+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carroll resigns - Where does USC go from here?

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Carroll resigns - Where does USC go from here?

It appears to be official. What happens to USC next year?

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1038296

Big Dog BOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the roughBOSTON is a jewel in the rough

Re: Carroll resigns - Where does USC go from here?

who gives a crap... they could use some humble pie for a spell... sick and tired of hearing how no one beats USC... they just beat themselves...and the media is totally in love with them... I almost shed a tear when I read an article a few weeks ago dedicated to the topic that USC was having to compete in its first non-BCS bowl this decade....and that t-shirt sales were down because of it.... ahhhh... poor babies!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    It appears to be official. What happens to USC next year?

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1038296
    Weatherbie or whatever his name was?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Could this have anything to do with the investigations that have been going on forever at USC?
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously....how good could he be??? USC was given the benefit of the doubt in the polls after every loss.......May and other clowns (even after 2 losses) were claiming they were the best team in the country (I think that was 2 years ago). They were always in the top of recruiting classes, had a ton of NFL players........and they won 1 NC. Gimme a break. They played in the PAC 10, USC should have rolled the conference every year and walk to the NC.....but no, they would lose 1-2-3 games every year.

He had the best (supposedly) players in the country and could not win it more than once.

Where will USC be......likely on probation thanks to his watch and he gets to walk.

Great recruiter, had great assistants. I would say he is an average college COACH.
    Last edited by Geaux Dawgs; 01-10-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON View Post
    who gives a crap... they could use some humble pie for a spell... sick and tired of hearing how no one beats USC... they just beat themselves...and the media is totally in love with them... I almost shed a tear when I read an article a few weeks ago dedicated to the topic that USC was having to compete in its first non-BCS bowl this decade....and that t-shirt sales were down because of it.... ahhhh... poor babies!!
    I don't like them. I haven't liked them since 1999 when we cracked the Top 25 and got beat there.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

They a-goin' down, down, down, down, down.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

I think Carroll ends up being like Steve Spurrier in the NFL, not terrible but just mediocre at best.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    I think Carroll ends up being like Steve Spurrier in the NFL, not terrible but just mediocre at best.
    He was not too good the first time he tried it.

33-31 I think.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BOSTON View Post
    Nicely stated. I agree.

BTW, Mike Leach is still available if USC needs a new head coach....

HD

Champ teatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeteatech Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    He was not too good the first time he tried it.

33-31 I think.

He'll be better this go around. The division he is in is awful besides Arizona.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    I think the 49ers are on the upside and will end up handling a Carroll led team. The guy just can't coach NFL players.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Nicely stated. I agree.

BTW, Mike Leach is still available if USC needs a new head coach....

HD
    I'd imagine USC is filled with "me first" players. I don't think that would be too good of a fit.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teatech View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I think the 49ers are on the upside and will end up handling a Carroll led team. The guy just can't coach NFL players.
    I do think he will be better this time through. Surely he has learned a few things about coaching since his last NFL shot.

But I really think he is a better recruiter than an X's and O's guy. And that won't help him in the NFL. He's been an outstanding college coach, but how often did he take the field against a team whose talent even remotely approached his own? In the NFL the pure talent is a lot closer to equal across the board every single week.

He'll be ok, but I doubt he'll be the superstar he has been in the college ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I do think he will be better this time through. Surely he has learned a few things about coaching since his last NFL shot.

But I really think he is a better recruiter than an X's and O's guy. And that won't help him in the NFL. He's been an outstanding college coach, but how often did he take the field against a team whose talent even remotely approached his own? In the NFL the pure talent is a lot closer to equal across the board every single week.

He'll be ok, but I doubt he'll be the superstar he has been in the college ranks.
    Though Carroll may have had the final say on plays and such, the only reason he was successful was USC's resources and his assistants. Just the success rate of his assistants after they left USC is enough to convince me of that. He's manager and mentor more than anything else, imo. He hasn't changed anything, from what I can tell, over his entire career (not including things like individual plays, offenses, or defenses).

+ Reply to Thread