+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonny Dykes?

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Sonny Dykes?

Received and email from a friend in Scottsdale AZ who wanted to confirm Sonny Dykes - the OC for Arizona Wildcats is interested and is on the list?

Anyone heard anything else about this?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Sonny Dykes?

He's on BD28's list.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Not interested. I watched Sonny Dykes' Arizona offense lose to Nebraska 33-0 in this year's Holiday Bowl (played Dec 30th). I'd prefer to have Cool Hand Clyde as our Coach.

HD

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Would Tim Rattay come with him?:icon_wink:
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Not interested. I watched Sonny Dykes' Arizona offense lose to Nebraska 33-0 in this year's Holiday Bowl (played Dec 30th). I'd prefer to have Cool Hand Clyde as our Coach.

HD
    Didn't Texas almost lose to Nebraska this year?? - You know, the Longhorn guys who played someone from the SEC out in Pasadena a week and half ago.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Didn't Texas almost lose to Nebraska this year?? - You know, the Longhorn guys who played someone from the SEC out in Pasadena a week and half ago.
    What's you point? Dyke's offense was miserable. Arizona couldn't score a single point. And that performance was with the Texas Tech job on the line for Dykes that night. He had a lot riding on it, and he failed.

No thanks. We can do better.

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

What's you point? Dyke's offense was miserable. Arizona couldn't score a single point. And that performance was with the Texas Tech job on the line for Dykes that night. He had a lot riding on it, and he failed.

HD
    I agree. I think one game is definitely enough to judge someone on. That's why I think Saban should be fired for that terrible loss to Utah last year. That was a complete failure offense, defense, special teams and he should be embarrassed!!!

That said Sonny Dykes doesn't cut it for me either HD. I think we could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I agree. I think one game is definitely enough to judge someone on. That's why I think Saban should be fired for that terrible loss to Utah last year. That was a complete failure offense, defense, special teams and he should be embarrassed!!!

That said Sonny Dykes doesn't cut it for me either HD. I think we could do better.
    Some of you guys are amazing. Even though you agree, you still want to argue.

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Some of you guys are amazing. Even though you agree, you still want to argue.

HD
    Because your reasoning was way off base. There are real reasons why we can do better than Dykes than how he did in one game. Those reasons would still exist even if he would have done great in that ONE game. Your post was silly.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

so.......everyone try to find something wrong with every guy. Let's just go ahead and put Scelfo in as HC. We will only complain about every other guy who is rumored to be coming here.

I don't know much about the guy one way or another...just passing along what I heard from people in AZ. After reading his bio...he actually coached at NLU in 1998...man was hungry for a job.

He is from TX and does recruit Dallas.....and is the son of a famous coach!

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    ...and is the son of a famous coach!
    Stop right there...sign him up!

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

HD
    In 1974 a Mickey Slaughter-coached offense was down 42-0 in the 4th Qtr. until Central Michigan finally pulled their starters and allowed the game to end 42-14. Does that one game make Slaughter a poor offensive coach?

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    In 1974 a Mickey Slaughter-coached offense was down 42-0 in the 4th Qtr. until Central Michigan finally pulled their starters and allowed the game to end 42-14. Does that one game make Slaughter a poor offensive coach?
    No more than your stupid post makes you an idiot.

I thought you were "Looking for Results".....but you're just looking for Excuses!

HD

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

No more than your stupid post makes you an idiot.

I thought you were "Looking for Results".....but you're just looking for Excuses!

HD
    Perhaps you should run as a democrat for Congress - you've mastered the art of name-calling in lieu of substance.

+ Reply to Thread