+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Boise St. #1

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Re: Boise St. #1

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    What he is saying is if you shut their running game down they don't have much.
    Thats exactly what I meant!!!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    What makes revenues greater in CUSA? Is that NCAA hoops money, which will phase out going forward, and of which, as a new member (should we join) Tech would not be eligible for anyway?????

Is it the remnants of the ESPN contract that too is phasing out and of which NO WAY does CUSA get such a sweet deal next time? In fact, the WAC has waaaaaaay more attractive teams that ESPN is interested in, led by Boazy, of course, but not just them. Fresno is also a darling of ESPN and Nevada and Hawaii are also attractive.

Is it based on the last several BCS payouts where the WAC smoked CUSA? This year $7.7 million to 2.6 million, and of which, it is likely to continue next year and beyond in favor of the WAC?

I "ignored" it because I don't think it holds much merit going forward.
    PLEASE pass me what you are smoking if you think we would have gotten the contract we got without Boise and it looks like you still live in the Boise is staying in the WAC fantasyland. ....Keep dreaming.

You can keep ignoring it and put disclaimers on it. But CUSA brings in more money. And if you want to talk about fading bb revenue because of a likely Memphis departure then fading BCS revenue from Boise leaving is most certainly in play. Not to mention the fact that you won't be spending an arm and a leg on travel expenses so you actually get to keep more of what you earn.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

PLEASE pass me what you are smoking if you think we would have gotten the contract we got without Boise and it looks like you still live in the Boise is staying in the WAC fantasyland. ....Keep dreaming.

You can keep ignoring it and put disclaimers on it. But CUSA brings in more money. And if you want to talk about fading bb revenue because of a likely Memphis departure then fading BCS revenue from Boise leaving is most certainly in play. Not to mention the fact that you won't be spending an arm and a leg on travel expenses so you actually get to keep more of what you earn.
    Show me the money!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan01 View Post
    I just think Alabama would dominate both the offensive and defensive lines. In no way do I see Boise stopping Mark Ingram, or Trent Richardson. Boise may win 1 out of 10, but I think there is no doubt Alabama is the best team in College Football. Also if you give Nick Saban a month to prepare for your team, then I think you go into the game with a disadvantage from the beginning. He is the best coach in the game in my eyes.

Now with Texas I think Boise matches up better but still don't see them being able to beat them. Mack Brown is a pretty good coach and Will Muschamp is an awesome defensive coordinator. I think the athleticism and the depth would be to much for Boise in the long run.

But who knows anyone can beat anyone on anyday. I wish we didn't have to have this discussion, I think the whole country would like to see Boise and Bama play
    They couldn't beat Oklahoma either, with Adrien Peterson. Oh, wait....
    Good old Memorial Gym

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I'm veering toward the fantasy land your talking about (though I would still support a move to CUSA even if BSU were to stay in the WAC...now, if the WAC got us a quality travel partner, that's another consideration).

The simple fact is, MWC could have Boise anytime they want. Why haven't they grabbed them yet? The reason is that it doesn't make financial sense to add them unless they were guaranteed to become an AQ conference. That is NOT going to happen anytime soon. The BCS and it's AQ conferences have nothing to gain from it. There will be no BCS expansion on the conference scale. If The Pac 10 or the Big 12 were to grab one of the top 3, the MWC is even less desirable for BSU.

I just don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Boise is going to be in the MWC in the near future. Further, the chances of this happening without more widespread expansion are even smaller.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

+ Reply to Thread