+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tough Decision

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough Decision

I have been offered a job in New Orleans (where I want to be). They are offering me the money I have requested, car, moving expenses, sign on bonus, incentive program for growth, etc... Everything I need. My Board here in Texas is, not only, matching everything, but going way above the offer in Louisiana now. I am really torn. It would be easier to stay where I am (and closer to Tech games), not have to sell my house and go through the hassle of buying another house, etc.... At the same time, it is New Orleans.

I love the job I am in. I can be creative and, basically, work my own hours. The other one is an 8 to 5 type job. I have some huge decisions to make and each place keeps upping the amount. I have more ability to affect change in the system where I am and am in a position to really set a national model. It is just a much larger system and different than anything in the country. So, that makes me want to stay for a while longer and move it forward some more.

Really torn, so please just think of me and say a little prayer, if you pray. This is a big decision and I have to make it by Monday. Both are still crunching numbers and making offers right now, but I have asked that the final offer be by 5 today, because I can't keep doing this for another week.

I have about decided to just stay where I am with all the increased salary and benefits that have been promised. I think in 3 more years, it will be recognized as the most innovative program in the country in this field. I lean toward taking it there and then seeing what I can find in New Orleans. Just don't know, though........

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Tough Decision

Based on your description of the choices, I would stay put. Getting off work everyday at 5 would be nice though.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Prayers coming your way.

FWIW, the grass is not always greener...:icon_wink:

And Guiss is right....reread what you wrote, and you'll find your answer....just IMO.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I think you get to a point when you have to get feedback to even know what you are feeling about the situation. I have been so deep into this week, I just reached the point of not knowing what I want to do.

Appreciate it!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Perhaps I am the answer to your prayers.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Perhaps I am the answer to your prayers.
    Could be.........

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I want to know what you do?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I had no idea that cat raising was so profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Me too!

I am going to take the weekend and do some heavy thinking and, maybe, drinking...... I will know by Sunday. I will post.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    male gigilo
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    male gigilo
    Isn't that redundant? Don't we have a different word for female gigolo?

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Isn't that redundant? Don't we have a different word for female gigolo?
    Bernice girls?

Big Dog bulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldawg03 is a glorious beacon of light bulldawg03's Avatar

If you do have another change of heart, we'd love to have you down here.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I have been offered a job in New Orleans (where I want to be). They are offering me the money I have requested, car, moving expenses, sign on bonus, incentive program for growth, etc... Everything I need. My Board here in Texas is, not only, matching everything, but going way above the offer in Louisiana now. I am really torn. It would be easier to stay where I am (and closer to Tech games), not have to sell my house and go through the hassle of buying another house, etc.... At the same time, it is New Orleans.

I love the job I am in. I can be creative and, basically, work my own hours. The other one is an 8 to 5 type job. I have some huge decisions to make and each place keeps upping the amount. I have more ability to affect change in the system where I am and am in a position to really set a national model. It is just a much larger system and different than anything in the country. So, that makes me want to stay for a while longer and move it forward some more.

Really torn, so please just think of me and say a little prayer, if you pray. This is a big decision and I have to make it by Monday. Both are still crunching numbers and making offers right now, but I have asked that the final offer be by 5 today, because I can't keep doing this for another week.

I have about decided to just stay where I am with all the increased salary and benefits that have been promised. I think in 3 more years, it will be recognized as the most innovative program in the country in this field. I lean toward taking it there and then seeing what I can find in New Orleans. Just don't know, though........
    Sounds like the folks in Texas really consider you an asset and think very highly of you. Going home is not always what you think it will be, IMO.

If you love your job now, and they are willing to do what it takes to keep you, I would hang around east Texas for a bit! Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I had no idea that cat raising was so profitable.
    That is just the side hobby - However, it does make money too.

+ Reply to Thread