+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sonny Dykes?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Sonny Dykes?

bump -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ BulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the roughBulldawgBB is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    bump -
    Now why did you have to go and do that...

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    bump -
    Thank you Dewayne..

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by JDubyadawg View Post
    Thank you Dewayne..
    I knew you and BD28 would appreciate it....

HD - not so much so
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    In 1974 a Mickey Slaughter-coached offense was down 42-0 in the 4th Qtr. until Central Michigan finally pulled their starters and allowed the game to end 42-14. Does that one game make Slaughter a poor offensive coach?
    They just beat the crap out of us. Thanks for reminding me of such a miserable day. However, it was ONLY 35-14 which makes me feel NO BETTER. By the way, that was the only game we lost in 1974 as we finished the season 11-1.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYS14 View Post
    They just beat the crap out of us. Thanks for reminding me of such a miserable day. However, it was ONLY 35-14 which makes me feel NO BETTER. By the way, that was the only game we lost in 1974 as we finished the season 11-1.
    Coach, sure hope you could tell from the post that I was using that game to show the absurdity of looking at only one game and IN NO WAY was intended to reflect anything in your direction except THE HIGHEST REGARD for your ability and your momentous contributions to Tech!

BTW, can Sonny's approach to the spread work in the red zone? I'm nervous about a philosophy of using a limited number of plays that you do well and basically daring a team to stop you. That works fine until you're overmatched, and then what? Without keeping a defense guessing and the use of some deception, which Boise has always exceptionally incorporated, you don't have any way to turn when overmatched. Am I missing something and how do you think Sonny-D would respond to that?

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Coach, sure hope you could tell from the post that I was using that game to show the absurdity of looking at only one game and IN NO WAY was intended to reflect anything in your direction except THE HIGHEST REGARD for your ability and your momentous contributions to Tech!

BTW, can Sonny's approach to the spread work in the red zone? I'm nervous about a philosophy of using a limited number of plays that you do well and basically daring a team to stop you. That works fine until you're overmatched, and then what? Without keeping a defense guessing and the use of some deception, which Boise has always exceptionally incorporated, you don't have any way to turn when overmatched. Am I missing something and how do you think Sonny-D would respond to that?
    Please do not worry one second about the Central Michigan analogy--I thought it was a good case to make. Truth be known, you get your butt kicked so often in the coaching business you just have to have a thick, thick skin ( or head ), & I was accused of a whole lot worse.

Before we make any judgements on what type of spread he is going to use at our school, let's give Sonny some time to evaluate the talent he has on hand which will largely determine what brand of the spread he uses & HOW MUCH he uses his brand. The spring game will give us a good idea of just how Sonny is going to use what he's got in our offensive players & just how much he will use his version of the spread. I will BET that he is going to be pleased with the TALENT ( a lot of it YOUNG talent ) that he has on hand.

Varsity Bulldog bambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the earsbambino seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What's you point? Dyke's offense was miserable. Arizona couldn't score a single point. And that performance was with the Texas Tech job on the line for Dykes that night. He had a lot riding on it, and he failed.

No thanks. We can do better.

HD
    I think that Dykes offense was pretty good...defense, well that's another story. :icon_wink:

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

This year (2012) was the most exciting TECH football I have seen in many years....EXCEPT, for the last two games. Other than that...you must have had to blow the dust off this thread.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Love this bump!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Love this bump!
    Got to love HD's comments.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

HD was (is) right about one thing.....we can do better! We can find a coach that knows what defense is! I'm glad Dykes is gone.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Word is Dykes is headed to TT, TT is willing to buy out commitment to Cal. Liberty Bowl is involved in the negotiations.

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Got to love HD's comments.
    That "HD Dude" he one insightful dude. But he a Democrat(??), what LFR said 2+ years ago.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DQDawg View Post
    Word is Dykes is headed to TT, TT is willing to buy out commitment to Cal. Liberty Bowl is involved in the negotiations.

+ Reply to Thread