+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USA Today summary of our season

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

USA Today summary of our season

I know this is late, but I don't remember seeing it. Pretty good recap of our season:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle.../wac/ltech.htm
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Re: USA Today summary of our season

I agree with you. Thanks for the link!

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Generally a good review of the '09 season and noting what bodes well for '10.

It had a couple of omissions that suprised me and that was not mentioning Antonio Baker as a key departing senior nor mentioning him as a pro prospect.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote USA Today: "TE Dennis Morris -- It may be a bit of a long shot to think he'd be a draft pick, but the 6-2, 265-pound Morris did prove to be one of the nation's better collegiate tight ends in 2009, with team highs in receptions (38), yards (623) and touchdowns (12)."

Why would it be a long shot to think that one of the nation's better collegiate tight ends would be a draft pick?

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Quote USA Today: "TE Dennis Morris -- It may be a bit of a long shot to think he'd be a draft pick, but the 6-2, 265-pound Morris did prove to be one of the nation's better collegiate tight ends in 2009, with team highs in receptions (38), yards (623) and touchdowns (12)."

Why would it be a long shot to think that one of the nation's better collegiate tight ends would be a draft pick?
    Good question - seems like the facts didn't fit someone preconceived notions about players previously unknown to them i.e. how could someone be good that I wasn't aware of??? Good thing the pro's will look at anyone that can perform and I think Dennis showed that he is going to give his best shot at making it.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

If DMo catches on with the right team, he'll make some serious noise from Day 1. He could really thrive with at a team like Houston, which relies heavily on the pass and really features the TE as part of its offense (Owen Daniels, James Casey). I'm sure he'll be successful anywhere he ends up, but if he is picked up by a team that really spreads the field and can get him the ball in space, look out. Not sure about his run blocking, but his receiving skills and speed are without question. Could be one of the steals of the draft

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Its good to see that our 4-8 season WAS looked at closely and thought of as a 'record doesn't always mean what it looks like.' I think its also why we aren't taking much heat from the local 'envy' crowd about how ours record isn't as good as theirs.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Rob McGill had another year of eligibility.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I thought Rob McGill had another year of eligibility.
    He does.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

I'm ready for next year. Need to price airline tickets to Boise.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Drafted or not D-Mo will play at the next level.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Drafted or not D-Mo will play at the next level.
    I totally agree, and I think he will be drafted.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread