+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McGwire says he DID

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Baseball Re: McGwire says he DID

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    This guy says Bagwell was one of the game's worst offenders when it comes to steroids:

http://baseballevolution.com/asher/b...onspiracy.html
    From the bottom of the article in your link:

Important Note: This article has been getting far more attention in 2007 than it ever did in 2004. Back when I wrote this, people always used to get that it was a satire, a joke, a farce.
    Did Bagwell juice? I don't know...everyone from that era will always have questions regarding their numbers, guilty or not. As an Astro fan, I wish Bagwell would speak out about it more, and I hope if he is guilty, he confesses, and hopefully in a more honest manner than Big Mac. It was absurd to hear him talk about how steroids didn't help his performance, didn't help him hit more HR's, etc. I almost wish he would've remained silent (something for which I've always criticized him).

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: McGwire says he DID

If there is ANY hint of steriod use the HOF will not come close to inducting anyone...

Houston has already been tainted by KNOWN users Clemons & Petite and Bagwell is the next to fall - Biggio will be lumped in with these three...

Sosa will not even SNIFF the Hall....

I don't look for any of these players to get close to 40% on the ballots within the next decade...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Baseball Re: McGwire says he DID

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Houston has already been tainted by KNOWN users Clemons & Petite and Bagwell is the next to fall - Biggio will be lumped in with these three...
    You're leaving out Caminiti, too. If you're going to lump in Biggio, I don't see how you can't lump in someone like a Derek Jeter.

Heck, you can pretty much just draw a line in the history books starting around 1990.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

I tend to forget about Caminiti...

But yes - they all will be lumped together...

Unless something breaks - I think Griffey Jr will probably be one of the few who comes out of this era "clean"....

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

I tend to forget about Caminiti...

But yes - they all will be lumped together...

Unless something breaks - I think Griffey Jr will probably be one of the few who comes out of this era "clean"....
    How can you say Griffey will be clean if Biggio isn't? That makes no sense...

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

If there is ANY hint of steriod use the HOF will not come close to inducting anyone...

Sosa will not even SNIFF the Hall....

I don't look for any of these players to get close to 40% on the ballots within the next decade...
    You think Biggio will be lumped in there? I dont think so. His power numbers were just okay and I dont remember him being under suspicion all that much. I think Bagwell will be under a shadow of doubt, but I see Biggio getting in. Maybe not first time, but that would be more to do with his number not blowing you away, even with 3000 hits, but his numbers not being off the charts might be the reason he is inducted into the HOF (less cloud over them).

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    How can you say Griffey will be clean if Biggio isn't? That makes no sense...
    there has never even been a hint that Griffey was a user - physically he was a freak

Bonds, Bagwell, Conseco, McGwire etal weren't

Usually there is a link - and no link has been connected to jr

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    You think Biggio will be lumped in there? I dont think so. His power numbers were just okay and I dont remember him being under suspicion all that much. I think Bagwell will be under a shadow of doubt, but I see Biggio getting in. Maybe not first time, but that would be more to do with his number not blowing you away, even with 3000 hits, but his numbers not being off the charts might be the reason he is inducted into the HOF (less cloud over them).
    Biggio will be guilty by association bt the writers - right or wrong - due to the perceived rampant use within the Houston organization

Personally - I think he was clean

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

there has never even been a hint that Griffey was a user - physically he was a freak

Bonds, Bagwell, Conseco, McGwire etal weren't

Usually there is a link - and no link has been connected to jr
    But what did Biggio do that was freakish or out of norm? He hit a few more bombs his last few years, but his average paid for it and they were never a ridiculous amount.

I think there is a higher chance that Griffey took them than Biggio just because of injury issues, but that is not fair either, but how I feel.

Biggio will be guilty by association bt the writers - right or wrong - due to the perceived rampant use within the Houston organization

Interesting, I guess I could see that, but I, like you, think he was clean.

I think he might be punished for association the first few years, but I see him getting eventually. He was a ball player, playing wherever he could contribute and his team needed him. I remember going to his second to last home game, and he started the game at catcher, then moved to outfield, then finished up at second. It was awesome, and I was never a huge Stros fan.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    But what did Biggio do that was freakish or out of norm? He hit a few more bombs his last few years, but his average paid for it and they were never a ridiculous amount.

I think there is a higher chance that Griffey took them than Biggio just because of injury issues, but that is not fair either, but how I feel.
    All I'm saying is that Biggio will not be looked at seperately by the writers due to the fact he was teammated with most of the others...

Nothing more, nothing less -

He was the second best 2nd baseman in my lifetime behind Ryne Sandberg...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

He was the second best 2nd baseman in my lifetime behind Ryne Sandberg...
    Joe Morgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Joe Morgan?
    Joe was winding down by the time I became "knowledgeable"

Sandberg was taking off as Joe was stepping out the door -

Joe is arguably the best in the past 40 years -

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I sure wish we could have won a few pennants with all of that steriod use. :bigcry::bigcry:

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Joe Morgan?
    I was gonna say "Rogers Hornsby?", but that was more like Mick's day.

+ Reply to Thread