+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boise St. #1

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Boise St. #1

Coleman's MinV rankings

This ranking system has the best retrodictive accuracy of all ranking systems by minimizing the number of times a game's winner is ranked behind the team it defeated.

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/minv.htm

1. Boise St.
    2. Alabama
    3. Texas
    4. Florida
    5. Ohio St.
    6. TCU
    7. Iowa
    8. Penn St.
    9. Oregon
    10. Cincinnati

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Boise St. #1

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Coleman's MinV rankings

This ranking system has the best retrodictive accuracy of all ranking systems by minimizing the number of times a game's winner is ranked behind the team it defeated.

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/minv.htm

1. Boise St.
    2. Alabama
    3. Texas
    4. Florida
    5. Ohio St.
    6. TCU
    7. Iowa
    8. Penn St.
    9. Oregon
    10. Cincinnati
    I don't know that I think they should be #1 but I do think it's completely unfair they aren't #2. Aren't they the only other undefeated team besides Alabama?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

There is no one who can truthfully say that they aren't as deserving as Alabama. Until the games are played on the field instead of on paper, the country will never know. Maybe they win and maybe they don't but they deserve the chance.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

BSU played a hell of a game against TCU!

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

Boise would win in a game with Alabama....

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

I don't think they would beat Bama but I would pull for them and they would not quit...

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Pat Forde says he will have them as Number #1 coming into next year. I think that is a big compliment. He says some good things in this article like with wins against VA Tech and Oregon State next season Boise will get some national respect. They beat Oregon and 5 bowl teams this year and didn't get any respect, so I don't know if that holds too much weight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...2&sportCat=ncf

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    Pat Forde says he will have them as Number #1 coming into next year. I think that is a big compliment. He says some good things in this article like with wins against VA Tech and Oregon State next season Boise will get some national respect. They beat Oregon and 5 bowl teams this year and didn't get any respect, so I don't know if that holds too much weight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...2&sportCat=ncf
    Yup. non-AQ conference teams will never get respect, or at least not any respect that transcends a basic "attaboy" for winning a particular game.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

Guys Boise is good, but they wouldn't beat Bama or Texas

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    He's right.

Well, mostly. Boise could win, and very well might, but it would only be 1-2 out of 10 times, and most of that would be on the back of excellent coaching.

It all comes down to the trenches. The big boys like Texas and Bama get the best of the best linemen in the country, and it's just flat hard to play against a team if you're that whipped up front.

That being said, Boise did have a very good DL this year. I would have really liked to see them go up against a highly-touted OL.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The fact is that we DO NOT know if Boise would win or not. The reasons stated that they would not are the same reasons stated when they won the Fiesta Bowl before this one. I happen to think that Boise knows how to win against ANY opponent - regardless of size and strength.

Boise is #1 in my eyes. No one has proved otherwise.

LaTech Occupy Gameday Czar! techfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to beholdtechfan01 is a splendid one to behold

I just think Alabama would dominate both the offensive and defensive lines. In no way do I see Boise stopping Mark Ingram, or Trent Richardson. Boise may win 1 out of 10, but I think there is no doubt Alabama is the best team in College Football. Also if you give Nick Saban a month to prepare for your team, then I think you go into the game with a disadvantage from the beginning. He is the best coach in the game in my eyes.

Now with Texas I think Boise matches up better but still don't see them being able to beat them. Mack Brown is a pretty good coach and Will Muschamp is an awesome defensive coordinator. I think the athleticism and the depth would be to much for Boise in the long run.

But who knows anyone can beat anyone on anyday. I wish we didn't have to have this discussion, I think the whole country would like to see Boise and Bama play

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I just think Alabama would dominate both the offensive and defensive lines. In no way do I see Boise stopping Mark Ingram, or Trent Richardson. Boise may win 1 out of 10, but I think there is no doubt Alabama is the best team in College Football. Also if you give Nick Saban a month to prepare for your team, then I think you go into the game with a disadvantage from the beginning. He is the best coach in the game in my eyes.

Now with Texas I think Boise matches up better but still don't see them being able to beat them. Mack Brown is a pretty good coach and Will Muschamp is an awesome defensive coordinator. I think the athleticism and the depth would be to much for Boise in the long run.

But who knows anyone can beat anyone on anyday. I wish we didn't have to have this discussion, I think the whole country would like to see Boise and Bama play

Sorry but Coach Pete is light years ahead of Saban and really everyone else when preparing an offensive gameplan. If given time he will pick apart a defense. But then again I think TCU has a better defense then Bama and that if McCoy were healthy Texas wins the NC by 14-17 points. I wasn't impressed at all by Bama's showing in the BCS title game.

All that being said I think Bama wins a tight one against Boise by grinding it out and wearing them down in the 4th quarter, maybe winning by 10-14. But that being said I wouldn't be shocked if Boise won the game.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The fact is that we DO NOT know if Boise would win or not. The reasons stated that they would not are the same reasons stated when they won the Fiesta Bowl before this one. I happen to think that Boise knows how to win against ANY opponent - regardless of size and strength.

Boise is #1 in my eyes. No one has proved otherwise.
    Agreed 14-0 Boise is #1 in my eyes too, But your right we'll never know for sure!!

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

And you know this how?

+ Reply to Thread