+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bona Fide

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Bona Fide

Well, folks, I think we're on the verge of the big time here.

For one thing, this is the biggest meltdown in BB&B history! For another, the "most users online" record has been broken at least twice today.

More seriously, though, much like when Crowton left, we are poised to make a leap forward and be even better than we have been under Dooley. The HUGE differences between then and now, though, are that 1) Dooley actually left a solid foundation of infrastructure and organization that the next coach can build on and 2) we now have an AD who's head is on the outside of his britches and will not be doing silly crap like hiring an assistant just to keep from having to hire new assistants. Oh, and unlike then, Dr. Reneau seems to really get that his legacy can be tarnished if athletics wanes under his watch.

The next 72 hours are going to be key. Make a big-time hire and this whole drama will be nothing more than the slight lag you get when you press the clutch to switch to a higher gear. Make a solid but not big-time hire and we'll experience some jerkiness in the switch and may lag for a while, which will keep us moving in a positive direction, but will allow others to continue to outpace us. Drag this hire out even a week or two and you'll need to put on the emergency flashers and pull to the side of the road and hope a big (but late) hire can help us play catch up. Drag this out a week or two and make a mediocre hire and you might as well drive the car through the guardrail and cash it in, because you are out of the race.

72 hours, folks.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Bona Fide

Nailed it
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy rockytop9808 is just really nicerockytop9808 is just really nicerockytop9808 is just really nicerockytop9808 is just really nicerockytop9808 is just really nicerockytop9808 is just really nicerockytop9808 is just really nicerockytop9808 is just really nicerockytop9808 is just really nicerockytop9808 is just really nicerockytop9808 is just really nice

I hope you guys can pull someone big, too.

I've been of the opinion all along that I didn't really want to screw a program like we got screwed, but it looks like it happened.

I'm sincerely and honestly cheering for you all and wishing you luck.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Great analysis Brian!

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Nailed it
    +1
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rockytop9808 View Post

I've been of the opinion all along that I didn't really want to screw a program like we got screwed, but it looks like it happened.

Thanks dude. We know it's not like you personally came here and took Dooley. Beat down on LSU this season!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rockytop9808 View Post

I hope Derek Dooley turns out to be a "LEGEND" at Tennessee. I really wish Derek the best and UT the best and La Tech the best. May we meet someday for the national championship and TECH kicks y'alls ass.... 'til then.... good luck

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Well, folks, I think we're on the verge of the big time here.

For one thing, this is the biggest meltdown in BB&B history! For another, the "most users online" record has been broken at least twice today.

More seriously, though, much like when Crowton left, we are poised to make a leap forward and be even better than we have been under Dooley. The HUGE differences between then and now, though, are that 1) Dooley actually left a solid foundation of infrastructure and organization that the next coach can build on and 2) we now have an AD who's head is on the outside of his britches and will not be doing silly crap like hiring an assistant just to keep from having to hire new assistants. Oh, and unlike then, Dr. Reneau seems to really get that his legacy can be tarnished if athletics wanes under his watch.

The next 72 hours are going to be key. Make a big-time hire and this whole drama will be nothing more than the slight lag you get when you press the clutch to switch to a higher gear. Make a solid but not big-time hire and we'll experience some jerkiness in the switch and may lag for a while, which will keep us moving in a positive direction, but will allow others to continue to outpace us. Drag this hire out even a week or two and you'll need to put on the emergency flashers and pull to the side of the road and hope a big (but late) hire can help us play catch up. Drag this out a week or two and make a mediocre hire and you might as well drive the car through the guardrail and cash it in, because you are out of the race.

72 hours, folks.
    Jepp...been a long time Brian...and good post!!

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I want it NOW!!! Sorry, but I personally hope they can have someone in place and announced well before 72 hours because those recruits are watching and the sooner we have that name - and I hope its a big one - the better off we are.

I do think its great about the BB&B records though. Been on all 3 forums since the 90's and the progress is unbelievable.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see why we can't have someone hired by tomorrow at 6 PM.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

At the height of the madness today - the board was experiencing over 400 page views per second....

It wasn't the server that couldn't handle it - we are on the same server as a BigXII school but a bug in the database....

Hopefully got it fixed now and we can avoid further DT's that all of ya'll were experiencing today -

We have NEVER EVER experienced that type of traffic before....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Jepp...been a long time Brian...and good post!!
    Look what the cathouse dragged in!

Btw, you never sent me the message you promised 'splining your previous departure.

Quote Originally Posted by garddawg View Post
    I want it NOW!!! Sorry, but I personally hope they can have someone in place and announced well before 72 hours because those recruits are watching and the sooner we have that name - and I hope its a big one - the better off we are.

I do think its great about the BB&B records though. Been on all 3 forums since the 90's and the progress is unbelievable.
    I hope it's less than 72 hours, too. I really think 72 hours is the MAXIMUM here. Longer than that allows for WAY too many phone calls and visits to our commits and prospects.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Look what the cathouse dragged in!

Btw, you never sent me the message you promised 'splining your previous departure.
    Haha! Days like today drag an old soul out of retirement!! I'll shoot you a PM..but staying on topic ..ya nailed it!!

Funny, I don't recall seeing any dirtydawg posts today. Is he on the mend again?

+ Reply to Thread