+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dooley - What if?

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Re: Dooley - What if?

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    For those games you mentioned I can name a MTSU, Rice, a D1AA team, a complete meltdown at LSU, a backwoods beating by Penn State.....

....with Dooley and co. there is no one in the nation except outside the top 2 or 3 teams that I do not think we can beat.......with Bicknell I was just damn glad to get the wins when they came - we were floating day to day with Bicknell while he was trying to survive - now we are building for the future and should be good in 2010 and real good in 2011.
    I'll see your pitiful games and raise you the Nevada game DD's first year. Bowl game on the line and one of the absolutely worst performances I've ever seen. No cold weather gear (none of ours had the swoosh), poor game plan. Players quit. Like I have said, I think things are looking up, but to deny that Jack had some success with very little support and an AD that whored out the team is not correct.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    I'll see your pitiful games and raise you the Nevada game DD's first year. Bowl game on the line and one of the absolutely worst performances I've ever seen. No cold weather gear (none of ours had the swoosh), poor game plan. Players quit. Like I have said, I think things are looking up, but to deny that Jack had some success with very little support and an AD that whored out the team is not correct.

I agree with the point about the uphill battle that Bicknell had to fight but Nevada was not as bad as the games MTSU, Rice, SFA, etc.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Thumbs Down Re: Dooley - What if?

This discussion is almost unblievable. DD has been at Tech for three years, coming to the University following 10 years of the school residing in an athletics desert. In 2006 Tech had an home attendance average of 14,586 while the BCS average was 45,828. The 2009 average home attendance is slighty over 20,000, almost 50% more. Tailgating at Tech has become a North Louisiana social event and kids programs are producing the fans and athletes of the future. Alumni financial support for athletics is up dramatically and growing. Tech athletics is routinely on national and regional television (football 8 times in 09). The facilities are being improved almost monthly. University support for athletes has been upgraded, DD seems to have facilitated an understanding of the value of national exposure to the total university. All of this will improve Tech's ability to attract competitive athletes and it is showing, Tech recruits are of considerably higher quality than in the past. Coaches across all sports have been upgraded and programs such as mens and womens basketball are again performing with national recognition. Digging out from the bottom of the barrel is a process it does not happen overnight. Who do you guys think you are, LSU or Alabama? Give me a break we are still trying to get phase one accomplished, back to where we were when I was at Tech, parity with Southern Miss. Either you guys lack the intelligence I hoped resided in the brains of Tech graduates or you are really guys from our opoponents hoping to run DD off before he completes our transformation to a competitive BCS school. You could help rather than hinder by contributing a minimum of $1000 each to LTAC.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    This discussion is almost unblievable. DD has been at Tech for three years, coming to the University following 10 years of the school residing in an athletics desert. In 2006 Tech had an home attendance average of 14,586 while the BCS average was 45,828. The 2009 average home attendance is slighty over 20,000, almost 50% more. Tailgating at Tech has become a North Louisiana social event and kids programs are producing the fans and athletes of the future. Alumni financial support for athletics is up dramatically and growing. Tech athletics is routinely on national and regional television (football 8 times in 09). The facilities are being improved almost monthly. University support for athletes has been upgraded, DD seems to have facilitated an understanding of the value of national exposure to the total university. All of this will improve Tech's ability to attract competitive athletes and it is showing, Tech recruits are of considerably higher quality than in the past. Coaches across all sports have been upgraded and programs such as mens and womens basketball are again performing with national recognition. Digging out from the bottom of the barrel is a process it does not happen overnight. Who do you guys think you are, LSU or Alabama? Give me a break we are still trying to get phase one accomplished, back to where we were when I was at Tech, parity with Southern Miss. Either you guys lack the intelligence I hoped resided in the brains of Tech graduates or you are really guys from our opoponents hoping to run DD off before he completes our transformation to a competitive BCS school. You could help rather than hinder by contributing a minimum of $1000 each to LTAC.
    Hell no, buddy. You're new on here and apparently don't know who I am and how I feel about the university and its current situation. This thread is just a big goof-off, and I couldn't be happier about how things are going here. Everyone here understands just how great we have it, and that things are looking up every day. We all support Dooley 100%, so just chill! The real discussion is about our university's expectations. IF we start to just nose-dive (totally hypothetically, because I seriously doubt it), would the administration have the gumption to fire Dooley to try and continue the climb? <-- THAT was the question. I'm not doubting Dooley whatsoever, and am having a lot of fun as a Tech fan. I drive to every football game, and some basketball and baseball games from Baton Rouge, PLUS some away games. I donate to LTAC and have season tickets. I don't need to be reminded of what it is to be a Tech fan, nor do the vast majority of people on this board.

