+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAC Football a Big Hit on ESPN-WACSports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

WAC Football a Big Hit on ESPN-WACSports.com

A new article has been posted on www.wacsports.com:

The end of the decade proved to be the best season ever for the WAC in terms of ESPN viewership. The WAC's 12 games on ESPN or ESPN2 during the regular season averaged a 1.6 rating, the highest ever for the league in a single season. One ratings point represents just under one million households watching the game.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: WAC Football a Big Hit on ESPN-WACSports.com

That is great news for WAC and future negotiations. I wonder what the ratings were for Tech games?

Big Dog DogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the roughDogDawg is a jewel in the rough

Looks like 4 games totaled a 10 rating. Average was a 1.6 rating for all 12 games (a 19.2 total rating). Thus,

10 + 8x = 19.2
    8x = 9.2
    and x = 1.15

So, if I did my math right , I think it's ok to say that Tech games atleast had 1 million viewers. Not bad!!

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

I would like to see a comparison of games from the other conferences.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baddawg View Post
    I would like to see a comparison of games from the other conferences.
    We are told, by at least one poster, that CUSA trumps the WAC in.....well, everything. So, surely the other 6 Top 10 games featured CUSA schools.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We are told, by at least one poster, that CUSA trumps the WAC in.....well, everything. So, surely the other 6 Top 10 games featured CUSA schools.
    I'm sure there were several regular season CUSA games played, but the only ones I remember involved Houston and Tulsa. Tulsa playing a WAC team. Who else?

We had a nice audience in our home games against Boise and Hawaii.

I wonder what kind of market share the sunbelch network got on their games.

I predict the USM and Navy games will get at least regional coverage next year. We may also get national coverage @ Boise and against Fresno.

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

How much money do we make from ESPN?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'm sure there were several regular season CUSA games played, but the only ones I remember involved Houston and Tulsa. Tulsa playing a WAC team. Who else?

We had a nice audience in our home games against Boise and Hawaii.

I wonder what kind of market share the sunbelch network got on their games.

I predict the USM and Navy games will get at least regional coverage next year. We may also get national coverage @ Boise and against Fresno.
    Of course I think the headline should read . . . "Thanks to LA TECH and Boise State WAC football cable games a hit".

See what happens when the conference hires a PR firm for your top team so news releases like these can be disseminated? the Boise beat goes on for another year it looks like.

Maddawg, aren't all service academy games on CBS College Sports like our Navy game was this year?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

Maddawg, aren't all service academy games on CBS College Sports like our Navy game was this year?
    I'm sure Navy was unless there was a conflict with another network, but I'm not sure about Army.

Although that is much better coverage than any of the belch teams will get, I didn't include that as "national coverage" since some providers don't offer it on the standard package.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

The Army home games were also on CBS College Sports. I guess AFA is the lone exception due to its affiliation with the MWC.

+ Reply to Thread