+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final AP poll has boise finishing 4th

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Re: Final AP poll has boise finishing 4th

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I'll gloss over the whole "mid major" argument since we have plenty of threads on that.

But I'm not sure I understand your position. When a Tech fan says he likes Boise, it's a relative thing. Do you like Idaho or Utah State better than Boise? Would rather the WAC standings say 1. Tech 2. Boise or 1. Tech 2. Hawaii.

I can understand not caring very much, but when someone on here says they like Boise I think that's all they mean. They prefer that Boise win to Fresno (and obviously compared to other non-WAC teams).

You don't pull for our conference mates in their OOC games? Do you not think that a stronger WAC is good for Tech?
    A stronger WAC is good for tech...but I could care less about which team in the WAC is contributing to the strength of the WAC... I am not knocking oldedawg for liking Boise I was stating my position because he asked me why I didnt like Boise.... The only time I have said anything negative about a tech fan liking Boise was during this thread...

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...353#post794353

This was just over the top IMO...

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by buck_dawg_gold View Post
    I am a fan of Tech I cant see myself routing for another team in our conference. I wuold hate for us to finish one two and two one with Boise... When boise wins they get the the press not the WAC... Most of America probably believes that Boise plays in the Mountain West.... The BCS bowl money is a great thing but other than that I could care less about who represents the WAC in a BCS bowl. If it is not us then I have nothing to cheer for....Seondly very few thugs if any go to college so to label a team as thugs doesn't make much sense to me... I like the fact that Boise success contributes to BCS anarchy but any other mid major program would do the same in the same position....
    A lot of thugs go to college on minority scolarships and government money. Alot more play sports in college. ie: Miami, Florida St., Hawaii, Tennessee...I mean look in the news at how many college players are getting arrested. Then follow players after their playing days are over and see how many end up in jail. It happens alot.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    A lot of thugs go to college on minority scolarships and government money. Alot more play sports in college. ie: Miami, Florida St., Hawaii, Tennessee...I mean look in the news at how many college players are getting arrested. Then follow players after their playing days are over and see how many end up in jail. It happens alot.
    Thugs aren't the only people that go to school with government money. It's not a bad thing to do that, especially in today's competitive and economic climate.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Thugs aren't the only people that go to school with government money. It's not a bad thing to do that, especially in today's competitive and economic climate.
    I never said they were the only ones... don't make this into an issue that it is not.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

A lot of thugs go to college on minority scolarships and government money.
    Alot more play sports in college. ie: Miami, Florida St., Hawaii, Tennessee...I mean look in the news at how many college players are getting arrested. Then follow players after their playing days are over and see how many end up in jail. It happens alot.

Who said that thugs are always "minorities"? That is a discriminatory statement you just made there buddy. If it were not for "minority" scholarships, so many of Tech's greatest players wouldnt have given us the pleasure of watching their performances in Tech uniforms. You need to come better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by dogtek View Post
    Who said that thugs are always "minorities"? That is a discriminatory statement you just made there buddy. If it were not for "minority" scholarships, so many of Tech's greatest players wouldnt have given us the pleasure of watching their performances in Tech uniforms. You need to come better than that.
    I did say minority scholarships, however, I did not say ALL were on minority scholarships. Also, depending on the school, a white person could be considered a minority... once again don't turn this into a race issue Al Sharpton.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I did say minority scholarships, however, I did not say ALL were on minority scholarships. Also, depending on the school, a white person could be considered a minority... once again don't turn this into a race issue Al Sharpton.

you made it into a race issue. You could have just said government grants but NOOOOO you want to make it clear that you were talking about minorities. That's ok, we all know what you meant (what you said). Good thing for you is that many here don't have a problem with what you said at all because they share the exact same sentiment.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

you made it into a race issue. You could have just said government grants but NOOOOO you want to make it clear that you were talking about minorities. That's ok, we all know what you meant (what you said). Good thing for you is that many here don't have a problem with what you said at all because they share the exact same sentiment.
    Just shut up.............are you teatech or what???

BLUE collar meant nothing by it and you know it.

So is it lonely? You know up there on your pedestal. I said minority scolarships because it is how some minorities afford to go to college and I said government grants to include those going to college on the government dime that are not in the minority. Therefore I was not being racist in any way, because I included both the minority and the majority and how they both had an equal chance of : A) using outside funds to enroll in college, and B) act as a thug does in college.

+ Reply to Thread