Also, welcome to the BBB, and we're glad to have you here. Just relax a little

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I think you're discussing DD the Athletic Director more than DD the Head Coach. If you think this discussion is unbelieveable, you're in for a real shock here on BBB. Any conversation is fair game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I think you're discussing DD the Athletic Director more than DD the Head Coach. If you think this discussion is unbelieveable, you're in for a real shock here on BBB. Any conversation is fair game.
    Looks like he's been a member for a while and just "snapped" when he read this thread. It was a pretty good post. $1000 to LTAC may be a little stiff for some of us other than H.D., DFIH, or Dogtor though.

Varsity Bulldog dogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogtek Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Looks like he's been a member for a while and just "snapped" when he read this thread. It was a pretty good post. $1000 to LTAC may be a little stiff for
    some of us other than H.D., DFIH, or Dogtor though

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogtek View Post

What you rollin' your eyes at bitch?

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I agree with the point about the uphill battle that Bicknell had to fight but Nevada was not as bad as the games MTSU, Rice, SFA, etc.
    I agree JB3 coached some bad games. The Rice game was bad, last game, we used our first possession to throw a swing pass to a young player named Ryan Moats who fumbled and the rout was on. It was some ugly.

But, the Nevada game was the worst game I've ever seen where there was something to play for. Win and we go bowling. We were unprepared and not even close to competitive. Why don't we all pretend it really didn't happen and look forward.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Looks like he's been a member for a while and just "snapped" when he read this thread. It was a pretty good post. $1000 to LTAC may be a little stiff for some of us other than H.D., DFIH, or Dogtor though.
    It got me thinking. I know we had a thread on this topic and maybe I should go reread it. I don't donate $1000 to LTAC. However, I am a season ticket holder in four sports. So far, I haven't sat in any of my seats yet (to be remedied very, very soon). Would it be better for Tech if I dropped all of my season tickets for a bigger donation to LTAC?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I actually loved this post although I don't like the way you phrased this question, "Who do you guys think you are, LSU or Alabama?". Still a very good post.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

While I agree with the rest of your post, I think if you are a Tech alum wouldn't the question be who we are rather than who you are? Who do you think we are? Are you a member of LTAC?

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDAG View Post
    I'll see your pitiful games and raise you the Nevada game DD's first year. Bowl game on the line and one of the absolutely worst performances I've ever seen.
    The Rice game trumps them all. That is the WORST game in Tech football history.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    The Rice game trumps them all. That is the WORST game in Tech football history.
    Losing to DII SFA under JBIII was the worst for us folks over here in Texas.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I'm not like all these sheep on here who commended you for your stupid post. I think your post SUCKS! Why would any LA Tech fan be satisfied with back to back 4-8 records? Duh!

You sound like a ULM fan. Hell, even ULM fired a guy with a better record than 4-8, much less back to back 4-8's.

I know we are still talking hyptheticals here, but if you think dressing up JAS a bit and buying us a new Jumbotron is supposed to make us happy with a head coach posting back to back 4-8 records, then you are sadly mistaken. I assure you, when I walk into the office on Monday morning, the folks I see are NOT interested in hearing about our 20K crowd or our Jumbotron. I will, however, proudly tell them about our big wins, and our bowl invitations.

Don't lose sight of the "Big Picture". The stadium rennovations, improved tailgating and increased national exposure are all good things. But they are all things that any GOOD ATHLETIC DIRECTOR is supposed to do. The other obligation of a good AD is to see that we have a good coach, capable of winning football games. Nobody is gonna care about the new Jumbotron and improved TV coverage, if we can't win games.

One last thing: I like Dooley as much as any Tech fan. But if Dooley "runs off" before our big transformation (something you fretted over in your post), then we'll just get somebody else to do the job.

HD

+ Reply to Thread