else fails call one of the local lawn care companies.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Or you could just spray some RoundUp and Goal mix, that should clear up your problem. :icon_wink:

Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke1977 View Post
    Or you could just spray some RoundUp and Goal mix, that should clear up your problem. :icon_wink:

Actually you can spray RoundUp on dormant bermuda. Driving ranges do it all the time.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Sorry I got real busy and haven't posted much on here. I am not sure what type of grass was laid down. I will check and get back with you, on the product names etc.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Actually you can spray RoundUp on dormant bermuda. Driving ranges do it all the time.
    You can actually spray about a pint/acre and be OK.

can anyone tell me what this is and how to kill it. My neighbors let their yards get overrun with it and now it is creeping into my yard. It has the little white flowering tips.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread