+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jim Oakes

Puppy Buckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really niceBuckdawg is just really nice Buckdawg's Avatar

Jim Oakes

Is still around town. I bet he would come back and resume the AD job.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Jim Oakes

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I know you were kidding, but I don't think he would if he could. His three boys will start high school at Cedar Creek next year. He coaches them in junior high ball. He seems relaxed and very happy. You probably couldn't pay him enough to go back.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

That's good

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    I know you were kidding, but I don't think he would if he could. His three boys will start high school at Cedar Creek next year. He coaches them in junior high ball. He seems relaxed and very happy. You probably couldn't pay him enough to go back.
    Pay him enough? I wouldn't want that joakes around our AD on a volunteer basis.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Pay him enough? I wouldn't want that joakes around our AD on a volunteer basis.
    I will not let that go unchallenged. He is a good man. He loves Tech as much as you do. He is gone. He is not bothering you. You are just being ignorant now and showing your damned ass.

Thank you guys for moving this where it belongs.

Varsity Bulldog Iceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the rough

At least Jim had a personality and would visit with the fans. My family has had the same season tickets since the TAC opened and Dooley acted like it pissed him off to have to speak to me. I'm glad he's gone, good riddens.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Well he is history now. BTW, Iceman, keep doing your thing at the TAC (assuming that is you in the avatar). We need more fans like ya brother!

Varsity Bulldog Iceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the roughIceman is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Well he is history now. BTW, Iceman, keep doing your thing at the TAC (assuming that is you in the avatar). We need more fans like ya brother!
    Yes, that's me, and I will try my best. LOL

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Oakes was approachable and a pretty nice guy. He didn't execute and that was my problem with him.

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Oaks was more personable but just wasn't getting it done. It was definitely time for a fresh start. Dooley was a jerk to most people but appeared to be driven and determined. If he didn't need something from you he didn't acknowledge you. People around here simply do not like that quality as it comes across as rude.

I guess that I'll take a rude coach/ad who is successful over a nice coach that is not... Hard to find the complete package.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

I wish I was computer savvy enough to post that 'crying girl saying "leave Brittany alone"!!!

Jim was the right man for the job when he came in, but just didn't have the contacts, influence or vision needed to go any further. I grew up with Jim and wish him only happiness and prosperity in what ever he is doing now! No matter what you think or thought of Jim, he is a Tech Man through and through. Let's not turn on our own now that times are good!

This thread is where it belongs in the Flamer's Pit!

DFiH

Quote Originally Posted by BulldawgBB View Post
    Oaks was more personable but just wasn't getting it done. It was definitely time for a fresh start. Dooley was a jerk to most people but appeared to be driven and determined. If he didn't need something from you he didn't acknowledge you. People around here simply do not like that quality as it comes across as rude.

I guess that I'll take a rude coach/ad who is successful over a nice coach that is not... Hard to find the complete package.
    It's strange that it seems like the more money people make the less they have a personality, even when someone in that kind of position should be smart enough to at least smile and nod, even if they hate the SOB. In upper management we were always told to be nice in public and an ass behind closed doors. In all the years I worked, most of the people I despised never knew I didn't like them. LOL

+ Reply to Thread